Notices

Zaino pricing in Canada is NUTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:23 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
OK so the same bottle of Z-8 that is priced at $19.95 in the US, is going to cost $46.69 here in Canada.
Our Loonie is now worth over 0.94 cents US

I didn't go to Harvard or "Nuthin' " either.....Market size has nothing to do with margin..... Market support does.... and any market is nuts if it will support that gouge....... but hey, more power to him.... I guess selling 3 bottles at 200% margin is a better business model than selling 100 bottles at 30%...... in some minds.....
Of course market support matters. I'm just saying that if a guy needs to make a living on something that has niche appeal in this country, he's likely going to test the upper limits of market support simply because he can't move the number of units. It's the same reason there are only two Porsche dealers in the GTA, despite its being the fourth or fifth largest CMA in North America.

I just bought a new steering wheel in the US from a Porsche dealer. Saved $1,000 over the Canadian price. I'm telling you, the best thing for owners would be if PCNA went to a consolidated P&L....
Old 06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
the distributer probably charges what he does because he can and people still buy it... I love the capitalist system!
if you don't like it go to us and get it yourself
Exactly my point.

I just ordered a set of rotors (for when I need them) from the US today.

A few hundred $$$ in my pocket is worth a bit of extra effort.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Exactly my point.

I just ordered a set of rotors (for when I need them) from the US today.

A few hundred $$$ in my pocket is worth a bit of extra effort.
....and why I ordered a complete exhaust system direct from the mfr in the US, instead of paying a premium to buy it from a cdn dealer..... and saved hundreds $$

The Zaino issue is, Sal Zaino will not ship to CDN end users......

Old 06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....and why I ordered a complete exhaust system direct from the mfr in the US, instead of paying a premium to buy it from a cdn dealer..... and saved hundreds $$
I did the same with everything on & including my *cough* Dad's *cough* car. PayPal is offering some pretty sweet transaction rates on the dollar. A few days ago it was at $0.92xxx I'm going to go check Ebay now
Old 06-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

The Zaino issue is, Sal Zaino will not ship to CDN end users......

My rotors ($525 US for all 4 plus shipping!) are going to a Mailbox Place in Ogdensburg. They charge a few $ per pkg. to receive items. My buddy is driving down to pick up the order.

Perhaps you could do the same with Zaino?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
My rotors ($525 US for all 4 plus shipping!) are going to a Mailbox Place in Ogdensburg. They charge a few $ per pkg. to receive items. My buddy is driving down to pick up the order.

Perhaps you could do the same with Zaino?
I guess calling Sal Zaino and voicing my concerns directly to the top dog has had a positive effect. He did say he'd call Mike and although it was not his decision to make, he'd see what he could work out.

I thought he was just blowing smoke, but Sal Zaino is a stand up guy!!!

Zaino Canada is now offering a 20% discount!!

Just placed my order!!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 PM
kevf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaino Canada is now offering a 20% discount!![/B]
:
I don't see any mention of a discount on their website. Is this privately negotiated??

BTW, I bought a bunch of Zaino stuffs from http://www.carpolish.ca/ last month. Really nice guy to deal with, and he gave me very detailed instruction on the applications. Same prices as Zaino Canada. It was a hell of a lot of work, but *wow*, it does look great afterwards.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:28 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevf
I don't see any mention of a discount on their website. Is this privately negotiated??

BTW, I bought a bunch of Zaino stuffs from http://www.carpolish.ca/ last month. Really nice guy to deal with, and he gave me very detailed instruction on the applications. Same prices as Zaino Canada. It was a hell of a lot of work, but *wow*, it does look great afterwards.
The 20% discount is on their order form. And it's been there long before the start of this post ...
Mike's a good guy and will always treat you fairly.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by beers4all
The 20% discount is on their order form. And it's been there long before the start of this post ...
Sure it has....

Quick Reply: Zaino pricing in Canada is NUTS!!!