Shop to do Fister mod in GTA/905

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Vimmer
I just spoke to Matt at GT Exhaust in Pickering and he is the same price $550.00
Time to go to Guelph!
Old 09-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Vimmer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey...
I just got my 2001 996 Fister Mod done at GT Customs - Matt did a great job!
Wow what a difference...Best Mod I could have done...great sound 2" SS Pipe.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:06 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long did they take to do it? Was it $550 total?
Old 09-27-2017, 10:38 PM
Vimmer
Intermediate

It was in for the day...took it in night before so they could lube up the bolts.
The cost was $600 plus tax...They take the rear bumper off and did all the work. Certainly more expensive than other posts but once i heard the sound from my perspective it was worth it.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

It was in for the day...took it in night before so they could lube up the bolts.
The cost was $600 plus tax...They take the rear bumper off and did all the work. Certainly more expensive than other posts but once i heard the sound from my perspective it was worth it.
Almost $700?!?!? WOW!

And I thought $250 was a lot when my buddy had it done in Kitchener in SS but he took the mufflers off at home. 1 hour to take it off and another to put it back on, and this is all done on the ground without lifting the car.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:19 PM
Vimmer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Imo000
Almost $700?!?!? WOW!

And I thought $250 was a lot when my buddy had it done in Kitchener in SS but he took the mufflers off at home. 1 hour to take it off and another to put it back on, and this is all done on the ground without lifting the car.
I get it...I wish I was a great mechanic and could do all that work myself. In reality I could have taken the mufflers off but it would have taken me a heck of amount of time and effort! I did drive the car to work today and had a smile on my face the whole time...It was worth the money best investment I have made in the car...I should have done it earlier and Matt did a great job at GT Customs...

There will always be someone who will do the job better, cheaper but at the end of the day I am happy...Cheers
Old 09-29-2017, 05:30 PM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

There will always be someone who will do the job better, cheaper but at the end of the day I am happy...Cheers
Well said, that's really all that matters, enjoy!
Old 09-30-2017, 10:46 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

I get it...I wish I was a great mechanic and could do all that work myself. In reality I could have taken the mufflers off but it would have taken me a heck of amount of time and effort! I did drive the car to work today and had a smile on my face the whole time...It was worth the money best investment I have made in the car...I should have done it earlier and Matt did a great job at GT Customs...

You're tempting me with comments like this. But I think what I will do is go the sharkwerks xpipe route first because it may end up saving a few bucks and hopefully something I can do myself.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:48 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by SlntSam
You're tempting me with comments like this. But I think what I will do is go the sharkwerks xpipe route first because it may end up saving a few bucks and hopefully something I can do myself.
If you want to save a few $ there are better ways if you can diy a little
Old 10-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Vimmer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SlntSam
You are in Markham correct? I work in Markham around Hwy7 and Warden. The weather is nice this week I will be driving the vehicle you can hear it yourself and make the call. Cheers
Old 10-01-2017, 10:37 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

You are in Markham correct? I work in Markham around Hwy7 and Warden. The weather is nice this week I will be driving the vehicle you can hear it yourself and make the call. Cheers
Yup, and I work from home so I'm here all the time. I'm on your way home even! I'm in the 9th line / 7 area.

Just pulled the the trigger on quickjacks so probably won't mess with exhaust just yet, but hearing it would still be awesome!

I think I might still go xpipe first because it's reversible and seems easy to DIY. Sharkwerks should have theirs ready mid-month this month.

send me a PM!
Old 10-03-2017, 01:04 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 225 Posts

I work in that part of Markham and would love to hear your exhaust too, perhaps we can meet for a quick coffee after work this week, let me know. The old future shop parking lot next McDonald seems to be a good spot
Old 10-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 71 Posts

I just added Top Gear 200 cell cats to my Gundo mufflers, it sounds so sweet now. Very nice build quality and a bargain compared to the bigger name brands.
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:36 PM
Vimmer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lowbee
I work in that part of Markham and would love to hear your exhaust too, perhaps we can meet for a quick coffee after work this week, let me know. The old future shop parking lot next McDonald seems to be a good spot
I can do the 10th will meet in front of the old Future Shop at 4:30pm does that work...
Old 10-03-2017, 11:52 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 225 Posts

I can do the 10th will meet in front of the old Future Shop at 4:30pm does that work...
Too bad, I am away on Oct 10. Does Oct 11 @ 4:30p works ?

Quick Reply: Shop to do Fister mod in GTA/905