Notices

Zaino pricing in Canada is NUTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:04 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Zaino pricing in Canada is NUTS!!!

Does anyone here use Zaino Products?
I have been using them for years and love how they work.

That said, has anyone else noticed the pricing has gone completely out of whack in the past year and a half?
I'm sure Mike at Zaino in Guelph must have set his pricing when a $1.60 CDN equaled $1.00 US.
Now 1.08 CDN equals 1.00 US..... BUT his pricing has stayed the same....
Compare the US web site pricing to the CDN web site and you will see what I mean....

Z-8 is 19.95 US or ~21.55 CDN, using current CDN/US dollar valuations.
But Zaino Canada wants $29.95 a bottle......AND It's the same for each and every item on the price list

It just PO's me, cuz I love the product line, but just can't justify the price gouging

sorry...... just had to vent!!

Old 06-01-2007, 05:32 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Kinda like PCNA prices cars in Canada vs the US?...
Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Does anyone here use Zaino Products?
I have been using them for years and love how they work.

That said, has anyone else noticed the pricing has gone completely out of whack in the past year and a half?
I'm sure Mike at Zaino in Guelph must have set his pricing when a $1.60 CDN equaled $1.00 US.
Now 1.08 CDN equals 1.00 US..... BUT his pricing has stayed the same....
Compare the US web site pricing to the CDN web site and you will see what I mean....

Z-8 is 19.95 US or ~21.55 CDN, using current CDN/US dollar valuations.
But Zaino Canada wants $29.95 a bottle......AND It's the same for each and every item on the price list

It just PO's me, cuz I love the product line, but just can't justify the price gouging

sorry...... just had to vent!!

dont be a cheapass when a guy has set up a business and is bringing in a product for you. you drive a porsche and are whining over 8 dollars?
why dont you invest the money and import a bunch of zaino and set your own prices ??

Last edited by NOBLEGT3; 06-01-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:46 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
dont be a cheapass when a guy has set up a business and is bringing in a product for you. you drive a porsche and are whining over 8 dollars? are you retarded or just incredibly self involved?
why dont you invest the money and import a bunch of zaino and set your own prices ??
Get a clue, buy a vowel chum....

Wrong on every count...... (surprise, surprise....)

It's the not the net $.

A differential of over 40% just on currency valuation before the wholesale markup......

But then after reading some your past pearls of wisdom posted on here, nobody could, would or should expect a man of your cerebral magnificence to grasp such a concept...

FWIW, i've spoken directly with Sal, he understands the points made and about the way his name and product are being represented and sold in Canada by the sole licensee.....he also thinks there needs to be a correction to better reflect a strong CDN currency, but it's not directly his call.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
dont be a cheapass when a guy has set up a business and is bringing in a product for you. you drive a porsche and are whining over 8 dollars?
nice edit.... feeling generous?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:38 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

nice edit.... feeling generous?
i was told not to make fun of retards....
Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,144 Likes on 818 Posts

Old 06-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Peter, keep in mind the brokerage charges involved to bring anything into Canada from the US.

NAFTA ... free trade ... my ***!
Old 06-02-2007, 06:27 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Chris, the only point I was making before el magnifico chirped in his 2 cents CDN ........

The increase in our currency valuation should be reflected in price. Don't forget the CDN distributer pays a discounted wholesale price, as he should.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:39 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,144 Likes on 818 Posts

Peter

Although I do agree with you in principle, the reality is vendors of products rarely change pricing as quickly as we would like ( if at all ) with fluctuating currency, and as pointed out there are other costs involved.

Look at the bright side though.... look how cheaply you can buy anything in the US now with their sagging dollar ( because that is REALLY what is happening ) , and I see much more benefit in that ..

have a good one ..
Old 06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

el magnifico
are you trying to call me sexy?
Old 06-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Chris, the only point I was making before el magnifico chirped in his 2 cents CDN ........

The increase in our currency valuation should be reflected in price. Don't forget the CDN distributer pays a discounted wholesale price, as he should.

It doesn't happen immediately. If he's buying in USD and has low inventory his average wholesale price will drop more quickly than if he's sitting on a pile of stuff. His retail price will reflect that - OR he's taking more margin while he can. Most things aren't priced with a markup above cost, they are priced to what the market will bear - it's perceived value.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
It doesn't happen immediately. If he's buying in USD and has low inventory his average wholesale price will drop more quickly than if he's sitting on a pile of stuff. His retail price will reflect that - OR he's taking more margin while he can. Most things aren't priced with a markup above cost, they are priced to what the market will bear - it's perceived value.
Um, I didn't go to Harvard or nothin', but even I know you can't take margin to the bank. Dude is servicing a market a tenth the size of the one that's setting prices in your mind.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:12 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 12:16 PM
To: PCW
Subject: Re: Order the Zaino Z-8 Spray Via PayPal

You are looking at $46.69 funds can be sent to mike@zaino.ca
OK so the same bottle of Z-8 that is priced at $19.95 in the US, is going to cost $46.69 here in Canada.
Our Loonie is now worth over 0.94 cents US

I didn't go to Harvard or "Nuthin' " either.....Market size has nothing to do with margin..... Market support does.... and any market is nuts if it will support that gouge....... but hey, more power to him.... I guess selling 3 bottles at 200% margin is a better business model than selling 100 bottles at 30%...... in some minds.....
Old 06-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

the distributer probably charges what he does because he can and people still buy it... I love the capitalist system!
if you don't like it go to us and get it yourself

Quick Reply: Zaino pricing in Canada is NUTS!!!