opinions wanted...cheap street legal DE car

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 11:44 PM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sir5n
Boxster, Miata

Weren't you the guy with an R8? Run the wheels off it that's the case. They're awesome cars!
yup I DD a V10 R8. That said, I want something I don't need to worry about for the track. I could buy track insurance for the R8 each time, but within a couple years, I'd have paid for a decent track only car. also, not really interesting in putting seats, harnesses and a roll bar in the R8.

Gonna get a track prep'd C5. I won't worry about sand blasting the front when following people. I'll focus more on driving than keeping the car intact and if something unexpected happens, I'll be out 20K instead of 100+.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by cre8fun
yup I DD a V10 R8. That said, I want something I don't need to worry about for the track. I could buy track insurance for the R8 each time, but within a couple years, I'd have paid for a decent track only car. also, not really interesting in putting seats, harnesses and a roll bar in the R8.

Gonna get a track prep'd C5. I won't worry about sand blasting the front when following people. I'll focus more on driving than keeping the car intact and if something unexpected happens, I'll be out 20K instead of 100+.
And you can even insure the $20k C5 for a LOT less than the R8!

Quick Reply: opinions wanted...cheap street legal DE car