Best Simulator Set Up - Hardware and Software

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Good!
Be great if it works! I stopped sim racing because of the shifter pot issues in both the G25 wheel and shifter I have, hopefully now I can enjoy it again...
Old 01-11-2017, 04:26 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm selling my Team ARC pedals if anyone here is interested. They were purchased in 2013 for $1375. I'm selling for $800 plus shipping and PP fee. They are excellent pedals that are highly adjustable. Pedal plate included.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:41 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Why are you selling the ARCs? I'm sure you will find a buyer.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:57 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by switchface
Why are you selling the ARCs? I'm sure you will find a buyer.
I'm just looking to try something different.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:27 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,888 Likes on 1,695 Posts

There's SO much good stuff out there, right now.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-11-2017, 06:23 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Well, since we're at it. Anyone have a custom wheel they want to show off?

I sold my F1 wheel as I never race open wheelers. I have an idea for a new custom wheel, but I have not taken action yet. May just get some paddles to add to my Momo Mod30.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:53 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts

Old 01-12-2017, 02:05 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

I have a custom wheel from Sam Maxwell . Momo 27c with button plate and paddle shifters. I'll post a picture later.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:06 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I have a Sam Maxwell wheel in the process of being assembled now It's a race to see what gets here first - the wheel, or my Joe Sullivan OSW.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:11 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Which OSW did you go with Mige or Lenze? Joe is an awesome guy.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:32 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Peter, what's your recommendation? Add the DIY perfect pedal to an existing G27 pedal set, or buy the Clubsport V3 set? Both seem to be the same price (if you buy the Bodner cable).
Old 01-12-2017, 04:49 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

If you're a four-way shock kind of guy, and like messing around with the adjustments, buy the V3 set. That's what I am coming to grips with now on a set I bought some time ago but are only now putting into service. Jury is still out. I don't have the damper (and I would NOT put the throttle damper on this set).

If not, you just want to get in and drive, buy the DIY Perfect Pedal, the Bodnar cable and take a little fluid out of it. I have been using this setup (and sold two or three dozen to other folks) for years, even with the modded G27, a Fanatec Club Sport Wheel Base and an ECCI wheel and have always been happy. I had ONE begin to leak a little, and Gary fixed it several years later, no charge.

To me, the brake pedal feel is everything, because that's the hardest skill execution IN THE SIM, IMO. I would like to try the HE pedals again (tried some early stuff a long time ago) and the HPP's, sometime.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:21 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by switchface
Which OSW did you go with Mige or Lenze? Joe is an awesome guy.
Small Mige with the new SimuCUBE controller setup.

I sent him a deposit 6 weeks ago, he said it'd take 2-4 weeks. Poked him last week to see if I my wheel was gonna be done soon and all I got back was, "Yep!"

So... who knows. I'm not worried, he's got a good rep. I'm also not in a hurry... I'm behind on my cockpit project and don't really have anything good to mount the OSW to anyways. Just a little strange with the lack of communication.

If you're a four-way shock kind of guy, and like messing around with the adjustments, buy the V3 set. That's what I am coming to grips with now on a set I bought some time ago but are only now putting into service. Jury is still out. I don't have the damper (and I would NOT put the throttle damper on this set).

If not, you just want to get in and drive, buy the DIY Perfect Pedal, the Bodnar cable and take a little fluid out of it. I have been using this setup (and sold two or three dozen to other folks) for years, even with the modded G27, a Fanatec Club Sport Wheel Base and an ECCI wheel and have always been happy. I had ONE begin to leak a little, and Gary fixed it several years later, no charge.

To me, the brake pedal feel is everything, because that's the hardest skill execution IN THE SIM, IMO. I would like to try the HE pedals again (tried some early stuff a long time ago) and the HPP's, sometime.
Well if you're ever in the Chicago area you're welcome to give my HE's a try I spent a little time futzing with bumper and software config/calibration and they feel incredible once set up right.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:15 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks Peter. In a real car, I love the tuning... but I jump in my "sim" maybe once a month (essentially a G27 on a wheelstandpro), and don't want to bother with adjustments and tweeking. I think i'll go with the perfect pedal. Just got on iracing after about a year (since I sold my SPB to Scott )... took a while for all the updates. To my surprise, Nurburgring was now available. Holy cow... that track is nuts. New item now on my track bucket list.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:58 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Thanks Peter.

Holy cow... that track is nuts. New item now on my track bucket list.
Glad to help. You'll like it because it makes it "feel right." No more driving in your socks!

Quick Reply: Best Simulator Set Up - Hardware and Software