Notices

Tons of 911’s for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 08:47 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
I was thinking the same... Most guys that buy a TTS or GT3 buy them outright or maybe finance a small portion of it 1/3.
Yeah they're paying "cash" with HELOC money or shareholder loans LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by LastMezger:
pongobaz (05-24-2023), ZIPN (05-28-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 10:24 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 651 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by LastMezger
Yeah they're paying "cash" with HELOC money or shareholder loans LOL
exactly.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:02 PM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 859 Likes on 453 Posts

Canadians households are fairly highly leveraged, so in a downturn prices will certainly fall, but only those with hard cash can avail of it. In the Porsche world I would expect to see some more attractive pricing.
Old 05-24-2023, 12:51 AM
mhenry84
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
I don’t think I have ever seen so many 911’s for sale on the autotrader website. Maybe a sign of some cooling in the market.
It is wild. Everytime I look up 992 gen and up the numbers increase. Even moreso seeing base units out there with an asking of almost 200K! and half the 992 units are 2022+ year models. For a time where allocations are supposedly scarce and air tight, that is quite a bit (135 units Nationally as I type this)
Curious where the dealers will eventually come down to. Right now most seem to be in the 30-60K over MSRP territory, depending on what the original build was. Even now I'm staring at a 385K GTS at Pfaff listing (American Edition??? lol.)

Originally Posted by appzman
I was speaking to my dealer last week, and he noted that the luxury tax caused the used car prices to mildly trend up (including those bought before the luxury tax was applied). While the tax isn't applied to used cars, it effectively created more equity for sellers or dealers holding onto used inventory.
Yep. Many of these probably were luxury exempted too, depending on initial order date. With them knowing what a new person would pay ie: MSRP+Lux tax, they can now ask at least that much on these pre-luxury tax vehicles. What is funny is when these ads on these "used" car listings say "NO LUX TAX!" "SAVE THE LUX TAX" when the asking price is WELL over the MSRP with LUX TAX anyway. Good times. Market is the market but still funny to watch. Love how many of these 992s have sub 3-5k mileage.

Last edited by mhenry84; 05-25-2023 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-24-2023, 02:54 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,400 Likes on 2,212 Posts

The “no lux tax’ ad on a car listed at 100k over msrp is my favourite. Will a used gt3 touring ever be less than msrp?
The following users liked this post:
mhenry84 (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 08:24 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by mhenry84
Even now I'm staring at an 385K GTS at Pfaff listing (American Edition? lol.)
I haven't seen the listing but I think you are referring to the limited run series. I think it was primarily a design effort, rather than anything performance related.

https://www.thecarmagazine.com/2022/...ing-to-canada/

Yep. Many of these probably were luxury exempted too, depending on initial order date. With them knowing what a new person would pay ie: MSRP+Lux tax, they can now ask at least that much on these pre-luxury tax vehicles. What is funny is when these ads on these "used" car listings say "NO LUX TAX!" "SAVE THE LUX TAX" when the asking price is WELL over the MSRP with LUX TAX anyway. Good times. Market is the market but still funny to watch. Love how many of these 992s have sub 3-5k mileage.
End of the day used cars are trading higher than MSRP due to availability of the new car. You can carve up the overage and allocate X to what would be lux tax and Y to dealer profit Z to seller profit, doesn't matter.

Some of these could be off the Porsche Drive fleet, I would imagine they turn those cars around with lower mileage. Treat them like the old 'demo' car. Also from Porsche Track Experience fleet.
mhenry84 (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 08:31 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Will a used gt3 touring ever be less than msrp?
For the end customer, doubtful in the near future. I would also wonder if it ever would when 911s start going hybrid and electric. The GT3 is truly a special car, that engine, handling plus all that we love about 911.

For owners trading to dealers, maybe in a couple years if the market settles completely. New 992.1 GT3 allocations are mostly done. Though 992.2 is on the near horizon. There will be 992.1 trades for those and the cycle continues. Will be interesting to see if Porsche reduces production numbers of the 992.2 GT3, I'm sure they always want to sell as many as possible. But maybe demand will be reduced over the next 18 months.

In early 2021 and prior these cars were being traded to dealers slightly below MSRP. Dealers would sell at MSRP or just above. Then as time went on the spread grew on both the buy and sell side.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:33 AM
mhenry84
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I haven't seen the listing but I think you are referring to the limited run series. I think it was primarily a design effort, rather than anything performance related.

https://www.thecarmagazine.com/2022/...ing-to-canada/

End of the day used cars are trading higher than MSRP due to availability of the new car. You can carve up the overage and allocate X to what would be lux tax and Y to dealer profit Z to seller profit, doesn't matter.

Some of these could be off the Porsche Drive fleet, I would imagine they turn those cars around with lower mileage. Treat them like the old 'demo' car. Also from Porsche Track Experience fleet.
Check this out. Didn't realize how limited it was ie 15 units for Canada. MSRP before options looks to have been 206k CAD or so.
http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-58494867

Fair point re Porsche Drive. Figured those would be held onto/driven longer. Especially if 2022s. I considered the service in the past (summer months) Will have to log into the app to see what 911 trims are even available.
​​​​

​​​​
Old 05-24-2023, 08:46 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Check this out. Didn't realize how limited it was ie 15 units for Canada. MSRP before options looks to have been 206k CAD or so.

Fair point re Porsche Drive. Figured those would be held onto/driven longer. Especially if 2022s. I considered the service in the past (summer months) Will have to log into the app to see what 911 trims are even available.
​​​​

​​​​
Didn't know it was that low either. It has a nice look to it but not worth the premium, to me anyway.

Porsche Drive comes at quite the premium, my guess is they turn the cars more frequently as the vehicle appearance needs to reflect the retail price of the service and the customer experience expected. Dealers can then presumably sell them faster with lower mileage.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:19 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 859 Likes on 453 Posts

The real hot car will be the ST.

Dealers have no clue when or if they will get allocations but the phones are ringing off the hook for them. I did not apply for this car but I expect it will have rave reviews.

On a slightly more common level I am picking up my 992RS on Saturday.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:37 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 536 Posts

I was checking new cars out on-line last night for my wife and was shocked to see incentives being offered by a number of brands. Audi has 4.98% financing or $2k off. Not a huge amount of $, but the first incentives I have seen in at least 2 years.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:41 AM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by RDMcG

Dealers have no clue when or if they will get allocations but the phones are ringing off the hook for them. I did not apply for this car but I expect it will have rave reviews.

Congrats Ronan - looking forward to seeing pics and reading your opinion on it. If you are a believer in weather forecasting the 7 day looks good for getting in some break-in mileage.

Old 05-24-2023, 09:48 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Yes it will. Rumour is GT3RS motor, manual only, lightweight bits, heritage design stuff. Early June reveal. Would be a gem to have.

Nice, only few days to go. Exciting!
Old 05-24-2023, 10:38 AM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts

​​​​

​​​​
Hey there's no luxury tax! What a bargain for a parts bin special car with some fancy paint!
mhenry84 (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 10:41 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

Anticipatory congratulations!

I am looking forward to your always excellent review and photos!
eyedoc (06-03-2023)

Quick Reply: Tons of 911’s for sale!