Sponsored by:

Barber Video/Data

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 06:29 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Barber Video/Data

Does anyone have any video or links to video with data overlay for Barber. Im looking for race/cup car pace. Preferably post resurfacing.

Im underdriving some areas substantially, want to see some entry/exit speeds and 10/11 technique.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:23 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Underdriving? I saw your lap times from the last event there, and they seemed outstanding. I'm going there for a chin event next month and wouldn't mind seeing your videos
Old 08-07-2016, 01:00 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by fbirch
Underdriving? I saw your lap times from the last event there, and they seemed outstanding. I'm going there for a chin event next month and wouldn't mind seeing your videos
Yeah. Im braking too early, in 1 and 7, coasting all the way through 10/11 not sure if correct gear in 14. What ever Im doing I still do fast and my car is fast, but I can feel Im not doing it right. I see the pro guys staying pretty much flat and braking right before apex at 10. I know Im losing a lot there. Car should be 1:29's.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:29 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I feel the same way Dez. I'm leaving time all over the place. Especially the back half.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:45 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Dez Nice to know you're still around buddy..I miss your post!
Old 08-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Have you tried PM'ing Corey Fergus? I believe he's a RennLister.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Dez, I may have some in car video of me in a GT1 type car a few years ago. Let me see if I can find it

EDIT: Stellar time, but you're late to throttle in 1...and you may want to not downshift in 7, instead brake, turn in and briefly use WOT and then downshift when you brake again for 7a. And yeah you're coasting in the 10 complex. So there is time on the table for you.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Dez, I may have some in car video of me in a GT1 type car a few years ago. Let me see if I can find it

EDIT: Stellar time, but you're late to throttle in 1...and you may want to not downshift in 7, instead brake, turn in and briefly use WOT and then downshift when you brake again for 7a. And yeah you're coasting in the 10 complex. So there is time on the table for you.
Hey Dave - If you lift for T9/10 aren't you inherent "coasting" - neither braking nor on throttle? Are you saying don't lift or lift less?

What about T11/12- brake, early apex, downshift, straight shoot 13?
Old 08-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

You have to lift for 9 in a fast car but it's important IMO to get back to power soon to settle the car on the 9 apex and squat it over 10 to launch out down that back straight.

Regarding 11/12, IMO this somewhat depends on the car. If the car uses the Barber curbs well, and most do because they are so benign, yeah, relatively soft brake and all over the 11 apex curbing. Gearing will depend on the car IMO. The up and over 12, doing the rotating early so as to have ideally zero steering angle at the crest at track out (to me this is critical, getting the car stable as early as possible), and then hard down straight across 13...
Old 08-07-2016, 05:13 PM
wanna911
Race Car

A video would be great.

Yeah, I feel mostly off in 1 starting with my brake initiation and release points. Having to turn in there before seeing the apex is tricky. I should be around 90 minimum through there. The car is yawning at me.

Turn 7 im braking too early slowing everything else up.

Turn 10 just feels wrong and Ive lost time there to competitors before but couldnt figure out why until recently.

Dave (Richardson) id like to see your video/data. Our proximity in times with my hp advantage means theres def. something i can get from seeing it.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:47 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Yeah. Im braking too early, in 1 and 7, coasting all the way through 10/11 not sure if correct gear in 14. What ever Im doing I still do fast and my car is fast, but I can feel Im not doing it right. I see the pro guys staying pretty much flat and braking right before apex at 10. I know Im losing a lot there. Car should be 1:29's.

https://youtu.be/7qDGNtC_wcA
Awesome video; thanks for posting. Your car is a rocket ship
Old 08-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
A video would be great.

Yeah, I feel mostly off in 1 starting with my brake initiation and release points. Having to turn in there before seeing the apex is tricky. I should be around 90 minimum through there. The car is yawning at me.

Turn 7 im braking too early slowing everything else up.

Turn 10 just feels wrong and Ive lost time there to competitors before but couldnt figure out why until recently.

Dave (Richardson) id like to see your video/data. Our proximity in times with my hp advantage means theres def. something i can get from seeing it.
Sure Dez. So wait what- you want to see mine so you can go a second slower? I'm normally in the low 32's but best I could do last w/e in the heat was 33 flat. I'll look for a 32 if you what it but we both really want one from someone who knows what they are doing.

I really like Barber but driving such a technical track once a year for an hr is frustrating.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:47 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Dez, have you seen this?

Old 08-07-2016, 11:25 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Ritter v4.0
Sure Dez. So wait what- you want to see mine so you can go a second slower? I'm normally in the low 32's but best I could do last w/e in the heat was 33 flat. I'll look for a 32 if you what it but we both really want one from someone who knows what they are doing.

I really like Barber but driving such a technical track once a year for an hr is frustrating.
I study laps up to 4 seconds in either direction. I may be able to pick up a tenth from any single corner. You would be surprised how cars that may be significantly slower on a lap can show you where you are underdriving your car. And thats not even counting a car/driver as fast as you. Im 5,6,7 mph up on you on some straights there which means you are certainly faster somewhere other than straights. I will find where that is and use it to improve my driving.

Last edited by wanna911; 08-07-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:27 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Yeah, I have dissected that one. Was hoping to see something exactly like that with data for corner speeds. But the time deltas in some areas (notably the ones mentioned) have shown me a lot.

Quick Reply: Barber Video/Data