Sponsored by:

No more online streaming of IMSA races?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts

So I'm airplaying it from my iPad to my AppleTV. Looks pretty good.

I really like the radiolemans guys. they are just really really good at the commentary

Fk this. The app is so unstable. It crashes at least once an hour.

Last edited by Streak; 03-19-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:30 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Man I would hate to be a kid playin on your lawn in your neighborhood when your old.......like tomorrow
Old 03-19-2016, 11:51 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Every facebook status update made by IMSA today has been lit up by fans tearing into them for their arrangement with Fox Sports. Lots of pissed off folks.

https://m.facebook.com/IMSA/
Old 03-19-2016, 11:51 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Phew! That was an exciting finish!
Old 03-20-2016, 12:08 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Man, what a finish. Pipo is masterful! Congrats to Jeff Segal and his team, Ashley Freiberg and her team as well as AJR. Great racing.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-20-2016, 09:26 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vandit
Every facebook status update made by IMSA today has been lit up by fans tearing into them for their arrangement with Fox Sports. Lots of pissed off folks.

https://m.facebook.com/IMSA/
I hope they are listening. I'm lucky because I do have FS2 but I can image the outrage if I spent 11 hours 20 minutes watching a race then couldn't see the finish. It was frustrating enough restarting the app every 20 minutes or so.

Still not sure why the feed worked. They were pretty clear about blocking it inside the US. Seems they can't get that right either.

From their FB page "the IMSA.tv stream is only available for the full race outside of the U.S. FOX Sports GO is the exclusive live stream provider. FS1 Authentication gets the whole race."

And the commercials in the last 20 minutes were just egregious.

I paid the subscription to watch WEC online and I hesitate to say that might be the way to go here. As long as it's reasonable. And the app works. Like $20. Airplay from my ipad to the appletv to watch on the big screen actually worked really well except for the crashing. And the radiolemans commentary is much much better. I like our crew but the little factoids and the information the RLM guys give you about everything that's happening on track is head and shoulders above the regular broadcast crew. They mostly only talk about what's on screen and rarely update you on the other classes. RLM seems to do a ton of research on every car, team and driver and it shows.

I will say I am happy to see the LMP2 car win. Again DP's are stupid junk.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

I had no issues all day, just get a VPN and watch from abroad, cheap easy workaround.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Or I could just watch our American racing series on the gdamn television like every other gdamn sport they put on the air.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:51 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Or I could just watch our American racing series on the gdamn television like every other gdamn sport they put on the air.
Agreed.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:51 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
If anyone tries this, please post the results. I dropped cable TV last year, nothing but internet for me.
It worked for me. The feed dropped every now and then, but I'm not sure if that's IMSA, the VPN, or me. Likely me because I noticed once I logged into the router and kicked my wife and son's iPhones off the wi-fi, the feed stayed up. I think between the HD stream coming down from IMSA.tv (on my Wi-Fi), plus then streaming HD BACK to my TV via AppleTV (also on the Wi-Fi), plus wife and son both futzing on the internet (and son burning through YouTube) I ran out of bandwidth in the house.

The IMSA Radio guys are SO much better at announcing the race.

If IMSA offered a paid service to stream that feed, I'd pay it. Hell I coughed up the $6 for one month on PrivateInternetAccess.com so I could stream it.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:09 AM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

In case you missed out, like I did for most of the race, IMSA has already uploaded the race onto YouTube in 1 hour segments.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:58 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
It worked for me. The feed dropped every now and then, but I'm not sure if that's IMSA, the VPN, or me. Likely me because I noticed once I logged into the router and kicked my wife and son's iPhones off the wi-fi, the feed stayed up. I think between the HD stream coming down from IMSA.tv (on my Wi-Fi), plus then streaming HD BACK to my TV via AppleTV (also on the Wi-Fi), plus wife and son both futzing on the internet (and son burning through YouTube) I ran out of bandwidth in the house.

The IMSA Radio guys are SO much better at announcing the race.

If IMSA offered a paid service to stream that feed, I'd pay it. Hell I coughed up the $6 for one month on PrivateInternetAccess.com so I could stream it.
I paid the $6 as well and it worked great. I got knocked off twice over the 12 hours of coverage, but was quickly able to re-establish the connection. Once the month is up, I'll spring for a 1-year subscription so that I can watch the rest of the season live.

Agree that IMSA radio announcers are great.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:02 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
I paid the $6 as well and it worked great. I got knocked off twice over the 12 hours of coverage, but was quickly able to re-establish the connection. Once the month is up, I'll spring for a 1-year subscription so that I can watch the rest of the season live.
Glad it worked

Quick Reply: No more online streaming of IMSA races?