stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

looks amazing, like an american version of Spa
Old 08-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

Opening weekend. Any other RL's going to be there?

http://www.clubmotorsports.com/news

Old 09-10-2017, 04:45 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I was there on Friday with the SCDA. I liked the track, but not the best judge due to limited experience.

One negative: The flagging/safety need to be improved. At least two people in my group took victory laps since the checkered flag was easy to miss. The instructor told us in the last classroom session that someone went off around T9, but the flaggers completely missed it and only became known when a driver pulled in to report it.

The SCDA has photos and videos in their Facebook page:
Facebook Post

Edit to Add: The Facebook link does not show up here...
Old 09-11-2017, 11:57 AM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 101 Posts

Was there for the wet weather event last Wednesday, love the track. Like Fat mentions, I heard a few gripes about the number and location of the flagging stations. I remember Palmer making a few adjustments to their flag stations as we all got experience with how the track worked. Based on my conversation with Mike Rand and everything else I've heard, I certainly would expect CM to do the same thing: they are *very* determined to make the track the best it can be. Can't wait to go back.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:32 PM
FLACHT6_pilot
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 92 Posts
Default First track time at Club Motorsports

I was finally able to get up to Club Motorsports about a week ago with SCDA (same day as Fat Kid) in my 991 C2S.

It's been a long, long time coming. Back in 2006 I was a board member of the BMW club of NH and I remember giving the Club Motorsports group a deposit to secure one of their first available track days as soon as they opened....luckily it was a small deposit!!

Back to the current, based on the two days I had there I would say the new track is a major success. As I drove up to the track the first morning it had just stopped raining and there was a mist hanging over the mountain that the track is carved into. I thought to myself this has the same feel as Spa and the Eifel mountains.

Once on the track it really delivered the goods. First class paving, gentle/usable rumble strips, generally good runoff, and full paving including paddock, access roads, etc.

I've been fortunate to drive most of the tracks in the east and a few in Europe and CM ranks right up there in overall challenge and quality. There is a huge amount of elevation change for a relatively short track - I think 250ft in a 2.5 mile lap. This compares very favorably to Spa's 334 feet of elevation change over 4.3 miles.

There are also outstanding viewing opportunities of the back half of the course from the access road, and the top of that road provides one of the absolute best back ground views (White Mountains) of any track I've ever been to.

Compared to the other track options in New England I would say that CM has substantial advantages. Top speed is down a little compared to Palmer and Lime Rock (5-8mph) - I got 127 mph on the front straight in the C2S, but other than that it is really impressive.

If you are in the North East I would say it is worth the drive, and you will likely enjoy it more than the other options in the area, although YMMV.

Turn 2b at CMI

Turn 10/11

Last edited by FLACHT6_pilot; 09-18-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

Imagine if they ever add the upper segment in the original plans....
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2017, 11:53 AM
mrRed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by avusm3
I was finally able to get up to Club Motorsports about a week ago with SCDA (same day as Fat Kid) in my 991 C2S.

It's been a long, long time coming. Back in 2006 I was a board member of the BMW club of NH and I remember giving the Club Motorsports group a deposit to secure one of their first available track days as soon as they opened....luckily it was a small deposit!!

Back to the current, based on the two days I had there I would say the new track is a major success. As I drove up to the track the first morning it had just stopped raining and there was a mist hanging over the mountain that the track is carved into. I thought to myself this has the same feel as Spa and the Eifel mountains.

Once on the track it really delivered the goods. First class paving, gentle/usable rumble strips, generally good runoff, and full paving including paddock, access roads, etc.

I've been fortunate to drive most of the tracks in the east and a few in Europe and CM ranks right up there in overall challenge and quality. There is a huge amount of elevation change for a relatively short track - I think 250ft in a 2.5 mile lap. This compares very favorably to Spa's 334 feet of elevation change over 4.3 miles.

There are also outstanding viewing opportunities of the back half of the course from the access road, and the top of that road provides one of the absolute best back ground views (White Mountains) of any track I've ever been to.

Compared to the other track options in New England I would say that CM has substantial advantages. Top speed is down a little compared to Palmer and Lime Rock (5-8mph) - I got 127 mph on the front straight in the C2S, but other than that it is really impressive.

If you are in the North East I would say it is worth the drive, and you will likely enjoy it more than the other options in the area, although YMMV.

Turn 2b at CMI

Turn 10/11
That second picture is great! Glad to hear the good reviews and I hope to get out there next year and see if for myself.
Old 09-23-2023, 09:59 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Bringing this up to top

considering joining the club

anyone here current members / or former members

track is nice / go kart track great add as well

very limited amenities / no club race series like at Monticello etc which would be more compelling for me

People were super friendly which is a big plus

my worry is they don’t hit their goals of member garages etc which makes logistics of running a race car there harder re trailering etc
Old 09-23-2023, 12:42 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Bringing this up to top

considering joining the club

anyone here current members / or former members

track is nice / go kart track great add as well

very limited amenities / no club race series like at Monticello etc which would be more compelling for me

People were super friendly which is a big plus

my worry is they don’t hit their goals of member garages etc which makes logistics of running a race car there harder re trailering etc
I can connect you with some members if you shoot me an email. ACE Performance has a garage in the next property over for storage right now. The track is a blast
to drive.
Old 09-23-2023, 12:52 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,856 Likes on 1,678 Posts

Reach out to Baer Connard here: https://www.aceperformancesystems.com/
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 09-23-2023, 02:59 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I can connect you with some members if you shoot me an email. ACE Performance has a garage in the next property over for storage right now. The track is a blast
to drive.
Gonna take your advice and get up there next season, hopefully for a 3-day event. Keep me posted on dates for next season. Cayman track, yes? (Over the big car?).

On a related note, I know someone looking to get rid of a Palmers membership relatively cheaply....
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (09-24-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 11:27 PM
BFT3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 67 Posts

Drove there for 3 days a couple years ago, super fun track that I can only describe as The Red Bull Ring meets Palmer in MA. Im not sure if they ever have unmuffled days but they were super strict on sound and black flagged a number of cars. The track went so far as to have the person measuring sound at one point standing right up to the cement wall at turn 2A where he was literally 10' from the cars in an acceleration zone. The club we drove with was not thrilled with this either as apparently sound is supposed to be measured 50' from the center line of the track. With that I'd be surprised if they could hold a race even if they wanted to. Fantastic track but bring your Laguna Seca exhaust
Old 09-24-2023, 11:37 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 76 Posts

They have added their first set of permanent garages and now have good bathrooms, meeting spaces, offices, etc and eventually member condo garages. Plans to keep building a main paddock and swank clubhouse, but I’ve heard unsubstantiated rumors that’s on hold. Great coaching staff, for member days, so you definitely have the opportunity to improve skills. Amazing views that you shouldn’t be watching .

I think it’s only going to get better, and am in the process of joining, even though I can only get there a couple times a year with race schedules. NCR PCA, BMW CCA and others hold events, and they will be happy to sell you day passes, esp if you are considering joining. Member days are a mix of advanced, bike and intermediate run sessions and you usually have people to run with and challenge you.

the track has some slow corners but does reward HP (turns 7-10 DARE you to use that HP while your brain tries to talk you out of it). RE sound, I can usually get by with my spec cayman with race headers and full SOUL cans, but sometimes I need to throw on the turndowns to pass. Similar considerations to LRP and Palmer, but less strict then LCMT.

Decent food options, mediocre hotels close by.
Old 09-24-2023, 11:42 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
They have added their first set of permanent garages and now have good bathrooms, meeting spaces, offices, etc and eventually member condo garages. Plans to keep building a main paddock and swank clubhouse, but I’ve heard unsubstantiated rumors that’s on hold. Great coaching staff, for member days, so you definitely have the opportunity to improve skills. Amazing views that you shouldn’t be watching .

I think it’s only going to get better, and am in the process of joining, even though I can only get there a couple times a year with race schedules. NCR PCA, BMW CCA and others hold events, and they will be happy to sell you day passes, esp if you are considering joining. Member days are a mix of advanced, bike and intermediate run sessions and you usually have people to run with and challenge you.

the track has some slow corners but does reward HP (turns 7-10 DARE you to use that HP while your brain tries to talk you out of it). RE sound, I can usually get by with my spec cayman with race headers and full SOUL cans, but sometimes I need to throw on the turndowns to pass. Similar considerations to LRP and Palmer, but less strict then LCMT.

Decent food options, mediocre hotels close by.
Do you know the dB number?
Old 09-24-2023, 01:22 PM
BFT3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 67 Posts

When I attended it was 92

Quick Reply: Club Motorsport