Notices

Fire extinguisher mounts in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2023, 11:48 PM
batasrki
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Fire extinguisher mounts in Canada

As I prep for the next HPDE event at Mosport, I need to get a fire extinguisher mounted. I like the Rennline mounts, but Rennline doesn't seem to ship to Canada from their website. What other options should I look at? I found this Rennlist post. Would this be a viable option? The car is Boxster GTS 4.0 with the 18-way seats.

Thanks for any recommendations!
Old 06-13-2023, 11:59 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

batarski - Rennline does ship to Canada but their e-commerce platform sucks. I bought mine through Pelican Parts in California but there are other vendors.

Truth be told, as neat as the Rennline mount is, I should have just gotten a custom mount from Mantis in Oakville and call it a day. The mount is not visible and it serves one function - mount the extinguisher. Looks cool, but that's about it.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:03 AM
batasrki
Advanced

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
batarski - Rennline does ship to Canada but their e-commerce platform sucks. I bought mine through Pelican Parts in California but there are other vendors.

Truth be told, as neat as the Rennline mount is, I should have just gotten a custom mount from Mantis in Oakville and call it a day. The mount is not visible and it serves one function - mount the extinguisher. Looks cool, but that's about it.
Is the Mantis one removable? My wife is not going to like me very much if the extinguisher mount is permanently under her seat,
Old 06-14-2023, 12:09 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Yes, it is removable, much like the Rennline one. They all are, actually. You basically remove the two front seat bolts, loosen the rear bolts for some leverage, slide the mount in/out and do the reverse.

The Rennline mount for my Boxster worked but the angle to mount the seat back to get the perfect fit to screw in the seat bolts were kind of off. So it's like, "okay, it works, good enough and cool mount or ""oh damn, I legit did something wrong." Or..."Manufacturing could be better" type of situation.

One alternative is the Element extinguisher and their mount. Hides will, works (bit of a pain to install (annoying if anything) but once you get the hang of it, install/removal is simple. Some of the guys here said they don't like the Element extinguisher but it is PCA approved, so...pick your poison.
The following users liked this post:
batasrki (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 12:16 AM
batasrki
Advanced

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Yes, it is removable, much like the Rennline one. They all are, actually. You basically remove the two front seat bolts, loosen the rear bolts for some leverage, slide the mount in/out and do the reverse.

The Rennline mount for my Boxster worked but the angle to mount the seat back to get the perfect fit to screw in the seat bolts were kind of off. So it's like, "okay, it works, good enough and cool mount or ""oh damn, I legit did something wrong." Or..."Manufacturing could be better" type of situation.

One alternative is the Element extinguisher and their mount. Hides will, works (bit of a pain to install (annoying if anything) but once you get the hang of it, install/removal is simple. Some of the guys here said they don't like the Element extinguisher but it is PCA approved, so...pick your poison.
Ooh, I will look at the Element stuff. It's less bulky. Would love to know why it isn't liked.

Thanks @bcrdukes , this is helpful!
Old 06-14-2023, 12:31 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by batasrki
Ooh, I will look at the Element stuff. It's less bulky. Would love to know why it isn't liked.

Thanks @bcrdukes , this is helpful!
Some believe it won't extinguish a fire in the event it ever happens. Others claim it exploded in a student's car on track with the instructor inside. Other than that, I liked mine and should have kept it, but I got the Rennline mount and a proper extinguisher for the coolness factor. It didn't make me a better driver, that's for sure.

In the end, I repurposed the Element extinguisher and the mount into our daily driver. So far, so good. Wife is happy. No complaints.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:43 AM
reacp911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 227 Posts

I went the Element /Bracketeer route from Carbonio. It's not a perfect fit in my 718 w 2 way sports seats but it does work and comes out easily. No seat bolts need to be removed just the two plastic trim pieces at the front of the tracks. The manual front aft doesn't work w the extinguisher mounted
Old 06-14-2023, 04:13 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 756 Posts

Ordered other stuff from Rennline last night. Platform works just fine to ship to Canada, you get a quote before end of checkout as well. Have done so before too, no issues.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:38 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

I have a few extinguishers and mounts for 911 from Mantis willing to sell.
Old 06-16-2023, 11:55 AM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 167 Posts

there is a nice 911 one that fits in rear seatbelt holders on kijiji
Old 06-20-2023, 10:47 AM
Neb
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Ordered from Renn line a few times the duty is horrible. I would ship to cross border pickup instead.

I just sold my mantis mount and went to an element extinguisher, they are approved for most HPDE events

Quick Reply: Fire extinguisher mounts in Canada