Notices

Just Joined

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, forgive me for pressing, but something even close to an official response would be unbelievably appreciated. I openly challenged Pfaff to come to a UCR social to explain their position on the US warranty issue, back when rumours were flying everywhere, but there was no response. This was on the UCR forum, which I know Chris Pfaff monitors, because he fired off an angry email at Wayne over a thread I and a few others posted to. There has been absolutely zero effort on the part of Pfaff (at least insofar as I'm aware) to address any of the issues and complaints raised against them, which just rubs salt in the wound, and adds to the reason why so many of us are hostile towards anything to do with them. And to compound issues, DFC has shown pretty much the complete opposite attitude towards their customers, even those with US cars.

Anyway, sorry to be dumping this on your shoulders, as you're probably not responsible for and have little control over the situation anyway. But any kind of insight as to why Pfaff has taken the attitude they have would probably go a long way.

Welcome to rennlist!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got to run for the evening..... will check back in the morning

have a great evening everyone
Old 11-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

let me know who your service consultant is......
Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Christien,

let me see what i can get for you from service as it stands today.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 409 Posts

Welcome to the board! great to have a dealer rep to answer q's here and there. Eshel (turbo s) speaks highly of your shop. post some pics of the 951s at least. Do you go to the apex days?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfaff Tuning GM
AM993,

Have you done the software upgrade to your 2.0t? let me know if you want to drive an A4 with the software, i building my demo this week and will have it flashed
Thanks for the offer. I am not looking at any upgrade on the A4: it's just a grocery getter and I already have my hands full my supercharged VR6
Old 11-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pfaff Tuning GM
Good afternoon Everyone,

I have recently taken on the role of GM at Pfaff Tuning and wanted to get my self onto the forums here and see what goes on. I do know some of your on here personally and thought I woud at least make myself know to all.

My name is Brad and i can be reached at bmeise@pfafftuning.com

I have many years of Porsche experience having worked in the Pfaff organization for almost 20 years now.

If i can be of help getting infomation or answering any questions, please feel free to email them to me and i can research them for you.

We have also added a Master Porsche technician to our team. So we have a lot of depth here now in the shop.

New direction and new faces, hopefully we can be of assistance to some of you from time to time..

thanks

Brad
Brad, you are a brave soul to subject yourself to this forum. I'm sure you will be bombarded with questions and complaints.
Just one word of advice....this is a P car enthusiast forum and not only for folks who can afford to drive one.

Good Luck.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Turbodan,

Yes i do go to the Apex driving days as I'am one one the owners of the company and we love to do our track events.

have you been to an of our days?

unfortunatley this year i was only able to attend 2 days...... but next season i plan to be at more.

Currently we are thinking of picking up a 944 to convert to a track car to have some fun with.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Pfaff Tuning GM
Instructor

Jake,

It's not about being brave more about enjoying the P brand, i know that this and any forum you read in the automotive world has people that have had bad experiences. It 's just the way it is sometimes. but i will not shy away form any questions, if i can give the ansewr i will and if i cant i will tell you.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:57 AM
michel944
Pro

Welcome Brad, another car crazy guy !
I know how you feel with cars, my father was a Chevy dealer up to 1973 and I was raised sitting in muscle cars besides him doing street racing all across the sixties ! But then I've been around at least one Porsche, his' or mines, for the last 30 years.....God, time goes by !!!
Old 11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Strictly speaking of Pfaff Porsche service

Jimmy looks after my C4S usually, though I have a Canadian car and it isn't under warranty anymore. I didn't get the car there so there is no special treatment.

When it was under warranty I have plenty of service issues.
I've had my RMS and intermediate seals does 3 times. I've went in for catalytic converters 4 times. Not even including the appointments for minor and major services, I've had lot of service experiences in 4 years of ownership.
Nothing wrong with the service people or work but after booking and waiting a month for a service appointment, I go in and it they don't complete the job within a reasonable time. I drop the car of right when they open and at least once I've had to leave my car overnight for a simply catalytic converter replacement. They overbook and then keep the car overnight when it is not necessary.

Going through Jimmy speed up the process the last time I had to go in when the other catalytic converter went. He is a good guy, though I don't always get him and I think having Brent Hunter let him know what the problem was helped out a lot.

Their rentals cars are just terrible. Unwashed, dusty and filthy inside. There choice of cars are crap. If they are going to go that cheap they should choose small cars. Not SUVs and large gas guzzlers. A small clean car is much better then having a dirty Crysler 300C or Buick Rendezvous
Old 11-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Christien
Race Car

Originally Posted by jumper5836
I think having Brent Hunter let him know what the problem was helped out a lot.
You had to have a mechanic from an independent shop advise the service manager at a dealership service centre?

Not that Brent is by any means a second-rate mechanic, but shouldn't the ones at the dealer be the absolute best? Their labour rates would indicate so. Wow.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:50 AM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Christien
shouldn't the ones at the dealer be the absolute best? Their labour rates would indicate so. Wow.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
You had to have a mechanic from an independent shop advise the service manager at a dealership service centre?

Not that Brent is by any means a second-rate mechanic, but shouldn't the ones at the dealer be the absolute best? Their labour rates would indicate so. Wow.
The previous time. I let them know it was the cat and which one. Had the check engine light on and the rattling sound was loud. They didn't take my word for it.
I drop it off at 8:00 am.
I phone over at noon to see if it is done and ready to pick up. They let me know that it could be many different things other then the cats,
I phone at 3:30 pm, they tell me it is the cat and they are looking at it now and will have it done for the next day.
I phone the next day and they tell me it will be done by the end of the day.
At the 3:30 pm I phone them and they say it is ready but hasn't been washed yet.
I go pick it up.

It wasn't a complicated problem. So the next time having let Jimmy know what the problem was. He was able to make sure the cat was in inventory and I am sure that the pre-check sped things up.
I picked the car up at noon the same day.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Christien
Race Car

If it's no longer under warranty, why not just take it to Brent? Seems it would be half the time and half the price. Ok, so it doesn't get washed, but big deal. Most of us enjoy washing our cars

Quick Reply: Just Joined