Shop to do Fister mod in GTA/905

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 04:06 PM
gsxr_fvr
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbee
Is that a 2" pipe ? Not too loud ?

I think so; but not too loud. Only gets angry in Sport Plus when RPM's are over 5k. But I also have a sharkwerks center muffler delete.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:40 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxr_fvr
I think so; but not too loud. Only gets angry in Sport Plus when RPM's are over 5k. But I also have a sharkwerks center muffler delete.
If you are coming out to the Markham evening meet this Wednesday night, I'd love to hear it in person....
Old 08-08-2017, 04:54 PM
gsxr_fvr
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

If you are coming out to the Markham evening meet this Wednesday night, I'd love to hear it in person....
Sorry never there.. but I sometimes go to the west end Saturday morning meets
Old 08-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Mike5070
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxr_fvr
I didn't do anything. I just drove there waited a bit and drove back smiling !!
Thanks! Good to know. Still considering the sharkwerks muffler delete. Never see them come up for sale in Canada. US dollar still too high.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:57 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When/Where is the Markham meet?
Old 08-08-2017, 07:31 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SlntSam
When/Where is the Markham meet?
Check out Porsche True North group on FB for location info, it's Aug 9 from 8pm to 9:30pm ++
Old 08-08-2017, 09:43 PM
SlntSam
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joined. Thank you!
Old 08-10-2017, 07:26 PM
danio
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I was there last night. had I known, I would have given you a rev or two.

I am in Markham, so feel free to reach out to me.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
Print some pictures of the mod and take it to a couple local independent muffler shops. Most can easily do it for cheap. If that fails, there is a shop in Guelph that did this for a 996 for less than $100.

I'm the one that had the Gundo hack done at the shop in Guelph. I took the mufflers to him and it was only 100 bucks. Car sounds awesome!
Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by docdrs
The fister and gundo are the same thing.
No they are NOT. The Gundo was developed by a shop in Calf years ago by people that were tired of the Porsche OEM electronic valve failing and liked the sound all the time. Gundo was the nik name of the guy that first started doing it about 10 years or more and it just stuck I guess for anyone that did the same curving pipe from the PSE port.

Fister has been around a lot longer than that - originally developed for 993's. Along came business from the 996 guy's and later models from people without PSE and wanting something even louder. He has developed all sorts of coatings for the whole cans from a chrome to satin like finish. Its really fine work but like others have said - shipping/customs are the killers.

I got the fister done at Tech Tune - out - mod'd - and back in inside of two hours. Can't recall the price but $300 rings a bell. Shops a bid grungy but its a muffler shop not Yorkville!

I *think* I have the 2" - certainly 1.75" or so the OPP on the 407 told me... (Although my invitation to look under the car and notice its all stock went in one ear and out the other when a BMW went past us doing a buck 180 or so and my 'excessive noise' was excused as he tore after the next fish)

If I had to do it over I would reduce the size (said no woman ever!) as I have to ***** foot around my street. On ramps and the back straight at CTMP are where its really good - anything above 4 grand when the cam changes and its high hoe silver, (except for unmarked units behind you on ramps of course...)

I would probably recommend 1.5"
Old 08-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Mark Henry
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
No they are NOT. The Gundo was developed by a shop in Calf years ago by people that were tired of the Porsche OEM electronic valve failing and liked the sound all the time. Gundo was the nik name of the guy that first started doing it about 10 years or more and it just stuck I guess for anyone that did the same curving pipe from the PSE port.

Fister has been around a lot longer than that - originally developed for 993's. Along came business from the 996 guy's and later models from people without PSE and wanting something even louder. He has developed all sorts of coatings for the whole cans from a chrome to satin like finish. Its really fine work but like others have said - shipping/customs are the killers.

I got the fister done at Tech Tune - out - mod'd - and back in inside of two hours. Can't recall the price but $300 rings a bell. Shops a bid grungy but its a muffler shop not Yorkville!

I *think* I have the 2" - certainly 1.75" or so the OPP on the 407 told me... (Although my invitation to look under the car and notice its all stock went in one ear and out the other when a BMW went past us doing a buck 180 or so and my 'excessive noise' was excused as he tore after the next fish)

If I had to do it over I would reduce the size (said no woman ever!) as I have to ***** foot around my street. On ramps and the back straight at CTMP are where its really good - anything above 4 grand when the cam changes and its high hoe silver, (except for unmarked units behind you on ramps of course...)

The hack adds no HP, just noise.
I've done 1-1/2", but I'd say 1" would even do the trick.

The $100 job above sounds like a good price but it's about all it's worth, the tube is mild steel MIG welded onto Stainless steel, on a system with cats it will rust out and fail, I give it 4-5 years max.
If you want it done proper stainless steel tube TIG welded with stainless steel rod would be the correct method.

Porsche systems are a mix of 304 and 409 stainless steel.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

4-5 years IF the car is driven in the winter. If not, it will last the life of the car. The factory welds look like MIG too so there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:39 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Driving around Markham/Stouffville today and saw a big sign that say "custom exhaust" next to a repair shop called Mario's auto repair on Hwy48 south of Stouffville road, might want to check him out.... Google has good reviews and FB has some custom exhaust pictures. Full disclosure - Not affiliated

Last edited by lowbee; 08-13-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:31 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Is that a 2" pipe ? Not too loud ?
I have 2" on my car and it's not too loud. It's only loud when you are heavy on the throttle... otherwise it's very normal.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:35 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker

So you're saying Gundo is opening up the third hole on the muffler and connecting it to the outlet pipe of the muffler? While Fister is creating a bypass directly between the incoming and outgoing pipes of the muffler?

Quick Reply: Shop to do Fister mod in GTA/905