Here's another view:
Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default X2

Originally Posted by arshad
Cway: It's not about patting each other on the back.

He comes on and makes a number of generalizations (paraphrased):

- Lonely people
- No *****, never take their cars to the track
- True car enthusiasts dont stand around chatting/checking out the rides
- Whupped, only opportunity to get away from wife/kids

etc.

Nothing wrong with expressing an opinion but painting everyone with this big brush just highlights his ignorance. Several of the guys that I know who came out are hardcore track junkies. Some are instructors. They probably spend a lot more time at Mosport than this clown does. Who said these activities had to be mutually exclusive?

I would characterize the people who came out to this event as people who enjoy cars in general, enjoy driving their vehicles, and are probably doing half decent in life to be able to afford some of these cars. To me it seems that the guy who states that he doesn't like to socialize and gets his jollies by insulting others manhood on an online forum more likely fits the bill of the lonely loser.

I guess some people just crave attention...

Well Said!!!!!! As per my previous post but not as eloquent.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:03 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,176 Likes on 844 Posts

Originally Posted by CWay27
Wow you guys are really uptight and it's not even funny. Would you just relax, it's just a forum. If you start a thread (no, actually 4) and post pictures, one way or the other you'll get good and bad comments and that's the internet. I'm not saying I agree with Noble (sometimes he also gets under my skin) but come on, every bad comment and the hole gang jumps on it like flies on ****. Are you guys so insecure that only the "hey man, that was a cool ride", "love your car", "best time of my life" are allowed to be posted. In that case all 4 threads should of been closed a while ago cause everything had already been said in the first 15 posts.

Speaking of the girl, I made an observation and Gunner made a comment, who cares!! If woman were on this board, the bitching would of started way earlier. The matter of fact is if you have the nerves to let your GF or wife wear something like to a frigg'n run, you are bound to have comments and most of the time the odds are not in favor of good ones. If this thing is so about cars, why would let her dress like a stripper.

And to whom ever said that comments like that ruin Canadian forum, well that B.S. No offense guys but all we see around here are the same threads over and over about GTG in the same starbucks parking lot with the same cars over and over. Same sh.. different thread. No wonder there's hardly ever any activities on the Canadian forum.

... And those were my .02$
I guess Montreal have their " Noble " too....

'nough said...
Old 07-11-2007, 10:47 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by goldyf355
Certainly, the internet isn't "real life", but thats the point.

It's easy to talk $hit over the internet, unlike real life where your actions/words might have consequences......

I prefer a straight up approach in either enviroment......after reading some of his (and your) comments in this thread, I have to wonder how you guys would behave "in the real world"?

Would you act the same? I doubt it.......and if that's the case....who's the "poser" now ???
Would I act the same way? probably not....
Would I have the same thoughts? Absolutely!!

This forum isn't going to change the way the internet works.... good or bad, it's what it is, so relax.

Hey Carl, on the stripper analogy!!!
These TO folks...... pretty soon they will roll out their mighty Leafs... now that's reeeeally lame!!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:11 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imcarthur
I thought it was cool too.

Here's another view:

That's amazing! It looks like a prototype. I like that Trabant though:

"In Russia you don't drive car, car drives YOU!"
Old 07-11-2007, 01:24 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

I think the next gen of Smart cars are due within 18 months. Hopefully some of the nicer models will make it across the pond instead of just the homely Fortwo we get here.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

1Gunner, if they roll out the Leafs, I will counter with my mighty Oilers....er...wait, they have been freaking ****ty lately and going down hill faster that someone on a GS race
Hockey related funny story about Mike Comrie - The local Porshe dealer mechanic told me that a few years back they inflated his tires to very high pressure (over 100 psi) for the winter to keep them from flat spotting. In the spring he forgot to reduce the pressure and drove it around for 5 months before he brought it in and complained it was a very hard riding vehicle.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 AM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
The people who show up at these events....are they really car enthusiast or just attention seekers.
I mean come on, the person who owns a Z06 have nothing in common with someone that paid 3 times more for a F430. It all about $$$. What is with that Mercedes SLR anyways!!!
If you are refering to the owner of the White Z06 ... special Ron Fellow edition ... he is a Corvette Lover ... he could easily aford the F430, the Carrea GT and the Mercedes ... it's not always about the cost of something ... but what you fall in love with!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:02 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
If you are refering to the owner of the White Z06 ... special Ron Fellow edition ... he is a Corvette Lover ... he could easily aford the F430, the Carrea GT and the Mercedes ... it's not always about the cost of something ... but what you fall in love with!
I finished watching an episode of 5th gear last night.
The one host Jonny drives a Rolls Royce Phantom to Italy for a classic car show at the Villa d’Este on Lake Como.
They wouldn't even let the £250,000 Phatom in with there 1 - 3 million $ cars.

People will have a lot in common no matter how rich or poor you are. Anyway you look at it we are all human.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:11 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

Hey Greg ... I made the mistake of posting my response before reading ALL of the other related responses before doing so Should have done so, more elequent responses than mine!

I think every forum has a few Poop-disturbers on them ... Big Red on the Ferrari and Corvette Forums is a perfect example!

But I like to have my thoughts and opinions challenged ... forces me out of my comfort zone ... and forces me to rethink my original position, and if it still holds, then I know it is stronger.

So NobelGT3 ... keep posting ... keep following the path less traveled, or get out the machette and slash and burn your own new path ...

Mark
Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
So NobelGT3 ... keep posting ... keep following the path less traveled, or get out the machette and slash and burn your own new path ...
Mark
Just make sure your wearing a helmet this time ....
Old 07-12-2007, 01:13 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
in other words im writing a prescription for 2 ********* to all you GTG people
For the record, I was responding to this. Not your opinions, even though I don't agree with some of them.

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
why do you take my opinion as bashing? Be happy with your choices.
im trying to help you...thats why im on the forum.
its funny how dissenting views are always taken as ,bashing or judgemental. are your convictions that weak that you cant stand dissent?
i guess you are right about me being a joiner for being on this forum...therefore i wont post again. that is the right thing to do
For the most part you are helpful when it comes to track related stuff and yah I did get bashing on you as I was sure you could take it just as well as you give it out.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

serious cat says...everyone needs a Pint of guiness cause this thread became waaaay to serious at some point.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:59 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

I had a riot on the cruise, too.

Only bad thing is that it ATE up my RA1 rears. It was as bad as a track day!

Thanks Arshad
Old 07-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ u street drive on RA-1's? how much wearlife do u get on them generally speaking?

Quick Reply: Exotics cruise ---WHAT A BLAST---