Received 581 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
..in a province filled with ********,.
Not acceptable.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:37 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Little different putting together one flyer lap vs 56 perfect laps. The best will usually always win.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:43 AM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 284 Likes on 193 Posts

As a regular user of "Lance's" go kart track, I'm very grateful. I've spoken to Lawrence at Ferrari weekends before I even knew who he was and found him quite pleasant. Never met the kid though.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:02 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike K.
Don't you think it is a bit much to call out all inhabitants for one . Lancy boy had 50 engines and two dynos for Karting. Daddy built him his own track.Frankie? Garaga? Prema?
You sound very bitter. Another frustrated wannabe F1 racer maybe? Yes his Dad has money. Yes he made his money. Yes he gave everything to his kid that he could. I do the same. What is wrong with that? The kid can drive and has been driving an F1 car for years. He put it on pole where the 7 times now champ could not do it. Where Super Max, could not do it.

What do you have to show for your self, besides hatred and vile venom out of jealousy?
The following 2 users liked this post by DJF1:
Burkey (11-16-2020), Torontoworker (11-17-2020)
Old 11-16-2020, 02:58 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Gotta give you the Bitter part. And have to bow to your vast knowledge about Lance. You win.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:16 PM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 263 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker
I’d root for Lance just because he’s a Canadian but his dad is the worst ******* in a province filled with ********, and I suspect the apple doesn’t fall far.

So who cares from where he comes from.

I'll agree with the Stroll part but to say Quebec is full of ******** as opposed to what, Ontario and other provinces being full of ******** too?

You must be a person with a very, very narrow minded view.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:16 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

You really don't have a clue. I watched Lancy boy Karting in the lower padock for years. I know his first teacher( a super guy that Lance does not even have the ***** to reply to) I raced against his father several times.. I can send you videos .

My son races karts and there are a couple of people that were involved with karting when Lance boy was buying and basically cheating his way up the ranks. There are stories flying around, first hand experience ones, that would make you think twice what Lance deserves or not. His father ruined an entire class of kart racing with this money. Pretty much anyone can be thought how to drive an F1 car if there is enough money. OK maybe not everyone but you get the point. Money can override talent. One of the stories is that Daddy Lance bought up all the 2 stroke cylinders at the beginning of the season, had them all measure, kept the best 3 or so, sent the next 10 to the scrapyard and returned the rest to the vendor to sell it to everyone else.

I was happy to see him on pole and was hoping he will be able to hang in there and prove everyone wrong but that didn't happen. He blamed the tires when they interviewed him and yet his team mate got second with the same equipment. I see this kind of behavior in karting all the time when the conditions are less than ideal. Drivers blaming the equipment and not themselves. Man up and take the blame. There is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Imo000; 11-16-2020 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:29 PM
Jet Jockey
Pro

You really don't have a clue. I watched Lancy boy Karting in the lower padock for years. I know his first teacher( a super guy that Lance does not even have the ***** to reply to) I raced against his father several times.. I can send you videos .

I totally agree with you.

Lance is at best is a second rate F1 driver and will always be at best a second driver in a top level F1 team.

At Williams or at RP, the other drivers in the same team with the same car usually beat him fair and square. I will say that lance has shown he is very good some of the time in tricky/slippery conditions.

Now this said Lance is certainly able to drive better than all of us here on this forum but he will never be a Prost, a Senna, a Max, a Lauda a Leclerc or a Hamilton... These drivers were/are exceptional drivers with extraordinary natural talents of the likes a Michael Jordan, a Lebron James in the NBA or a Wayne Gretzki or Mario Lemieux in hockey.

At the Turkish GP, although he was in the lead until he pitted, things fell apart after the pit stop because he could not switch the Inters "ON" like the other drivers.

If Vettel next year blows him out of the water on track, then the partners at Aston Martin will have to decide what actions to take in regards to their drivers.

Enough said.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:28 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Imo000
My son races karts and there are a couple of people that were involved with karting when Lance boy was buying and basically cheating his way up the ranks. There are stories flying around, first hand experience ones, that would make you think twice what Lance deserves or not. His father ruined an entire class of kart racing with this money. Pretty much anyone can be thought how to drive an F1 car if there is enough money. OK maybe not everyone but you get the point. Money can override talent. One of the stories is that Daddy Lance bought up all the 2 stroke cylinders at the beginning of the season, had them all measure, kept the best 3 or so, sent the next 10 to the scrapyard and returned the rest to the vendor to sell it to everyone else.

I was happy to see him on pole and was hoping he will be able to hang in there and prove everyone wrong but that didn't happen. He blamed the tires when they interviewed him and yet his team mate got second with the same equipment. I see this kind of behavior in karting all the time when the conditions are less than ideal. Drivers blaming the equipment and not themselves. Man up and take the blame. There is nothing wrong with that.
Never heard that exact story, though par for the course. Racing is about gaining an edge. cheating is not. Mercedes clone?
Old 11-16-2020, 06:58 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 138 Posts

Canada doing what it does best. ****ting on local talent.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:27 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gregster
Really Greg? We have had some really great talent. JF, Spenard etc. This is more of a sad story.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:02 AM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Originally Posted by Gregster

Not at all, just calling it the way I see it.

BTW, I never said he wasn't talented, just not as good as people think he is and again certainly not a top F1 driver.

Canada has produced some really good if not exceptional drivers in the past and I'm sure will produce more in the future... Here are a few Canadian drivers that made a mark in auto racing... Gilles Villeneuve, his son Jacques Villeneuve (he won the F1 Driver's Championship plus the Indy 500), Jean-Francois Dumoulin (24 hours of Daytona, twice), his brother Louis-Philippe, Richard Spénard, the unfortunate Greg Moore, Bruno Spengler (DTM for Mercedes and BMW).

I am sure that I am forgetting some other drivers that should be added to my list above and I apologize for it.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:41 AM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jet Jockey
Not at all, just calling it the way I see it.

BTW, I never said he wasn't talented, just not as good as people think he is and again certainly not a top F1 driver.

Canada has produced some really good if not exceptional drivers in the past and I'm sure will produce more in the future... Here are a few Canadian drivers that made a mark in auto racing... Gilles Villeneuve, his son Jacques Villeneuve (he won the F1 Driver's Championship plus the Indy 500), Jean-Francois Dumoulin (24 hours of Daytona, twice), his brother Louis-Philippe, Richard Spénard, the unfortunate Greg Moore, Bruno Spengler (DTM for Mercedes and BMW).

I am sure that I am forgetting some other drivers that should be added to my list above and I apologize for it.
I think you said what I just said. Ok , maybe you said it better!
Old 11-17-2020, 10:26 AM
Jet Jockey
Pro

I think you said what I just said. Ok , maybe you said it better!
Old 11-17-2020, 12:49 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

The bottom of the front wing was damaged on lap 30 or 31. The data and radio transmissions to and from the cockpit attest to an issue was noticed when Lance started to understeer and rooted his 1st set of intermediate tires. The team boxed him to put on another set of tires hoping it was just the tires and it didn't solve the issue. Autosport reported that an under-wing aero device (something called a 'strake') had broken off and lodged under the wing which interrupted the airflow and stalled the front wing. Data is showing he lost 40% download to the front wing. We saw this a race ago at Imola when someone picked up a piece of Seb's Ferrari and got stuck under the front wing and the same handling issues developed. These generation of cars are so touchy to this type of stuff now.

Quick Reply: Stroll Puts it on Pole