Sponsored by:

No more online streaming of IMSA races?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 04:42 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Is IMSA only blocking the stream for US citizens or can't we Europeans watch anymore either?

Anyone?
Old 03-16-2016, 04:48 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 568 Likes on 298 Posts

This seems to show that its on IMSA.com from 7-10, no??

Honestly, I know streaming is the way things are going, but I don't like it....I want to be able to record it, watch it later (usually for Sebring it would be Sunday morning). I watch all of Daytona and LeMans over about a month. and I DON'T want to ahve to watch it on my laptop, I'd rather see it on my 60" HDTV....plus...every time I try to stream something, I get constant stoppage, buffering, lock ups, etc.

just MHO...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 03-16-2016, 07:06 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Anyone?
You should be able to stream it if you're not in the US.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
Honestly, I know streaming is the way things are going, but I don't like it....I want to be able to record it, watch it later (usually for Sebring it would be Sunday morning). I watch all of Daytona and LeMans over about a month. and I DON'T want to ahve to watch it on my laptop, I'd rather see it on my 60" HDTV....plus...every time I try to stream something, I get constant stoppage, buffering, lock ups, etc.
There are a lot of ways to get it on your big TV. I agree about watching on a computer. I ran an HDMI cable from my laptop to the TV for Daytona and it worked fine. You can watch the races over time with Youtube, in HD with no commercials, but it's uploaded about a week after the race. Its not perfect but it was getting better, until they made this announcement..
Old 03-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't find the stream to be as smooth as regular TV. It's ever so slightly choppy. And I've got the super duper FIOs thing. And it cuts out or I have to refresh. It's just not yet a true replacement for TV.

And why on God's green Earth can't any of these outfits design a website? I've spent a good 15 minutes looking for the T&S results from today's practice and finally found the T&S button on only one page, the home page. It's not findable anyplace else on the website. Not in the results section, not on the race information page. Only the home page. It should be a firkin button in the pull downs across the top.

ARRRGH!!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 10:50 PM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Apple App Store and try Ustream. Haven't used it yet but looks promising.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:34 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Well, in that case just get a http://privateinternetaccess.com/ subscription, connect your pc to a VPN outside the US and enjoy your stream
Old 03-18-2016, 09:59 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone figured out how to pay to get streaming video in the app? Sorry if I've missed any earlier messages asking the same thing. I'm completely fine with paying but they don't make it easy! I'm in the US, using iOS.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:30 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Which app are you talking about?

There is no pay access for these IMSA races. The payment is a monthly cable subscription with the Fox Sports channels. This will allow you to watch the race on TV or stream it via the FoxSportsGo app (requires cable subscription authentication).

GT3 Cup, Continental Tire Sports Car Championship, and GTD/GTLM/PC/P qualifying are still streaming for free via the IMSA app and IMSA site.

It is only the feature races (e.g. 12hrs of Sebring) that will no longer be streamed via any IMSA platform. Only viewable on your TV cable subscription or through FoxSportsGo with authentication of your cable subscription.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:41 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Sir5n
Apple App Store and try Ustream. Haven't used it yet but looks promising.
If you're outside of the US, you should still be able to stream all IMSA races via the IMSA app. The IMSA app is available on the Apple and Android app store.

I don't think there is any official IMSA content via the Ustream app. There might be some unofficial IMSA streams tho. Not sure. But it wouldn't surprise me if there were some unofficial sources popping up on Ustream now that IMSA has made the decision to screw over the US market by blocking their stream in the US.

Pirelli World Challenge does use Ustream for their official race streams. Just fire up the app right before (or during) a race and search "Pirelli" or "World Challenge."
Old 03-19-2016, 01:12 AM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vandit
Which app are you talking about?

There is no pay access for these IMSA races. The payment is a monthly cable subscription with the Fox Sports channels. This will allow you to watch the race on TV or stream it via the FoxSportsGo app (requires cable subscription authentication).

GT3 Cup, Continental Tire Sports Car Championship, and GTD/GTLM/PC/P qualifying are still streaming for free via the IMSA app and IMSA site.

It is only the feature races (e.g. 12hrs of Sebring) that will no longer be streamed via any IMSA platform. Only viewable on your TV cable subscription or through FoxSportsGo with authentication of your cable subscription.
I'm talking about this app:
https://appsto.re/us/3M9eV.i

I thought there was a way to pay directly to watch races, like you can watch games with the MLB app - even without a cable subscription.

I don't even see a login option in the IMSA app. How does it know if you have a cable TV subscription?
Old 03-19-2016, 09:02 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I'll watch the stream on IMSA.com between 7-10 PM today...

Don't have a cable subscription to use the Fox app...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-19-2016, 10:36 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Well, in that case just get a http://privateinternetaccess.com/ subscription, connect your pc to a VPN outside the US and enjoy your stream
If anyone tries this, please post the results. I dropped cable TV last year, nothing but internet for me.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:44 AM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I'll watch the stream on IMSA.com between 7-10 PM today...

Don't have a cable subscription to use the Fox app...
Which Fox app? Fox Sports Go or Fox Sports Mobile?

Update: Got it: Fox Sports Go.

Last edited by FergusH; 03-19-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:00 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by FergusH
Which Fox app? Fox Sports Go or Fox Sports Mobile?
http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

Quick Reply: No more online streaming of IMSA races?