Notices

Off topic - where to sell used watch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 11:24 AM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikster
I’ve had good success purchasing on Chrono24.

M
Thanks. I think that will be my next plan. The problem with Chrono24 is a) you can't list it for sale anywhere else and b) the 6.5% fee. But a small price to pay for access to an international market.

Originally Posted by fenixv8
I had trouble with the registration as well. I had to contact the forum owner for assistance.
I managed to figure it out, and I'm in now. It's a surprisingly active forum for something Canada-specific. More active than Timezone...

I also quickly learned that the price of my watch was not close to realistic, so it's been repriced. Apparently, Bell & Ross has not had the same kind of appreciation as Porsches over the past couple years!
Old 12-14-2021, 11:26 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Aluffman
Canada Watch Exchange group on Facebook is probably going to be the fastest way to move it. Lots of experienced buyers who won't waste your time.

Another good option:
https://canwatchco.ca/forum.php
+1 Canwatchco. Administrator/owner Bobby is very helpful..send him a text.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:47 PM
The Stig
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You can check out Watchcollecting.com. We are now taking Canadian consignments.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:58 AM
Mikster
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Aluffman
Canada Watch Exchange group on Facebook is probably going to be the fastest way to move it. Lots of experienced buyers who won't waste your time.

Another good option:
https://canwatchco.ca/forum.php
How come there are no posts on Canwatchco? Even the “read me first “ thread is blank.
M
Old 12-15-2021, 09:34 AM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

How come there are no posts on Canwatchco? Even the “read me first “ thread is blank.
M
I thought the same thing. It's completely private until you have an account. Then the threads show up.

Unfortunately, I need to wait 90 days before posting a for sale ad. But, frankly, it's good to have thorough rules for resale.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:44 AM
Mikster
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I hate that. Registering an account means I have to give away some personal information, and another login and passw to remember/document.
I like the ability to at least lurk a bit to see if the content suits my needs, the posters are respectful and legitimate, and that there is enough turnover in new posts to keep it current and relevant.

M
Old 12-15-2021, 11:02 AM
00Coupe
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Some police stations have dedicated areas for online purchases/meetups. I have seen it in Hamilton station, and thought it was a great idea.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:33 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

I hate that. Registering an account means I have to give away some personal information, and another login and passw to remember/document.
I like the ability to at least lurk a bit to see if the content suits my needs, the posters are respectful and legitimate, and that there is enough turnover in new posts to keep it current and relevant.

M
Canwatchco is great. It remembers your password. I check it out every couple of days and have purchased there before.
Old 12-18-2021, 10:14 PM
Aluffman
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Coupe
Some police stations have dedicated areas for online purchases/meetups. I have seen it in Hamilton station, and thought it was a great idea.
Not to sound paranoid but there have been some robberies taking place in police station parking lots. For something like a watch, there's not much fuss needed if you've got a $30 Rolex and the guy pulls a gun. You give him the watch, he takes off and you run inside to get inevitably grainy surveillance footage. Its better then nothing but can provide a false sense of security, those spots aren't being actively monitored.

Quick Reply: Off topic - where to sell used watch?