An Open Letter to Ron and Fernando from Jenson

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 12:18 PM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
What are you on about?
Just that Fernando Santander is overrated and overpaid little princess. There are far better drivers* in the grid, those just do their work, and well they do it, without stabbing their teammates in the back at every chance they get.

*Like Bottas and Ricciardo.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

And again, Alonso did not cost the team $100 mm, lying and cheating cost the team. You could say that Alonso was the only one with enough character to call them out. I am not an Alonso fan, but geez.

Cheers,
Old 11-24-2014, 02:02 PM
jcs_911
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by teamking

Fernando, you need to grow a pair.
Any help with edits is appreciated.
You might want to edit this part so Fernando knows "a pair" refers to a male anatomy part, and not female.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:13 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jabo
Alonso is the most capable driver currently in the sport.
Button is a likable guy, but not a dominant driver.
Magnusson shows much more promise for the future.
Remember, Schumacher, Senna and many others did not obliterate the field in their rookie seasons, but they did show great promise.

Button needs to retire.
I'll take Hamilton over Alonso any day of the week. Alonso needs either a slower team mate or one who can't deal with the car to keep Alonso's mental marbles in order.
Good for him but not as good for the constructors championship.

Meanwhile....Hamilton can get on with it partnered with a multiple WDC team mate (even as a rookie) or with a team mate who actually out-qualified him like Rosberg.
Good for him AND good for the constructors championship.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:44 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by teamking
I thought the folks here on Rennlist would like to help me draft a letter that Jenson Button could send to Ron Dennis and Fernando Alonso:

Dear Ron and Fernando,

Ron, as you are ever the pragmatist, I wanted to help you with your math as you decide between Kevin and myself to pair with Alonso next year. To wit, if you had two drivers that each accumulated as many points as I have this year, McLaren would have finished in fourth instead of fifth. On the other hand, if you had two drivers that accumulated as many points as Kevin, McLaren would have finished in sixth.

Fernando, you need to grow a pair. Obviously, you delivered an ultimatum to McLaren and Honda that for you to sign, I must be pushed out-- you want to be the clear #1 driver. Remember that we are racing drivers. We are competitors. We relish the danger and the thrill in order to conquer all and win. You are a two-time world champion, and you understand that to be the best, you must beat the best. When your career is over, shall it be said of you that you fought the greatest battles, rose to the highest levels, and belong among the greats, or that you were afraid to go race when the odds were not in your favor?

Your most humble servant,
Jenson Button
Any help with edits is appreciated.
Why anyone would want to drive for Ron Dennis is beyond me.
McLaren was tolerable for Button because the prospect of Dennis retiring and actually making good on it loomed in the background. Then Dennis came back from his vampire coffin like Vladimir Putin back-stabbing his own hand-picked successor.
Any doubts about what a arshehole Dennis is disappeared with this abysmal indecision despite the obvious points difference. It's pretty clear RD is doing it just to be a dick. The only thing he's good at... What other man can say they drove Mika into early retirement, pushed Senna to the point that he would drive a Williams for free, wasted so many of Kimi's best years in unreliable cars, drove Montoya to opt for NASCAR, and got Hamilton to bail for a team that hadn't won a title in 100 years.

As for Button, if not him then who is more deserving a seat in F1 currently without a ride who didn't stab someone in the neck?
Experience matters. Something Torro Rosso is about to learn.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:54 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
I have no words, you simply don't get it.

Honda wants the best driver and Freddy is the best driver, Ron is going to live with it. Besides Ron's desire to win and make this Honda partnership work overshadows the past.

Massa said that Freddy is the most complete driver on the grid and dismantles all his opponents.

As far as the "Ferrari boss" the guy was a marketing guy in the US who was a loyal soldier at Ferrari and thus was given a job in desperation move that he could not handle. Why anyone cares what he thinks is beyond me. Oh by the way he lost his job at Ferrari this morning.
Why is it when one points out some truths one gets attacked?
Typical Alonso Fanboi.:rolleyes.
So you would be ok with rehiring a guy who cost you $100,000,000?
Do you forget the tantrums hethrew when he was at McLaren?

If he is such a great development driver how come Ferrari has become a back marker?

And his praise for his car's team? Justified as they had to put up with his bad attitude. Alonso says nothing unless it helps Alonso.

He is already screwing with Ron Dennis. Ron Dennis, for whatever reason, said he would not announce if Alonso was a team member until December. It could be because his Astrogoler picked the day, his wife said she wanted to pick the day or he did it to screw with the media. My point is that your boss picks a day you go with what a boss says. Alonso talks to former King Juan Carlos of Spain who leaks it to the press. Going against team principal. A FU to McLaren. If it were me I would consider giving him the hook or better, knowing Alonso's history contractually barring him from speaking about McLaren with heavy sanctions. They call them Formula 1 teams for a reason.

Remember that in the past Alonso has been in the middle of multiple scandals. So that cancer comment from a former teammate seems to have traction.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:46 PM
jabo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap
I'll take Hamilton over Alonso any day of the week.
Happy you feel that way.
Fact is, both of them have matured a lot, and either of them can easily outdrive Button.

And so I say again Button should retire.

Button is a very good driver, but F1 demands superior driving, and political maneuvering, off the track, neither of which are Button traits.

I think he would be a better fit for endurance racing a la WEC.

The racing in F1 will be more interesting without Button.

As to comparing him with Magnusson based on points? If drivers were rated purely on points, half the field would have been sent home without their cookies after their rookie season.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jabo
Alonso is the most capable driver currently in the sport.
Button is a likable guy, but not a dominant driver.
Magnusson shows much more promise for the future.
Remember, Schumacher, Senna and many others did not obliterate the field in their rookie seasons, but they did show great promise.

Button needs to retire.
Hamilton is the most capable driver currently in the sport. He certainly proved he has Alonso's number in his rookie year at McLaren.

Furthermore, Button has outperformed Magnusson by a good bit this year. Button should stay.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil
And again, Alonso did not cost the team $100 mm, lying and cheating cost the team. You could say that Alonso was the only one with enough character to call them out. I am not an Alonso fan, but geez.
The words "Alonso" and "Character" should not be written in the same sentence. You are misremembering Stepnygate. Alonso did not turn in McLaren out of the goodness of his heart. According to reporting he blackmailed the team with his knowledge of wrongdoing and only reported them when they did not buckle to his demands.

If that isn't enough to have one question his "character" then crashgate should seal the deal. Alonso obviously knew about the plan to have Piquet crash and was apparently a willing participant in the deception.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:17 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Krokodil

Cheers,
Sure buddy!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...plicated_N.htm
Old 11-27-2014, 08:49 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

The hate on rennlist just amazes me. Wow, what a way to live life. Just saying...
Old 11-27-2014, 01:51 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
The hate on rennlist just amazes me. Wow, what a way to live life. Just saying...
Almost as amazing as some of the "facts" people toss out.

Because a few jamokes on Rennlist have a better understanding of the (worlds most complicated) sport than the people who run it...
Old 11-27-2014, 02:24 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
Hamilton is the most capable driver currently in the sport. He certainly proved he has Alonso's number in his rookie year at McLaren.

Furthermore, Button has outperformed Magnusson by a good bit this year. Button should stay.
Ray,

You have to remember that, regardless of the facts, you are part of the hate mongers and the jamokes who have less than no clue on how the worlds most complicated sport works.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:11 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Button needs to go to WEC...he no longer has the killer instinct on the track to be a contender in F1.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:06 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

But Button has strong ties to Japan and I think Honda would want to capitalize on them.

Quick Reply: An Open Letter to Ron and Fernando from Jenson