Notices

Report from Porsche Parade 2022 (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 10:59 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Great photos and write up.

The Red Carrera from Alaska is Mike's car. I had the pleasure to meet up with him in Anchorage a few years ago. Here are a few photos of his trip he took on the way to PA.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:58 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Stupid things that could be easily resolved does sour the experience but It is all good. I had fun and saw many people I hadn't seen in years and others I would be glad to see again.
I wouldn't sweat it although I don't think exhibitors/sponsors should compete with the rest.

At the end of the day, you have an incredible vehicle that looked it rolled off the assembly line.

I had a nice conversation with your wife who told me the former owner of the bad boys turbo was at the parade.

Old 06-17-2022, 12:43 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by RDMcG
Arrived yesterday to the event in Pocono PA. Very different from the Rare Shades gathering I posted about a few days ago. Much bigger and obviously not a specialized gathering.

However, there is plenty to see and do. Did the TSD rally today which is quite tough- probably finished in the top half but not by much.

There are plenty of really interesting cars though.

First of all, Porsche brought a number of cars:

The 60th anniversary 911:

It is a beautiful car. Too bad almost no one will be able to buy it.

Worldwide production is something like 1200, so the US may get 600-700, max, and the 918 VIPs will get nearly half of those, so.....
Old 06-17-2022, 09:00 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 817 Likes on 430 Posts

One final observation:
There were far fewer 356 era cars outside the Concours event and a drop in air-cooled cars as a percentage. Also , I saw a surprising number of Cayennes and Macans reflection the change of ownership preferences. Looking back just a few years these were rarely seen. I suspect that part of the change is the increasing value of the older cars compared to previously. Even some more recent models did not show up in great numbers. I did not notice any 997 RS models - when I brought one a few years ago there were lots of them
Old 06-17-2022, 09:58 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,204 Posts

The venue was huge with an African theme and lots of family focus. Some of the food was unlikely to have adult appeal.
IMO why anyone would go to Kalahari is beyond me. I understand the North East is tough. Finding a place with 1200 rooms available and a large enough field is near impossible for reasonable money. The room came with free passes to the waterpark and I looked and all I could see was urine and chlorine. The food was so egregiously overpriced it was insane. I live outside NYC and pricing was way beyond NYC pricing for basically salty tasteless food. I paid $65 for a piece of steak that was inedible. The banquet meals for Sunday and Tuesday was the same salt fest just called something different. I didn't see anyone overpaying for the confectionaries which looked like they have been there since March. I'd rather spend my money at Disney for what it cost there. I hate Disney but the options food and pricing are better all around. I did get my workout it was 1500 steps min no matter how you look at it. Poorly designed and laid out facility IMO. The best part is they wanted to borrow a vacuum cleaner to clean up the mess the kids made as a fun exercise and the hotel wanted $160 an hour to use it.

This has nothing to do with PCA as they did what they could to bring this to the East. My B-in-law told me he would be there with his family this weekend and I tried to tell him to cancel but it was too late.

I was wandering around the dealer while waiting, and to my great surprise I came across the 997 Sport Classic

that I had only seen once...at the factory:

Obviously the ancestor of the new car seen at Parade:

They had the 996 sport classic there as well.

This was interesting.

Originally Posted by GothingNC
Great photos and write up.

The Red Carrera from Alaska is Mike's car. I had the pleasure to meet up with him in Anchorage a few years ago. Here are a few photos of his trip he took on the way to PA.

he has been doing this forever. I think with all he spends on blue tape he could have done PPF a few times over. You have to give him credit he is at every Parade.

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
I wouldn't sweat it although I don't think exhibitors/sponsors should compete with the rest.

At the end of the day, you have an incredible vehicle that looked it rolled off the assembly line.

I had a nice conversation with your wife who told me the former owner of the bad boys turbo was at the parade.
Yes Mike the former owner of the Bad boys turbo was there for a few days. We had a chance to catch up, it has been a long time since I had seen him. I wish I wasn't so busy judging. I missed speaking to a lot of people that had asked if I was there or wanted more info on my car. Amazing how to this day so many long time Porsche owners have no idea the 94 turbo 3.6 existed. Everyone thought my wheels were aftermarket LOL. My friend Anthony was there with my wife and the car and everyone though he was me. I am blessed to have a wife that puts up with this BS. Although she is now the Zone 1 and regional secretary and my social co chair. We are putting on our 65th anniversary picnic next weekend. I expect more Porsche's attending then the Parade Concours.

My friend just sent me some photos of my car in place. I had only a short time to get it ready for Judging.

Around 6 Am. I had just enough time to get the water spots cleaned. I did get rave reviews from the lead Judge who said my car and exterior was as clean as any inside.

Some nice air cooled cars there. I judged preservation 964/993 and they were all inside and all very nice examples.

Beautiful RS and some very nice outlaws as well.

A friend getting ready for TSD rally.

I don't have any pics but My friend Dr Charles L had his orange outlaw there that is an amazing bit of work.

One final observation:
There were far fewer 356 era cars outside the Concours event and a drop in air-cooled cars as a percentage. Also , I saw a surprising number of Cayennes and Macans reflection the change of ownership preferences. Looking back just a few years these were rarely seen. I suspect that part of the change is the increasing value of the older cars compared to previously. Even some more recent models did not show up in great numbers. I did not notice any 997 RS models - when I brought one a few years ago there were lots of them
The rain did put a damper on everything. I know of a lot of no shows due to the weather. Although I think the inside/outside thing caused a lot of cars to be overlooked. There were some very nice 356's there including the silver 4 cam speedster I parked next to at the Bridge last year. The Radium Green was a gorgeous color.

The following users liked this post:
olegd (06-17-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 10:06 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,204 Posts

I should also post these as the new RS is amazing. I did not care for the wheels but I wouldn't say no to this. IMO better than all the Club coupes and America whatever's combined

The following users liked this post:
olegd (06-17-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 04:26 PM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 817 Likes on 430 Posts

It is a serious piece of kit. I have to wonder how the 992 RS is going to outstrip it. Clearly the aerodynamics of the 3RS are extreme and it is not pretty but I expect the package will be sensational

Quick Reply: Report from Porsche Parade 2022 (pics)