Sponsored by:

PCA CR Rules changes/revisions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 02:31 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default PCA CR Rules changes/revisions

As required by the PCA Club Racing Rules the period for submission of proposed rules changes/revisions to the PCA Club Racing Committee is open from April 1st to June 1st. Proposed rules changes/revisions should be sent to crrules@pca.org.

Has anybody addressed the slider issue?
The 50# slicks penalty for GT cars?

or...just because, the passenger seat in stock cars?

I'd be more than glad to send the committee a note, but my style is, try as I might, a bit abrasive. I'd still LOVE to know why Sabelt sliders are allowed, yet those by Recaro are not.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Passenger seat....this should be SERIOUSLY looked at this year....they now have a data logger that can be placed in the car which takes away the need for a scruit to sit in the car....

Id like the points system to be looked at.....if a car starts a race and DNFs for any reason...as long as they took the green flag....you should recieve bonus points for finishing ahead of them......i dont understand why you get no bonus points for someone who drops out of an enduro for a mechanical or something...Makes no sense to me...otherwise i think the point system works pretty good
would love to see ALL races scored

and all past champs should get and extra 50lbs ballast for winning (MUHAHAHAHA)
Old 05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

HSR points consider taking the green, taking the chequered and finishing position. Can't recall if running >50% of laps
Old 05-05-2014, 03:44 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Would love to see the slider issue addressed before embarking on potentially unnecessary and expensive welding this fall.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 74 Posts

The point system needs to be evaluated. The field size should have either no wieght or less than it does. The way it works now a racer who never finishes on the podium but is routinely in a 20 car field can beat a guy who wins in a 5 car field.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I think all numbers should be 8.5 inches high rather than 8 inches high.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to introduce my new vinyl numbers business
Old 05-05-2014, 05:09 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Stock classes should really have back seats!

I'm sure they will change the slider rule since I already fabed mine with Porsche sliders.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:41 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
As required by the PCA Club Racing Rules the period for submission of proposed rules changes/revisions to the PCA Club Racing Committee is open from April 1st to June 1st. Proposed rules changes/revisions should be sent to crrules@pca.org.

Has anybody addressed the slider issue?
The 50# slicks penalty for GT cars?

or...just because, the passenger seat in stock cars?

I'd be more than glad to send the committee a note, but my style is, try as I might, a bit abrasive. I'd still LOVE to know why Sabelt sliders are allowed, yet those by Recaro are not.
Someone has Sabelt stock in their portfolio?

Stubbornness must be the only reason left for not allowing passenger seat removal. The jury has long been in on the safety issue and the 'tradition of stock classes' --palleeese. That went out the window with adjustable shocks, cages, Hoosiers, race seats and harnesses. Etc. Etc. Etc. Ode to Yul.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:47 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Regarding the points - I'd like to see all races count as points races. If they want to weight the Enduro more heavily because it is 2x long, then that might also be a good idea.

So do we have a ring leader to present this, or do we each submit our own request??
Old 05-05-2014, 07:00 PM
T&T Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 269 Posts

The fuel cell rule states that a fuel cell MUST be installed in the same location as the stock fuel tank.

For 944's, the cheapest option is to install the fuel cell in the spare tire well. This location does not provide a competitive advantage and the tire well is the containment. No cutting of the rear deck, no reinforcing of the rear to provide rigidity when the rear deck panel is removed for placement of the fuel cell.

Only a special order, high price fuel cell container and bladder can fit in the exact location of the fuel tank because the OEM tank is a "saddle design" mounted above the torque tube.

No fuel cell can be moved forward of the existing fuel tank or placed inside the driver's compartment.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

I agree the passenger seat rule should go. Also think that as far as points go, if you DNF the non points race, then you start at the back of the points race, regardless of lap time. The way it is now, some drivers go out in race 1, turn a few laps, then park it. The guys who complete the race get penalized. Or give points for all races.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:58 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with points for all races.

This will do away with the problem mentioned above as well as help those who must leave early on Sundays.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:47 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Term limits, we need fresh blood in key positions...
Peer review, decisions made by club members instead of people insulated and out of touch.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
I agree the passenger seat rule should go. Also think that as far as points go, if you DNF the non points race, then you start at the back of the points race, regardless of lap time. The way it is now, some drivers go out in race 1, turn a few laps, then park it. The guys who complete the race get penalized. Or give points for all races.
Careful, last time i suggested something similar i got attacked for not being sensitive to tire wear concerns 🏁
Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that there's definitely room for improvement with the points championship rules. I have proposed changes two years in a row. However I have never seen a proposal from anybody make it to discussion. Is there another avenue to propose changes to the points system?

Quick Reply: PCA CR Rules changes/revisions