Porto911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
It's like marrying a virgin then finding out she has chlamydia
Lol... too funny
Old 06-06-2019 | 04:40 PM
red996
Rennlist Member

To the OP. I would be interested in this car at a huge discount. Like 30%. Otherwise walk away.
Old 06-06-2019 | 04:54 PM
The Radium King
Racer

more like asking your friends at the stag party just before the wedding whether your fiancee could have chlamydia and still be a virgin.
Old 06-06-2019 | 05:15 PM
Christien
Race Car

Keep in mind too that the factory warranty is activated on the in-service date - the day it was first registered to the first owner, so if it was registered to someone 2 months ago, you've lost 2 months of warranty coverage.
Old 06-06-2019 | 05:59 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

And her name used to be Charlie.
Old 06-06-2019 | 08:49 PM
JasonKM
Racer

I agree with others. It is technically a used car. Does not matter it "wasn't driven off their lot" it was sold and titled/plated to someone else. Do you think the person who first bought that car got out of the deal at no cost? For sure they dealer charged him something to get out of the deal since they titled it.
While they disclosed it to you, the reality is they disclosed it after you gave them a deposit. They did a "bait & switch" on you as they knew all of this when they took your deposit.
Old 06-06-2019 | 10:01 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JasonKM
I agree with others. It is technically a used car. Does not matter it "wasn't driven off their lot" it was sold and titled/plated to someone else. Do you think the person who first bought that car got out of the deal at no cost? For sure they dealer charged him something to get out of the deal since they titled it.
While they disclosed it to you, the reality is they disclosed it after you gave them a deposit. They did a "bait & switch" on you as they knew all of this when they took your deposit.
This^^^^^^^^
Old 06-07-2019 | 06:16 PM
AKG
4th Gear

Originally Posted by theiceman
by the way if its red with some " very minor" front end damage , it may have left the property by about half a kilometer.
Its black
Old 06-07-2019 | 06:32 PM
991.2 GTS
Instructor

You’re in a position to possibly renegotiate a big discount and a CPO warranty that will give you 6 years unlimited Mileage if you still want the car. Let us know what you decide.
Old 06-07-2019 | 07:03 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JasonKM
This is the part that prob rubs me the wrong way the most.

The car might be just fine, but the behavior of the dealer raises red flags.
Old 06-08-2019 | 08:22 PM
AKG
4th Gear

Here's the update: dealer was very understanding and I was able to switch to a brand new Carrera T that arrived a few days ago. Still had all its wrappings, etc. Signed the docs (same discount as the black car) and the excitement is back. What an experience and one that has been in the making for a decade.
Old 06-08-2019 | 09:11 PM
Porto911
Instructor

Originally Posted by AKG
Here's the update: dealer was very understanding and I was able to switch to a brand new Carrera T that arrived a few days ago. Still had all its wrappings, etc. Signed the docs (same discount as the black car) and the excitement is back. What an experience and one that has been in the making for a decade.

Congratulations.., I’m glad all worked out for you at the end.
Old 06-09-2019 | 06:21 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Congrats AKG! I hate to be a party pooper to everyone, but all your "new" cars have been driven, but longshoremen in grungy coveralls at that, and many are subject to "minor" repairs as they come off the ship. Only cars that have full wraps are the GTs. If you think they come out of the factory in hermetically sealed bubbles and carried by angels to your dealer, I apologize for ruining the image
Old 06-09-2019 | 07:14 PM
Freakhead
Racer

Originally Posted by AKG
Glad to hear it. Wise choice & good on the dealer!

Looking forward to pictures.
Old 06-10-2019 | 09:49 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Originally Posted by JTT
Congrats AKG! I hate to be a party pooper to everyone, but all your "new" cars have been driven, but longshoremen in grungy coveralls at that, and many are subject to "minor" repairs as they come off the ship.
Truth....

was in Halifax in Spring 2017.... saw the size of one of those car carrying ships.... massive, and the size of the parking lot where they store them while waiting for further transport... amazing... I wonder how much the draft of the ship changes between empty and full.

Quick Reply: Intro and looking for advice