Notices

Anyone in Canada looking for a FordGT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Both great cars LAT, but I'm trying to sell a GT, not a TT....
Old 01-04-2008, 07:51 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Understood, just pointing out that other Canadian dealers are asking a lot less.

They are both great cars, but I think most on this site are P-car biased.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:58 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

where NobleGT, I am sure he is tired on his little lotus now.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Understood, just pointing out that other Canadian dealers are asking a lot less.
True, however to my knowledge, there aren't any GTs left in Canada that are unregistered with full warranty, and if there are, they won't be sold for anywhere near $160k. Many of these cars have already been written off as well. Couple that with only one production year for Canada, makes these FordGTs very rare birds.

They are both great cars, but I think most on this site are P-car biased.
Believe me, I'm a Porsche guy at heart too. However, I have been shotgun, at speed, in both a FordGT and a 997TT and the FordGT wins my heart, hands down. They have similar performance, but the GT is still faster and in a league above the 997. The FordGT is an exotic supercar and the 997TT is an everyday supercar.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:00 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

I believe list in May was 180K and I buy my fleet from this dealer and we were talking 160K.

I have never been in a GT at speed so I can't comment on that aspect.

I do however like the back seats on all my P-cars and the trunk as well. I use them as touring cars and enjoy the lack of attention they get.

I have had the CTR-2 up to 306 kph GPS on the autobahn and that was amazing to say the least complete with luggage and rear seats.

I wish you the best with your sale.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 AM
Hot Oil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to add some weight to what Rich is saying, I am the Fleet Manager at this dealership and I am a Porsche nut completely, even a former PCA President, and while most of you will not have the chance to drive the Ford GT and the Carrera GT, I have and my preference is the Ford GT (time to put on the kevlar now).

I haven't driven or been given a ride in a racecar that has the acceleration the GT has and when you get your seating position set, you become one with this car, it is very well designed and built.

The Carrera GT, the Ford GT, the TT are all great cars and there are others as well and we should all be applauding these manufacturers that design and produce them. As far as I know, there are no other "new" GT's for sale in Canada and RIV will not allow the US version into Canada. The former President of Ford Canada made it his goal to have these "Canadian" GT's built for Canadians and I appreciate that. BTW, dealer invoice on this car is over $200,000 and out here on the coast, the average selling price was in the high 200's in 2006/2007. Our dealer group has sold 13 GT's and we service 8 of them here and the one common thread connecting these owners is that they all own or owned a Porsche and a Ferrari. If I had the means, this one would be parked in my garage beside my 993.

Thanks for taking the time to read, it's bedtime now.

Bob
Old 01-05-2008, 10:57 AM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

I'd rather buy one for $180K......and save the $45K difference for repairs when the warranty expires.

That is why you still have the car.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Keith, the car is not sitting here because it's overpriced, the car is sitting here because not many people can afford it or even know of it's existance.

FYI there is an American Ford GT on ebay right now with ~100miles, no title, and they are asking $225,000, so IMHO we are not on crack in regards to our asking price. If you had this GT in your inventory, what would you sell it for?

Keith, I could also say that instead of buying your $38,500 1991 911C4Cab, I'd rather buy a $28,500 964C4 cab and save the $10,000 for other things...

..BTW, I agree with your avatar!

Last edited by Rich Sandor; 01-05-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 779 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor
FYI there is an American Ford GT on ebay right now with ~100miles, no title, and they are asking $225,000, so IMHO we are not on crack in regards to our asking price. If you had this GT in your inventory, what would you sell it for?
You guys will be lucky to get list for this car. Continuing to try to flog it here over list, with no bites and a clear negative consensus, makes one suspicious of your judgment.

Ask whatever you want, but stop wasting our time with your nonsense.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:13 PM
skruggs964
Pro

Not to add fuel to the fire...but here's one in Calgary with 900 miles for $195k....

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...4&pgno=1&srt=1
Old 01-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Sputter
Pro

I guess this is where Rich figures the money is. Personally, i hate pushy car salesmen.. Ebay is hardy representive of the market Rich.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

I started in this business 6 months ago. It was something new for me. It's been a very frustrating financial and emotional rollercoaster, (those in the biz can understand) but I also understand that success in this business does not come within the first year. I thought it would be really cool if "the rookie" in the store could be the one to sell the GT.

All I wanted to do was get this car out there, so that maybe some of my fellow rennlisters might spread the word and help out a fellow rennlister. I'm sorry that some of you think we're out to lunch on the asking price, but it is an asking price. Someone who is in the market for a GT is welcome to come and make a reasonable offer. Your input (Jamie & Keith) is valuable to me, but there is no way our owner will let us sell the car for anywhere near list.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:45 AM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

I helped a P-car salesman sell a GT3 here once, new car for MSRP, he got MSRP and a fellow Rennlister got the car he wanted.

Months later he called me to help him sell a GT3RS at over MSRP and I refused and he understood.

Let's keep this the P-car site it is intended to be.

Nuf said.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:20 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Rich,
I've been involved in manufacturer and dealership staff training for over 15 years and yes, it takes about 3 years for sales consultants to build a substantial client base to generate enough referral and return business to make a healthy living. While I applaud your initiative in using the internet for prospecting, I would suggest that a Porsche forum would not necessarily be the 1st choice for trying to sell a Ford GT. The buyer demographic profiles for 911's and Ford GT's are quite different...trust me on this: I do a lot of work for Ford HQ in Oakville, On. Have you tried joining and posting this car on a Ford specific or a muscle car forum? I know yor heart and passion are with Porsche, but your income is through Ford; just a suggestion.
In the end, I think your dealer principal is being a bit greedy and out of touch with the pricing on this vehicle...but he's not the first owner to make that mistake. The marketplace will determine the final price of this vehicle, but meanwhile if your dealer principal can afford to bank this car forever, so be it.
Good luck.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Zeeman28a
Racer

Originally Posted by Hot Oil
Our dealer group has sold 13 GT's and we service 8 of them here and the one common thread connecting these owners is that they all own or owned a Porsche and a Ferrari.
Considering the cost of the GT, this is hardly a surprise.

Quick Reply: Anyone in Canada looking for a FordGT?