Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Bringing this up to top

considering joining the club

anyone here current members / or former members

track is nice / go kart track great add as well

very limited amenities / no club race series like at Monticello etc which would be more compelling for me

People were super friendly which is a big plus

my worry is they don’t hit their goals of member garages etc which makes logistics of running a race car there harder re trailering etc
Just finished my third season as a member so you know I like the club. All members are really nice because any that are not are cheerfully put to death! Good food nearby, hotels could be improved and paying top dollar for a room in July (if you can get one) gets old real quick. The Days Inn can accommodate many more trailers than the Econo Lodge. My preference was the Econolodge because we could walk across the street for dinner.
I get 30 days a season and getting a hotel room was always a problem in peak seasons. Like July, Bike Week, Leaf Peeping. But as a member I would look at the weather forecast and book my days on Tuesday so hotel availability was a PITA.
So last August I closed on a house up there about 20 minutes away. Problem solved. Water front home and wifey loves it.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:52 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Just finished my third season as a member so you know I like the club. All members are really nice because any that are not are cheerfully put to death! Good food nearby, hotels could be improved and paying top dollar for a room in July (if you can get one) gets old real quick. The Days Inn can accommodate many more trailers than the Econo Lodge. My preference was the Econolodge because we could walk across the street for dinner.
I get 30 days a season and getting a hotel room was always a problem in peak seasons. Like July, Bike Week, Leaf Peeping. But as a member I would look at the weather forecast and book my days on Tuesday so hotel availability was a PITA.
So last August I closed on a house up there about 20 minutes away. Problem solved. Water front home and wifey loves it.
That's one way to handle the accommodations issues. Congrats on the purchase.

We are thinking about doing the same thing at Watkins Glen. Looking now.....
Old 10-30-2023, 05:06 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
I just bought a house on silver lake 5 miles away. So same game plan - happen to wakesurf?
Old 10-30-2023, 08:28 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audipwr1
I just bought a house on silver lake 5 miles away. So same game plan - happen to wakesurf?
8+ acres?? If it is the property I am thinking of it is10 min from track and a seriously nice place to "make your own". Guessing you also know Baer?
We just had 3 super nice season ending days in the 70s. Not bad for end of October. Club is open a few more weekends, weather permitting.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:34 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
That's one way to handle the accommodations issues. Congrats on the purchase.

We are thinking about doing the same thing at Watkins Glen. Looking now.....
My 2 cents. Took me year and a half to find our place. For us it HAD to be a place we would come to, track or not. Spent New Years up there in unseasonal warm weather, yeah, grilling outside and all.
Old 10-31-2023, 08:11 AM
saksride
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Anyone here up to speed on this facility? Making progress based on Facebook photos and layout looks like it will have some decent flow.

Just pumped to have new facilities being built within a couple hours of Boston.

https://www.facebook.com/ClubMotorsports

http://www.clubmotorsports.com/track...TOKEN=17758221
I was just there on Saturday and going back this Friday.
Amazing track, super fun.
Old 10-31-2023, 08:40 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 924 Likes on 563 Posts

I was up on Friday and it was glorious! What always amazes me is the track is fun in every car I've been out there in. From GTIs to full race cars, it's always fun and a challenge. Driving one of the Rush SRs around was a blast too. They have something really good going. I see some karting in my future up there too.

Quick Reply: Club Motorsport