Notices

Sat June 2 GTG photos

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:50 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Sat June 2 GTG photos

Here are a few from today. Good turn out considering the PCA DE is this weekend. Enjoy...
Attached Images                

Last edited by pongobaz; 06-03-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: wrong date.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:41 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to met all you guys, was certainly a pleasure and I'll be back most definitely. I had to leave early because I was going to the Toronto FC game! WHICH, EVERYONE should try to go to-the spirit and atmosphere in the stadium is crazy and every e is friendly, i.e. guy next to me bought my buddy and I a beer, people share their chips/peanuts etc.

As for the car meet, great spot, pretty cool to see people that go to turn around and all of the sudden start pointing and laughing at their sighting of German, British, American and Japanese cars/exotics.

I uploaded a bunch (62) right here http://www.flickr.com/photos/8258154...7600302010541/

If you find a photo you like/don't like tell me...I have hi-res 3264x2448.
And if the gentleman with the Bentley or Jaime with that lousy Carrera GT shows up, I'll freakin' walk for a ride in your new convertibles!

EDIT:

For Arnaud, Pongo, yeah on the way back to Caledon we were swerving in and out of Traffic and racing everyone, we even tried a 360º on the 427-boy was it dangerous. I'd never want to do a 360º or race on the track...it sounds mighty dangerous Let's see if the 'Duke of Porsche' comes around

I'm also putting my Engineering 'skill' to some use, I'm making a 3D model of my garage and how I get in the car.

Last edited by cleanme; 06-03-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:34 AM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cleanme
For Arnaud, Pongo, yeah on the way back to Caledon we were swerving in and out of Traffic and racing everyone, we even tried a 360º on the 427-boy was it dangerous. I'd never want to do a 360º or race on the track...it sounds mighty dangerous
Phil, Clive and I can teach you how to do 360º, even 720º if you want. That's what we did on the skidpad at Mosport early in May, while it was covered in snow and the three of us were running summer on summer tires
Old 06-03-2007, 09:54 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Brad,
nice pics! It was good to meet you...now we know who the ghost writer is behind the "Cleanme" handle. Hope you and your dad join us on the Niagara cruise next Sat.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:04 AM
TURBO-951
Racer

Thumbs up

Hello everyone, this is my very first posting and I am new to the Rennlist forum.
Just wanted to introduce my self as Dave. I recently purchased a 1987 944 turbo.
The car looks & drives even better. This car spent almost half its life at Mosport doing
what the previous owner loved to do best. Yesterdays gtg was great and plan to make most of them. Thanks for the warm welcome and happy motoring!

btw, thanks for the pics from june2nd, I used one shot for my avatar...
Old 06-03-2007, 11:04 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Hey great you could come out Dave .. a truely good get together this week. May be a little light next week . with a few crusies underway.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:23 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TURBO-951

btw, thanks for the pics from june2nd, I used one shot for my avatar...
Your welcome Dave...enjoy it! BTW, your car looks terrific.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Carrera_GTcrazy
Instructor

Anymore shots of the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona? What a beauty!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:01 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While you guys were standind around swilling caffeine, I was risking life & limb doing a scouting run for Niagara next weekend. Route is set & all who have expressed a desire to go should have rec'd a PM with a website for the run details.

Ian
Old 06-03-2007, 06:20 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TURBO-951
Hello everyone, this is my very first posting and I am new to the Rennlist forum.
Just wanted to introduce my self as Dave. I recently purchased a 1987 944 turbo.
Ahhhh, I was wondering who's that was! It looks absolutely amazing, very clean look and looking all 'business' at the same time. Not too mention you've done an amazing job of waxing/polishing it from what I could see, sooo shiny!

Pongo, I was disappointed with my Dad's pictures hahaha I think he was too excited to get creative! Maybe next time I'll lend my cameraa to you if you don't mind to go snap a few pictures? What camera are you using? Well sometimes my Dad posts but 85% is me and yeah hopefully we can make Niagara.

AM993, nah I would never want to do a 720º on the track but maybe on a heavy traffic road ..... But yeah you gotta' convince my Dad to get lowering springs I think it would look a little better? I love your car's setup, looks 'clean and tight'.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:55 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cleanme
Pongo, I was disappointed with my Dad's pictures hahaha I think he was too excited to get creative! Maybe next time I'll lend my cameraa to you if you don't mind to go snap a few pictures? What camera are you using? Well sometimes my Dad posts but 85% is me and yeah hopefully we can make Niagara.
Sure, not a problem. I use a Canon Rebel xt digital SLR with an 18-55 lens (came with and that's what I use at at the GTG) and I have a 70-300 zoom as well. I try not to shoot in full auto mode, I usually go into program mode to give me a little more control of the exposure/aperture.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:45 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video from turboS of Saturday's GTG.

See GTG Video

Ian

PS Rennlist/Rennlist as login/pw if needed.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:04 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice pics.

Great looking Turbo.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:58 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Great vid!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:01 AM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TurboS
Nice pics.

Great looking Turbo.

Thanks for the video, as a gadget nerd that's a very nice camera visually and sounds really good throughy my Sennheiser HD650 headphones....particularly that NSX

I see you're using .Mac to host your videos and I know there's a monthly transfer limit (4gb?), so next time I'll gladly host the videos on my server?

Yeah that Gray Turbo is a beauty, even had red seat belts It looks great with it's spoiler up and those rims......I wonder who's it was Didn't get to talk to you much but next time I definitely want to check out/see that video camera of yours!

-------------------------------------

Pongo, yeah I was going to bet it was either a Canon or a Nikon, the lens that I had on was 14-45mm and I have another lens 40-150mm. It's an Olympus E-500 I got from Futureshop for $499 w/ the two lenses. So I saved $300 according to Olympus. And so far, I'm absolutely amazed at the quality of the pictures this 'entry-level' DSLR takes. I have a nice big 30" & 23" Apple Cinema Display so seeing the pictures at close to native resolution is really nice. But wow, a 70-300mm lens! That's amazing, perfect for sporting events, I wish I could justify spending the money on a fisheye lens simply because it makes "really cool" pictures!

Quick Reply: Sat June 2 GTG photos