Just Joined

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Joined

Good afternoon Everyone,

I have recently taken on the role of GM at Pfaff Tuning and wanted to get my self onto the forums here and see what goes on. I do know some of your on here personally and thought I woud at least make myself know to all.

My name is Brad and i can be reached at bmeise@pfafftuning.com

I have many years of Porsche experience having worked in the Pfaff organization for almost 20 years now.

If i can be of help getting infomation or answering any questions, please feel free to email them to me and i can research them for you.

We have also added a Master Porsche technician to our team. So we have a lot of depth here now in the shop.

New direction and new faces, hopefully we can be of assistance to some of you from time to time..

thanks

Brad
Old 11-12-2007, 07:12 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,144 Likes on 818 Posts

Hi Brad

Welcome to Rennlist Canada site. I am not sure how familiar you are with our group and our collective experiences with Pfaff. I would suggest doing a search on Pfaff to get some insite.
Again welcome, any and all Porsche enthusists are welcome as far as I am concerned . PS what do you drive ... P car pics are unoficially mandatory :-)
Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Jagsiva
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pfaff Tuning GM
Good afternoon Everyone,

I have recently taken on the role of GM at Pfaff Tuning and wanted to get my self onto the forums here and see what goes on. I do know some of your on here personally and thought I woud at least make myself know to all.

My name is Brad and i can be reached at bmeise@pfafftuning.com

I have many years of Porsche experience having worked in the Pfaff organization for almost 20 years now.

If i can be of help getting infomation or answering any questions, please feel free to email them to me and i can research them for you.

We have also added a Master Porsche technician to our team. So we have a lot of depth here now in the shop.

New direction and new faces, hopefully we can be of assistance to some of you from time to time..

thanks

Brad
Welcome aboard Brad, nice to have you here. I do have a couple of questions for you.

Please let me know if you cannot answer these...

I have an 05 TTS, still under warranty till 08 and CPO til the end of 2010. Is there an official policy from PCNA on mods such as flash updates and exhaust systems? Is there an approved list of aftermarket vendors you can go with and still not jeopardize your warranty? Are some components, e.g. wheels allowed, while others such as flashes, not allowed? How does Pfaff Tuning normally handle these -- do you warranty the car for mods?

Cheers, Jag.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:11 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
I am not sure how familiar you are with our group and our collective experiences with Pfaff. I would suggest doing a search on Pfaff to get some insite.
Who wants to pass the butter?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Rennlist, Brad.

At Rennlist, you will find a little of everything. Porsche owners of all styles. We are passionate about our cars & anything that you can add to discussions would be worthwhile. Just never underestimate the posters here.

Ian
Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Arnaud,
A few to go along with the ?....
Old 11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I was wondering who'd be the first to pass the popcorn...

Brad, some of us have had, shall I say, less than stellar experiences with Pfaff Porsche. Now, as I understand, Pfaff Tuning is a pretty much completely separate enterprise, and I've actually heard some pretty good things about you guys (no direct experience myself - I don't think there's much to "tune" on a vintage Porsche!), but there's obviously a connection to the main dealership, so you might find a few people, um, unloading on you.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

theiceman,

I currently have a demo and sorry to say it is an A4 2.0T, good news is i get to tune my demo's so we have a car for clients to drive and see what some of our products work like. In the past i have had 2 944 turbo's (my fav) and a 996, all of which i had done a few tweeks to.

I have read the threads and understand some of the anger and dis satisfaction people have had, but that is the past and i can't change that i can only move forward and offer up what we can do for Porsche enthusiasts. My father was at VW Canada in the days when they imoported the Porsche brand to Canada. i have grown up on Porsche and have been around through just about everyhting that has happened to them over the years, including being in the trenches during the initial US car issues.

I have read so much about the US cars and the different re actions by the Car companies, i even read that Bombardier's was not going to honour warranty on ATV's purchased by Canadian's in the US. It is everywhere these days..... but our business at Tuning is about passion and fun, power and torque, adn all the good things that come from owning some of the worlds greatest cars.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Christien,

Being that i have been a service manager with Pfaff for more that a decade at out various locations, the most recent being Pfaff Porsche. i have been downloaded on for a long time, but i know that if anything good is to come out of the recent past is that sometimes you take it on the chin and move forward.

Tuning is a seperate company, and part of our group, but we are here to conduct business in the arena that the aftermarket is.

I think everyone one of us have had a bad experience with a business over the course of our lives. i think thats why they invent the second chance and the three strike rule....lol
Old 11-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Hey Pongobaz,

i hope those drinks with the popcorn is cold german draft!!! lol

I think i recognize your C4S, Did Jimmy look after you once upon a time at the dealership?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah, absolutely, but taken as a collective experience, Pfaff not only struck out, but retired the side. I learned very quickly being a successful small business owner for several years now that it's not making mistakes that matters, it's how you deal with the mistakes. It's not the US vs CDN pricing issue (though that started it), it's how Pfaff dealt with it - fear tactics, dishonesty, bullying UCR - that turned me off.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

AM993,

Have you done the software upgrade to your 2.0t? let me know if you want to drive an A4 with the software, i building my demo this week and will have it flashed
Old 11-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Christien,

I hear you, but i can't speak to that as i dont really think it would make some of you feel any better, so i chose to move along. We have been in business for over 40 years, so we must be doing a lot of things right.

If you have a US car and need any warranty assistance, let me know iw ould be glad to help out as best i can.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

jag,

i will get you an answer to your warranty questions tomorrow when i'm at the office, i know the answer to it but want to clarify our tuning warranty as we ahve a good one.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Jagsiva
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pfaff Tuning GM
jag,

i will get you an answer to your warranty questions tomorrow when i'm at the office, i know the answer to it but want to clarify our tuning warranty as we ahve a good one.
Cool, thanks Brad. BTW, I'm off to Pfaff P. for a service on Thursday, will let you know how things go....Jag

Quick Reply: Just Joined