GTG in the GTA 10am Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 04:18 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Hey Tricky,
$1 breakfast? hmm...she must love you for more than your money!
Hey Pongo,
yup.
...not rich, and don't wear size 13 sneakers, so it must be my charming personality!

Correction: its breakfast for two, and throw in one of those sparkling
berry drinks, and we're max'ing out at $ 3.85 ish. Also, I plan to
flash my membership card for the Rennlist discount.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:32 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Trickydisco, please make sure you warn your GF that the sooner you run out of cash, the sooner the 911 will run out of gas and the sooner she will be pushing the car... Maybe she will decide to skip breakfast altogether...
Old 09-01-2006, 07:04 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

I can't make on Saturday, work to do. If Walter in a white 944 shows up say hi. His 85 has the neatest sport seats, linen inserts. He was at the Sunoco at Cawthra and Queensway and I told him about the meeting place.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:06 PM
tooslow
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Pongo...Doing some retail therapy at Apple?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:18 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Yup! But only if they have some deals on opening day...you know how I hate to pay full price . Also getting a free replacement battery from them on the 15" since apparently they double as BBQ starter briquets!
Old 09-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup! But only if they have some deals on opening day...you know how I hate to pay full price . Also getting a free replacement battery from them on the 15" since apparently they double as BBQ starter briquets!
phil,

let me know what you need.i can get an education discount thru the U of T bookstore and pass it on to you. i'll come take a look at the mac notebooks with you as i am now very interested. they just seem so sleek and cool to use and as long as my work isn't impedid..they're bloody cheap as well!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:00 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
phil,

let me know what you need.i can get an education discount thru the U of T bookstore and pass it on to you. i'll come take a look at the mac notebooks with you as i am now very interested. they just seem so sleek and cool to use and as long as my work isn't impedid..they're bloody cheap as well!
Hey Omar,
good to see you yesterday...even if you were driving an RX8 . I ended up going back to the Apple store this morning and spoke to someone else who was more than happy to give me the 10% educational discount on a 17" MacBook Pro (glossy screen) and the 3 yr Applecare warranty...saved about $500 vs what the 2 doofus' were offfering me yesterday.
This machine is awesome! I can't get over how sharp and bright the screen is. It took about 2 hrs for it to migrated all my files (automatically) from my old G4 PowerBook.
BTW: the store wasn't as packed today as when we were in there yesterday...that was nuts!
Old 09-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

that's good to hear. i went to the yorkdale apple store in the evening to try them out again. I'm really teetering on the edge here...can't decide whether or not to take the plunge as it is a not unsubstantial amount of money. I have 2 decide soon...i go back 2 U of T in a week or so and if i can't type up notes i'm up the Ganges without a bamboo ore, so to speak .

and for the record, the RX-8 is a drift machine...god i love that thing
Old 09-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trickydisco
...not rich, and don't wear size 13 sneakers, so it must be my charming personality!
Hey man, u did pretty damn good with just the charming personality! She got a sister?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:02 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trickydisco
Correction: its breakfast for two, and throw in one of those sparkling
berry drinks, and we're max'ing out at $ 3.85 ish. Also, I plan to
flash my membership card for the Rennlist discount.
Yeah... and now my daughters want to go to Ikea for breakfast too! Somehow I don't think they'll let me out of there without spending substantially more than for scrambled eggs!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:09 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

that's good to hear. i went to the yorkdale apple store in the evening to try them out again. I'm really teetering on the edge here...can't decide whether or not to take the plunge as it is a not unsubstantial amount of money. I have 2 decide soon...i go back 2 U of T in a week or so and if i can't type up notes i'm up the Ganges without a bamboo ore, so to speak .

and for the record, the RX-8 is a drift machine...god i love that thing
Just to help you out with any potential buyer remorse; these macs last forever. There are now 5 macs in the house (1 MacBook Pro 17", 1 PowerBook G4 15", 1 PowerBook G3, and 2 Emacs). The old G3 (6 years old! is now being used to control the Sony 500 disc CD changer and connects wirelessly to the web to download track names, album art, etc...whenever a new disc is added to the changer. You'll always find some use for them. Get the edu discount on a new 15" and 3 yr applecare and you'll be set.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ i think ur probably right..i'll just suck it up and bite the bullit so to speak. I think i'll skip the 15" pro though..i really like to be able 2 double click on stuff I shall make another trip to the U of T store on tuesday and try it out one last time.

But let me put my hesitation this way: If there were 1 or 2 important things that you miss from being able 2 use a PC, what are they?

The one thing that sorta ticked me off is that Quickbooks hasn't released a Premiere version of Quickbooks for Mac yet..so my store accounting files and inventory tracking/other fun stuff won't be able 2 transfer over from the PC.and i like to keep that kind of info with me everywhere i go.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:46 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Hey man, u did pretty damn good with just the charming personality! She got a sister?
LOL
She's a keeper, for sure...
Old 09-04-2006, 12:48 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Yeah... and now my daughters want to go to Ikea for breakfast too! Somehow I don't think they'll let me out of there without spending substantially more than for scrambled eggs!
At this time of the year, I think the morning breakfast is the ONLY
time to be there, as the crowds in the afternoons are mental.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

where? ikea? tell me about it man..all the people who r going back 2 res think ikea is the best place 2 buy stuff and it's rammed.

Quick Reply: GTG in the GTA 10am Saturday