Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Ceramics - Who's refurbished them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 03:39 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Carbon Ceramics - Who's refurbished them?

I've got the PCCB's on my GT3 and trying to decide if it makes sense to replace them now with Girodisc's, which will be heavier and cost approx $4k with pads....OR....just continue to run my PCCB's and have them refurbished when they wear out (http://www.sicom-europe.com/)

From what I've learned, the cost to refurbish would be about $4k for all 4 corners.

I'm leaning towards refurbishment so I can keep the benefits of carbon ceramic.

But, I'm not well versed on refurbished CC rotors. So, I'm looking to hear from folks who've done it and have experience with them.
Do they perform just as well after being refurbished?
Old 07-07-2016, 01:24 AM
carmanhunt
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not aware of any place that can refurbish them and their quite expensive at the parts counter. I have a pair of front PCCB rotors for sale on ebay. Listing #222179051222 They are in like new condition and much cheaper. I purchased them as spares to swap out for street driving when not at the track on my Turbo S but I no longer have the car and just need to get rid of them.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:12 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Careful, Porsche changed the pccb from gt3 to turbo, as well as from 997.1 to 997.2
Old 10-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Biovox
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my 996 Turbo S front PCCBs refurbished by Sicom (now reBrake) earlier this year. So far no complaints about the product itself, cannot tell it apart from originals. Refurbished discs are slightly thinner (32mm vs. 34mm) but evidently the friction material offers much higher performance than the original Porsche compounds so not as much is needed - time will tell I guess. Running with standard Porsche pads. Only downside has been the disappointing customer service - I'm still waiting for my deposit to be returned after sending my discs in, must be 2 months now with no communications. There's a long thread on one of the Ferrari forums too that you might want to read through - similar experience. Again, product itself is good, service shoddy:

Original disc 34mm

Refurbished disc 32mm

Hope this helps
Bio

Quick Reply: Carbon Ceramics - Who's refurbished them?