Notices

Intro and looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019 | 10:33 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

I was at a Chrysler dealership getting a paint quote (another story) and a mechanic comes in in a panic.
He says someone has to stay late because he just backed into a new Charger and the guy is coming the next day to pick it up.
You think they ever told him?
Old 06-10-2019 | 12:05 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by petee_c
Truth....

was in Halifax in Spring 2017.... saw the size of one of those car carrying ships.... massive, and the size of the parking lot where they store them while waiting for further transport... amazing... I wonder how much the draft of the ship changes between empty and full.
Hard to tell as they never move empty. Once Euro cars come off, they are loaded with NA cars going back to European market. Unload, load, sail, repeat. Everyone once in a while you see ones that have encountered rough seas and broke loose....pretty ugly. Must have been 8-10 Audi’s come in last winter that looked like demolition derby cars. Then there was the year they all froze in the ice in the park long lots....broken wheels, suspension, etc trying to get them free. As I remember there were a number of Porsches as well as others....some got written off as a result. Others repaired and off to unsuspecting consumers 🤫
Old 06-10-2019 | 05:52 PM
breljohn
Burning Brakes

Congrats on the new T!
Old 12-27-2019 | 01:44 AM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

If this was a used car then it would be not much of a big deal if the price was right .... Unfortunately as a new car technically this car is now "used" and due to it's 2nd title history (more importantly than the minor repaired damage) They better sweeten the deal to move this car to you. How many km's on the car presently ??

Example when I purchased my wife"s Model X the dealer sold my car before I could forward a deposit for it and then did it AGAIN on a second agreed car .... On my third attempt we were lucky to find a similar optioned out car in metallic charcoal grey rather than my preferred Black exterior, the only other issue was this one was recently put into service at another dealership as a demo with now 350km on it.

I ended up closing the deal and getting $1,000 off the new price and complete set of winter tires and rims for half price. ..... Food for thought ...

Quick Reply: Intro and looking for advice