Failure to stop. Not me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:58 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by BGregovski
you guys have to get an HTA.....

144(19)(b).........yes after stopping and yeilding right of way, you can turn left from one way to one way

So you're the guy in front of me not turning!

As for the rant, maybe this can be discussed at a porsche run :-)

Brad
Can you bring your radar gun?
Old 10-27-2006, 08:02 PM
BIMMERMIKE
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BGregovski
Rod,

Southwestern Ontario,

You all know my work vehicle..... and for fun , 85.5 944

Brad

Hey Brad, any chance your driving a red coloured car? Seen your car(I think) parked in front the West Town Bar and Grill on Locke Street a few times.
Perhaps we can all meet up for a drink?
What yah say Christien?
Old 10-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Hah! I'd never pull up next to a cop and "try" something that might be illegal!!! In fact, once I was waiting to turn left, 1 way to 1 way, at a red light and a cop pulled up behind me - I was hoping he'd honk to get me to go, but he ended up parking or something. Thanks Brad for setting the record straight.

As for the rant, you don't want to get me started on traffic and safety BS at a run, because I'll never shut up. Stupid drivers are a HUGE pet peeve of mine, esp. since I started track driving and have a new appreciation for safety. At the same time, cash grabs that put my insurance through the roof even though I'm being perfectly safe **** me off just as much.

You know what pisses me off even more? OPP cops tailgating me in the left lane of the 401 at 120 kmh, then passing me on the right with no signal, nearly cutting me off to pull back into the left lane and then taking off at an estimated 150 kmh. This was yesterday somewhere around Cobourg or Trenton, eastbound. I wish I got the SOB's cruiser number, because I would've reported him. Esp. on the highways, police should be a role model for other drivers. If he was in an emergency, he absolutely should've had his lights going. No excuse, he was a dick. I even tried to catch up to him to get the car #, but didn't feel safe at those speeds with my 3 month old in the car seat in the back.

GRRRRR!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:22 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Originally Posted by Christien
Hah! I'd never pull up next to a cop and "try" something that might be illegal!!! In fact, once I was waiting to turn left, 1 way to 1 way, at a red light and a cop pulled up behind me - I was hoping he'd honk to get me to go, but he ended up parking or something. Thanks Brad for setting the record straight.

As for the rant, you don't want to get me started on traffic and safety BS at a run, because I'll never shut up. Stupid drivers are a HUGE pet peeve of mine, esp. since I started track driving and have a new appreciation for safety. At the same time, cash grabs that put my insurance through the roof even though I'm being perfectly safe **** me off just as much.

You know what pisses me off even more? OPP cops tailgating me in the left lane of the 401 at 120 kmh, then passing me on the right with no signal, nearly cutting me off to pull back into the left lane and then taking off at an estimated 150 kmh. This was yesterday somewhere around Cobourg or Trenton, eastbound. I wish I got the SOB's cruiser number, because I would've reported him. Esp. on the highways, police should be a role model for other drivers. If he was in an emergency, he absolutely should've had his lights going. No excuse, he was a dick. I even tried to catch up to him to get the car #, but didn't feel safe at those speeds with my 3 month old in the car seat in the back.

GRRRRR!!!
It's been a while hasn't it Christian.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Christien
Race Car

Are you talking about what I think you're talking about?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:02 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Originally Posted by Christien
Are you talking about what I think you're talking about?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Christien
Race Car

peut-etre...

(spent the weekend in Montreal, which has something to do with the above...)
Old 11-15-2006, 12:06 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Update (sorta)
3 weeks since I went in to make an appointment with the crown and have heard nothing from them.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Christien
Race Car

Hey Rod, any more updates yet? I got tagged on the 403 last night with a whopping $300 ticket and I'm considering my options - definitely not going to just pay up. Just wondering how you've made out so far.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Kirk930
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chris,

I would use POINTS or EXCOPPER to fight the ticket. I got nabbed on the Lakeshore in Toronto a few years ago in my wifes car (30 over as I passed someone ambling along) at a speed trap. They had 3 cops pulling cars over in a steady stream. Total revenue generator.

I used POINTS. The trial date kept getting moved back and eventually I received a notice saying that the ticket had been dropped. No points, fine, etc. POINTS cost me $300 if I remember correctly.

Kirk
Old 01-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Christien
Race Car

Hey Kirk. I used Points for my last ticket, but that was because it was in Peterborough, and I didn't want to take a day off work to drive down there. Between gas and time it was worth the $300. This one was near Brantford, so it's close enough for me to do by myself, and I'm debating doing that, if it's something I can handle. To be honest, the Points office here didn't impress me all that much.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:57 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We should make a thread and post where the usual cop hangouts are in and around the GTA?
Old 01-03-2007, 01:08 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cleanme
We should make a thread and post where the usual cop hangouts are in and around the GTA?
Good idea, let's start where I got caught. Driving south on Mavis, just before the Dundas intersection (3 lanes wide, speed limit: 60) in Mississauga.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:14 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts

Westbound off-ramp from the Qew to Lakeshore Rd. Speed drops from 90 to 70 to 60 pretty quickly and they often set up a multi-cruiser trap past the little rise before the left-hand sweeper underpass (so harder to spot them). I'm so used to it, that I give them a little wave and a good blip of the throttle on downshift as I crawl by.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Christien
Race Car

Eastbound QEW just before the Ford plant, westbound QEW almost the same spot, where the 403 merges onto the QEW.

Westbound 403 between Hamilton and Brantford, under one of the overpasses, can't remember exactly where.

Interestingly, there was an article in the Spectator last year about speed traps in the GTA - it said the eastbound QEW between Hamilton and Toronto sees the FEWEST tickets written anywhere, because the police feel it's too unsafe to stop people. QEW westbound is not far behind. This just BEGS the question as to why they don't improve safety on this stretch of highway, and I don't mean more speed patrols. I drive it all the time and it's definitely one of the most unsafe roads I've ever driven.

I learned the value of runoff room at Mosport last summer. Why would they ever build a highway with no inside shoulder?

Quick Reply: Failure to stop. Not me!