Notices

Best Fuel for a new 992 Porsche Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 09:37 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
^ Not hard to read at all, when you look at the logs and see timing being retarded.

Chevron is garbage. No one around here uses it at all. My Coyote Mustang buddies swear by Shell 93. I have yet to try it.

i agree with this , the knock sensors pick pinging ( preignition) up very accurately and are able to retard timing to compensate. Any decent data logger you can track ignition timing angle.
Old 06-26-2023, 04:54 PM
eaks
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by repcapale
This is on a tuned car?

Find this hard to believe, especially that it is so difficult to accurately measure.
Yes this is on a tuned car. But even with my stock tune and doing the first logs with my tuner I found timing by pulled (it may have had additives in the fuel as it was approaching winter the first time I went through this). Every car is different and most likely not noticeable unless you are datalogging or using vbox or something to measure times. Again it is hard to say 100% because there are many factors (DA, weather, slopes, ect) but the logs I pulled over and over showed I had a lot less timing being pulled when using Petro 94 vs chevron 94.

Quick Reply: Best Fuel for a new 992 Porsche Carrera