Notices

Autoshow

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 07:26 AM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 164 Posts

I hadn't been in 25 years.....Growing up, used to go every year with dad. Used to be at the International Centre. Decided to take my nefew and his cousin yesterday. Wow. So many people with these people taking selfies, had to fight to see the cars.

I realized why I stopped going. Except for the Porsche display and the Hotwheels section, wasn't particularly entertaining. I think the displays at a Porsche dealer are better.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:54 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Took my daughter yesterday. Crowds were insane, and stupid people standing in the middle of traffic flow. It's like shopping at costco

It was worth it for the 959, 904 and 917 alone. The 959 has been and always will be my holy grail, and the CGT is my daughter's favourite. It's cool to be standing next to a 918 and barely even notice it!

Agreed, Lucas's setup was hands down the best part of the show. Aside from the 959
Old 02-23-2023, 11:34 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

I went last night, during the storm of the century. I knew some manufacturers would be missing, But didn't actually look before hand. I was specifically going to look at the new atlas with a buddy. No VW. Drag.
What is a crime? Is the $26 + tax for an adult for half a show.
It would be wrong to buy your ticket online and accidently click on the 65+ $14.50 seniors ticket and get that QR code for half a show. https://www.tix123.com/tickets/?code=CANAUTO23
Old 02-23-2023, 01:02 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

I actually really enjoyed it when I went with my son (12) on Tuesday night. More than enough for us to spend 2hrs and we didn't wait to ride on the Jeep indoor off road thing that actually looked pretty wild.

I like the Hot Wheels cars, the Autostrada booth, Grand Touring brought some heavy hitters, Oblivion (with the vintage arcade), the Lego Lambo, the 75 years of Porsche was really nicely done and some of the booths were impressive...like VinFast but especially KIA's which was gorgeous.

I think you'll see half the brands that didn't show come back...probably Honda, VW and Ford for kinda sure. The "luxury" stuff less so as they're trying to find ROI on lead generation from a crowd that's just not enough of their core target.

Was it ideal for sitting in the back seat or third row of all the competitive SUV set? No, not enough brands.

Was it a nice way to spend a few hours with my son, absolutely.

Old 02-23-2023, 05:42 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

I have gone with my group of guys for years. Sometime up to six, Sometimes, just two. It's not about the show. It's about spending time with friends, or, as above, your kid.
My favorite game at the show. Guess the sticker price. New Chevy suburban ??? I called 100k, it was $105k.
The winner? Cadillac Escalade, Brembo's, captain chairs and full V package ........ $190k. crazy.
Old 02-24-2023, 12:01 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
I have gone with my group of guys for years. Sometime up to six, Sometimes, just two. It's not about the show. It's about spending time with friends, or, as above, your kid.
My favorite game at the show. Guess the sticker price. New Chevy suburban ??? I called 100k, it was $105k.
The winner? Cadillac Escalade, Brembo's, captain chairs and full V package ........ $190k. crazy.
100%! It's like going to dinner...doesn't really matter where so much as who you're with.

I saw the Caddy too...wow! I mean who drops $200K++ on a warmed over Tahoe!?!
Old 02-25-2023, 09:39 PM
george44
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I went in the evening on family day and had the cars to myself from around 8:30 onwards. Only displays that interest me were the Porsche cars and Exotics, one hour was plenty. Someone on this forum told me a number of years ago, go in the evening on family day, it's empty. I followed that advice to the letter and was never disappointed

Quick Reply: Autoshow