Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJMP Lightning: Oct 7-8 Any instructors here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 08:54 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
That is exactly what happened to me.
Still trying to figure out how to get my video uploaded.
Your lap looked really fast.

I think I saw your boxster,
I am a long way from that level of driving.
I remember now, was Sebastiano your instructor? I was dropping him off after he went out with me for a session, I think it was right in front of you
Old 10-10-2016, 10:45 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
I remember now, was Sebastiano your instructor? I was dropping him off after he went out with me for a session, I think it was right in front of you
Paul Devany
Old 10-10-2016, 11:46 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Paul Devany
Oh Paul. He's a great guy, also has a spec boxster.

Will you be going to Summit Point on 11/4-5?
Old 10-10-2016, 03:59 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Yes, very expierenced
Old 10-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Hey David, I definitely remember your car!! Beautiful!! Jeff, I am trying to remember 988, do you have a pic of the car from outside? Friday was a great day! I have only been on Lightning 3 times now so need to work on reducing coasting and to Jeff's point being able to unwind quicker through 5 but once I cleared traffic I did manage to pull a 1:14.03 I think a good driver could pull another couple of seconds out of my car easily... This was my hot lap, I have my full session uploading now... Funny thing is a year ago I was out on this track in a Macan for my 2nd trackday ever, needless to say, a lot has happened in a year!!!

Old 10-10-2016, 08:35 PM
jlanka
Drifting

I think you might have gone out with Blue Yellow once I remember following you (or trying to)

Here I am in August at WGI:
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

I think you might have gone out with Blue Yellow once I remember following you (or trying to)

Here I am in August at WGI:
Now I remember the car! Funny how that works lol. I did indeed go out Blue/Yellow the first run. I haven't run with Metro a lot so they went off the fact I have only been doing this for a year combined with the last time I ran with them which was Yellow at WGI and put me in Blue. After the first session they gave me a checkride and bumped me up.

I am fortunate enough and very very grateful to have had a lot of seat time, some great mentor-ship, advice and professional instruction this year... This was my track vehicle this time last year LOL!! Before you laugh it ran a 1:39 on Thunderbolt!
Old 10-10-2016, 09:34 PM
jlanka
Drifting

I hear the macan performs very well on the track. I really like the Boxster what are the specs?
Old 10-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

I hear the macan performs very well on the track. I really like the Boxster what are the specs?
Thanks Jeff! I know the purists hate the Macan but personally I am so grateful for it because it was my gateway drug to a now full blown Porsche and track addiction!! I also tell people all the time it is the best all around vehicle on the road. Not to many other things that can go out and run 1:39's on Thunderbolt, stop 4000+ pounds lap after lap on stock brakes without ever fading then turn around and tow the Boxster to the track a year later... People can say what they want but it is still every bit Porsche engineered. Launch control and hitting 60 in 4.8 in a crossover is fun too

The Boxster has been a WIP since the day I bought it. The plan was to build it for I class (would be G but PDK) but now I am questioning that... It is the stock 09 S 3.4 Motor, no swap but a lot of bolt-ons.
Powerplant is:
Fabspeed Catless Race headers, Fabspeed Tracktec valved exhaust, Fabspeed ECU Pro-Tune, IPD Competition Plenum, GT2 88mm TB, V Flow Air Filter, BodyMotion PDK cooler.

Brakes/Suspension/Wheels:
GT3 Master Cylinder, SRF, GT3 Brake ducts, Bilstein PSS 9 Coilovers, Pagid RS 29 yellow all the way around, Tarett adjustable droplinks, TPC adjustable rear sway, GT3 adjustable front sway

Then the rest is GT3 seats, Paddle whifter wheel, Schroth Harnesses, pulled the stock top, fit the hardtop, OZ wheels, Hankook Ventus tires, cool suit, AJ Hartman Aero diveplanes countered with a duckbill and of course the Livery. Plus whatever I am totally forgetting right now. And nope, don't work for Grey Goose or affiliated with them in any way, just a big big fan

The plan was always to go Cayman but I absolutely stole the Boxster at such a good price I couldn't help myself...

Thanks again!

BTW, here is my first session in Black First time with extending passing, first time passing in the corners and 3rd time on this track so I was definitely very nervous early but then managed to settle in. Still a LOT to work on but for being pretty darn intimidated I will take it

Last edited by Paul Solk; 10-10-2016 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Added video
Old 10-10-2016, 11:00 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
Thanks Jeff! I know the purists hate the Macan but personally I am so grateful for it because it was my gateway drug to a now full blown Porsche and track addiction!! I also tell people all the time it is the best all around vehicle on the road. Not to many other things that can go out and run 1:39's on Thunderbolt, stop 4000+ pounds lap after lap on stock brakes without ever fading then turn around and tow the Boxster to the track a year later... People can say what they want but it is still every bit Porsche engineered. Launch control and hitting 60 in 4.8 in a crossover is fun too

The Boxster has been a WIP since the day I bought it. The plan was to build it for I class (would be G but PDK) but now I am questioning that... It is the stock 09 S 3.4 Motor, no swap but a lot of bolt-ons.
Powerplant is:
Fabspeed Catless Race headers, Fabspeed Tracktec valved exhaust, Fabspeed ECU Pro-Tune, IPD Competition Plenum, GT2 88mm TB, V Flow Air Filter, BodyMotion PDK cooler.

Brakes/Suspension/Wheels:
GT3 Master Cylinder, SRF, GT3 Brake ducts, Bilstein PSS 9 Coilovers, Pagid RS 29 yellow all the way around, Tarett adjustable droplinks, TPC adjustable rear sway, GT3 adjustable front sway

Then the rest is GT3 seats, Paddle whifter wheel, Schroth Harnesses, pulled the stock top, fit the hardtop, OZ wheels, Hankook Ventus tires, cool suit, AJ Hartman Aero diveplanes countered with a duckbill and of course the Livery. Plus whatever I am totally forgetting right now. And nope, don't work for Grey Goose or affiliated with them in any way, just a big big fan

The plan was always to go Cayman but I absolutely stole the Boxster at such a good price I couldn't help myself...

Thanks again!

BTW, here is my first session in Black First time with extending passing, first time passing in the corners and 3rd time on this track so I was definitely very nervous early but then managed to settle in. Still a LOT to work on but for being pretty darn intimidated I will take it

Impressive machine, and I really like the graphics. My graphics are just stickers I've pasted on over the past year... lame in comparison.

Nice piece of driving right there. Hope to catch up with you at a track in the future.

Jeff
Old 10-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Impressive machine, and I really like the graphics. My graphics are just stickers I've pasted on over the past year... lame in comparison.

Nice piece of driving right there. Hope to catch up with you at a track in the future.

Jeff
Ty sir!! Mine are what happen when you sit around after too many shots with a Grey Goose bottle on the table and decide the bottle would look great plastered all over your car! The best ideas always happen when you are drunk, in the shower or on the crapper right

Hope to meet up soon, I am doing the last two Schattenbaum events Thursday/Friday and then early November...
Thanks again Jeff
Old 10-11-2016, 03:33 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
Ty sir!! Mine are what happen when you sit around after too many shots with a Grey Goose bottle on the table and decide the bottle would look great plastered all over your car! The best ideas always happen when you are drunk, in the shower or on the crapper right

Hope to meet up soon, I am doing the last two Schattenbaum events Thursday/Friday and then early November...
Thanks again Jeff
Your Gray goose graphics are really nice.
When I saw your car, I thought you were a moonshiner gone legal w/ GG

Quick Reply: NJMP Lightning: Oct 7-8 Any instructors here?