Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Hydration System

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 03:58 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I've got the Longacre bottle, it's pretty simple. I added a Camelbak bite valve because it's smaller and works better, also added the Coolsuit style quick release on the helmet. I haven't used it much lately but it's nice to have, especially in an enduro or if you have to sit on the grid for a long time before the race.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:06 PM
Fumes
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

what was total cost parts and installation?

Old 04-24-2018, 08:39 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
It's been awhile, but I'm 99% sure it was these ones. Double check the diameter on the Stilo
https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/124/244/=1cjwov0
https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/124/245/=1cjwp91
Awesome. Thanks
Old 04-25-2018, 01:25 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

great system. I have it too and love it
Old 04-25-2018, 10:19 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,285 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I'm curious - what length race are you guys running? Maximum I am in the car at a time is an hour enduro as there is no pit stop. For a 1.5 hour enduro there is a pit stop half way through and I drink down a bottle of water.

I tend to start pounding bottles of the water early in the morning and just keep going. For my time period spent in the car I never found the need for a drink bottle.

Are you guys going longer or just like to drink while driving?
Old 04-25-2018, 11:17 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I typically drive 2 hours for WRL and go through the entire 1/3 gallon bottle. For 1 hour or less race I don't think I'd bother with hydration unless it was really hot outside.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:18 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
Way cheaper to just make your own. I grabbed an RTIC bottle, and bought the quick release parts from Mcmaster Carr. I think I'm $40 all in for a insulated RTIC bottle (Think same as Yeti for much less). I then just 3D printed a mount for the car. Plugs right into my Stilo helmet.
How much was it to 3D print the bracket?
Old 04-25-2018, 01:41 PM
dogger15
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fumes
what was total cost parts and installation?

I just found the invoice from last year. 895 GBP + 65 GBP for shipping. Don't know what that converts to in USD now since the exchange rate was much better a year ago. The kit comes with everything you need to install including parts to plumb three helmets. You can also have Progressive fab up a custom mounting bracket if you know where you want to put it before ordering. I didn't so Autometrics had to fabricate a bracket to mount it on the floor. I had one unused button left on my steering wheel, so they made that the "drink" button.

FWIW, I didn't post the info on this system as a low cost entry; This kit is just the opposite. I posted this for the folks that were looking for a reliable, turn key system with a warranty. One of the things I have been confronted with as a newby, is the cost per hour of tracking my car. With that in mind, the last thing I want or need is to be fooling around with any experimental devices that could possibly detract or destract from making each session as productive as possible.

If somebody could reproduce a version of this system in plastic with a 3D printer, that would be the best of both worlds (cost and function).
Old 04-25-2018, 03:15 PM
Fumes
Racer

fair enough, but to me spending literally over a thousand bucks on it seems nuts.

this solution...

https://www.ogracing.com/longacre-wa...le-and-mount-2

...is turn-key, no 3d printing needed, not gonna cost you any runtime, anyone can install, and completely reliable. i velcro the bite valve within easy reach and sip TPC cocktail on the straights all enduro long....for grand total of $58 and 3 zipties
Old 04-25-2018, 03:55 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,285 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Fumes
fair enough, but to me spending literally over a thousand bucks on it seems nuts.

this solution...

https://www.ogracing.com/longacre-wa...le-and-mount-2

...is turn-key, no 3d printing needed, not gonna cost you any runtime, anyone can install, and completely reliable. i velcro the bite valve within easy reach and sip TPC cocktail on the straights all enduro long....for grand total of $58 and 3 zipties
I had this mounted in my car when I first started racing. The only downside is we mounted to my roll bar right where I get into the car and the cage tore a small hole in the *** of my racesuit when it was one day old. If you see me walking around, and you are looking at my *** (you know you are), that is from the water bottle cage.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:40 PM
Fumes
Racer

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I had this mounted in my car when I first started racing. The only downside is we mounted to my roll bar right where I get into the car and the cage tore a small hole in the *** of my racesuit when it was one day old. If you see me walking around, and you are looking at my *** (you know you are), that is from the water bottle cage.
I mounted to the cage on passenger side....well clear of my ***...but easy to refill from pass side window during stops
Old 11-08-2018, 03:21 PM
LiquidAider
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Push button wireless hydration

Guys look at www.liquidaider.com after you read this.

The website is a place holder (with some outdated info) that will be built up in Jan or Feb. We will hit production in March, and hit IndieGoGo in Jan/Feb. Set a calendar reminder and check back at the site for the redesign and dates of launch.

Our patented product is a wireless push-button hydration kit that integrates with any hydration bladder having a quick connect for the tube. You can also take our pump and integrate it with an igloo or whatever.

You remove your tube, plug in our pump and tubes and helmet nozzle.

The button mounts anywhere you can reach it and has no wires.

The features include:
  • Wireless. Over 4 trillion unique pairing combinations ensures no cross talk.
  • Electronics are encased in the button and the pump.
  • Pump is about 1.5" x 2.5" x .75" and lightweight.
  • Button is 10mm thin and designed to mount on a motorcycle handlebar, but could work on some part of your cage or simply mount it sideways on the steering wheel spoke.
  • Operation modes: Momentary (press and it squirts), 2 second, 3 second, 4 second burst whereby a simple quick press of the button results in 2, 3, or 4 second burst of water.
  • Pumps 1 liter / minute.
  • Button battery is a CR2032 coin cell and will last about a year.
  • Pump rechargeable battery is being considered now and our options are Li-ion, Li-PO, CR123A. They all weigh about 60g - 84g. We do have a Li-ion batteries that we've been using and weighs 5.2oz (184g). It has longer life and lasts about a week of all-day use.
  • The button gives low battery indication (25% capacity remaining) for both batteries.
  • Waterproof.
  • Custom, adjustable, low profile nozzle inside front of helmet. No tube in your mouth or against your lips. Adjusts with one finger.
  • Pair one button to any number of pumps. This is a feature perhaps mostly for team dirt motorcycle races (Baja 1000, Dakar, etc).
  • FCC and Canadian IC certified. CE certification will happen mid-year 2019.
  • MSRP will be about $150.
The button was designed to meet the requirements of extreme moto enduro racers and other first bike races. However in addition to top enduro and desert racers testing it, we have a 'famous' class 11 baja team and one of the top Pro UTV teams using it. It might work for you as is, or you can wait for the redesign (of the button) that will integrate with race steering wheels like Momo, etc. It has been used in the Baja 1000, Mint 400, and other major races. Until we redesign the button (same electronics, different form factor), we have turned down major Trophy Truck teams and others - but the need it there.

There is no better solution and the price is great.

I found this site while surfing and might not be back until we start marketing and announce our IndieGoGo / Kickstarter campaign. So please visit the website and check it in January for updates. As I said the website sucks now but is just a placeholder. But you can also use it to reach out to me if you want.

Thanks all. I hope I have broken any posting rules, but hydration is important and wanted to alert you of what is coming.

Matt Steele
Old 11-08-2018, 09:30 PM
996SPECticle
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone know how much pressure a bite valve can hold back?
Old 01-04-2020, 07:52 PM
Mike Elkington
2nd Gear

Default Hydration System

Have you guys seen the Rampage Hydration System?
it's similar to progressive but cheaper and better in every way.
weve been using them in Carrera Cup and Australian GT racing for a couple of years and found them to be best.
You can find them here.
https://rampage.store/collections/en...-drink-systems
Old 06-14-2021, 12:33 PM
madmaxx
1st Gear

Originally Posted by zip465
Speaking of 3D printed hydration systems... This is the one that I've designed and will be testing out shortly. Unit is printed on our SLS machine in nylon and uses standard SIGG 1 liter bottles. Standard roll bar mount can be swapped out to a custom fitted unit or bulkhead mounting. Push to drink button can be mounted where desired.
Hi Chris,

I know this is an old post, but do you happen to have the 3D file for this hydration system you've designed and more info on the parts used in the system?
This is the exact system I am needing.
Thanks!!
Dave

Quick Reply: Driver Hydration System