Notices

GTA carjackings

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 07:34 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 779 Posts

Oakville, Monday afternoon, 2020 Land Rover, no weapons used. Shopping plaza.
Old 06-03-2022, 08:47 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 195 Likes on 137 Posts

I guess I know I'm driving a POS daily driver when with all of this car jacking activity going on I leave it at the Via station parking lot in Oshawa for three days, while in Mtl this week, and nobody takes it :-)
Old 06-03-2022, 08:57 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 515 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by pfitzsim
I guess I know I'm driving a POS daily driver when with all of this car jacking activity going on I leave it at the Via station parking lot in Oshawa for three days, while in Mtl this week, and nobody takes it :-)
Nobody cares unless it's a GT Tree RS.
Old 06-03-2022, 09:24 PM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 902 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by ekam
Nobody cares unless it's a GT Tree RS.
I doubt if they are of much interest to professional thieves - Toyota, Hondas and just about any kind of SUV including expensive ones seems to be the hot button items and are very easy to shift. I have seen the inside of a shipping container bound for Nigeria from Montreal which had stolen-to --order Jeep Cherokees, suspended by their front wheels and stacked at an angle. Destination was Nigeria.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:31 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 356 Posts

The last sentence tells the story and is typical of thieves in general. We have a revolving door justice system and thieves have nearly free rein. This arrest follows a carkacking in Vaughan at gunpoint by a man and woman.

Prayer Osakpemwehuan, 18, a male from Toronto and Kafui Setsofiah, 19, a female from Mississauga, face multiple charges, including robbery with a firearm, unauthorized possession of a prohibited device or ammunition, careless storage, possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order, breach of probation and failure to comply.
Old 06-04-2022, 06:33 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by RDMcG
I doubt if they are of much interest to professional thieves - Toyota, Hondas and just about any kind of SUV including expensive ones seems to be the hot button items and are very easy to shift. I have seen the inside of a shipping container bound for Nigeria from Montreal which had stolen-to --order Jeep Cherokees, suspended by their front wheels and stacked at an angle. Destination was Nigeria.
one of my clients had his SRT-8 Jeep stolen 3 times from his house. It was recovered the first time when they found another Jeep that had been stolen via a private GPS. The next two times he managed to recover it in a few hours via a GPS device he bought off Amazon. He ended up selling it back to the dealer for a mark up
Old 06-04-2022, 06:34 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JimV8
The last sentence tells the story and is typical of thieves in general. We have a revolving door justice system and thieves have nearly free rein. This arrest follows a carkacking in Vaughan at gunpoint by a man and woman.

Prayer Osakpemwehuan, 18, a male from Toronto and Kafui Setsofiah, 19, a female from Mississauga, face multiple charges, including robbery with a firearm, unauthorized possession of a prohibited device or ammunition, careless storage, possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order, breach of probation and failure to comply.
Yep back on the streets. Rinse and repeat
Old 06-04-2022, 07:53 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 515 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
Yep back on the streets. Rinse and repeat
Robertson had accumulated 15 driving infractions in the two and a half years before the June 18, 2020 crash in Brampton that killed Karolina Ciasullo and her daughters Klara, Lilianna and Mila, who were between the ages of six and one.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...cing-1.6454661
Old 06-05-2022, 09:31 AM
Aluffman
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 56 Posts

One of neighbours has a widebody hellcat, hellcat charger and a srt Jeep sitting on a driveway, I'm amazed they haven't all been stolen yet.
Old 06-05-2022, 01:08 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 195 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Aluffman
One of neighbours has a widebody hellcat, hellcat charger and a srt Jeep sitting on a driveway, I'm amazed they haven't all been stolen yet.
Mafia?
Old 06-06-2022, 09:41 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Aluffman
Address? lol J/K

Quick Reply: GTA carjackings