flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Old 05-05-2014, 10:39 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Astroman
I think that there's definitely room for improvement with the points championship rules. I have proposed changes two years in a row. However I have never seen a proposal from anybody make it to discussion. Is there another avenue to propose changes to the points system?
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2014, 11:33 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
The point system needs to be evaluated. The field size should have either no wieght or less than it does. The way it works now a racer who never finishes on the podium but is routinely in a 20 car field can beat a guy who wins in a 5 car field.
are you kidding? the first part. so win in a 5 car field same points as a 30 car field, no effing way same points. gotta go to the big races to win the big title and big bragging rights. or just race for fun.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Proposed Sabelt slider rule: DUMB

Requiring a right seat in "stock" classes: DUMB

Allowing "stock" classes like E to add $15,000 suspensions but can't touch things like brakes (which are mediocre at best in some of these cars): DUMB
Old 05-06-2014, 01:01 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Allowing "stock" classes like E to add $15,000 suspensions but can't touch things like brakes (which are mediocre at best in some of these cars): DUMB
WAAAAAIIIIITTTTT im not allowed to touch the brakes on track...what about the parking brake??
Ive been doing it all wrong, no wonder im so slow

and stock classes needing back seats......THATS AWESOME...i wanna see this in the caymen and boxsters
Old 05-06-2014, 04:32 AM
chas911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Rules

Originally Posted by Der ABT
Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
WAAAAAIIIIITTTTT im not allowed to touch the brakes on track...what about the parking brake??
I guess you have never been a student of his :-), that is his first secret!
Charlie
Old 05-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
are you kidding? the first part. so win in a 5 car field same points as a 30 car field, no effing way same points. gotta go to the big races to win the big title and big bragging rights. or just race for fun.
If you happen to live in Texas that works. Does coming in 15th or 20th really deserve 10 points?!?!?

Should 7 th place earn as many points as a podium just because you live in Texas?

Whats the point of having a championship points system if only people that live in Texas can win?

Do the math. Is it better to have a guy who doesnt even podium in a 30 car field beat out a guy who does in a smaller field? Are the top 5 guys at TWS really racing all 28 SPBs on the track or are positions 11 thru 28 really irrelevant to the outcome of the top 5? Are the top five in a 15 car field really racing cars 10 thru 15? No. No they aren't so there really isn't much difference except more participants get 10 bonus points for being also rans.

Big points for big races? That is a bit absurd since there is only one place in the country with "the big races" and it happens to be convenient for you. The biggest races I can get to are Sebring and WG. I and many other SPBs will never race in a 30 car field so how is point system not stacked in favor of one region?
Old 05-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT

and stock classes needing back seats......THATS AWESOME...i wanna see this in the caymen and boxsters
Originally Posted by chas911
I guess you have never been a student of his :-), that is his first secret!
Charlie
LMAO!!

See, Evan, it's time!
Old 05-06-2014, 09:33 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
If you happen to live in Texas that works. Does coming in 15th or 20th really deserve 10 points?!?!?

Should 7 th place earn as many points as a podium just because you live in Texas?

Whats the point of having a championship points system if only people that live in Texas can win?

Do the math. Is it better to have a guy who doesnt even podium in a 30 car field beat out a guy who does in a smaller field? Are the top 5 guys at TWS really racing all 28 SPBs on the track or are positions 11 thru 28 really irrelevant to the outcome of the top 5? Are the top five in a 15 car field really racing cars 10 thru 15? No. No they aren't so there really isn't much difference except more participants get 10 bonus points for being also rans.

Big points for big races? That is a bit absurd since there is only one place in the country with "the big races" and it happens to be convenient for you. The biggest races I can get to are Sebring and WG. I and many other SPBs will never race in a 30 car field so how is point system not stacked in favor of one region?
How about +1 point for each car you finish ahead of and -1 point for each car that finishes ahead of you? That would normalize the mid packers in a large field. A DNF in a 30 car field would really hurt.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:44 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I propose all 13's are reviewed on an official "13" thread on Rennlist the week following a race and the final decision is made my a jury of your peers
Old 05-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Blitz128
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO the Cup slider proposal for Boxsters creates a head height issue for taller drivers requiring floor pan changes... then the slider is added and who's looking at how the floor pan was reworked...
Old 05-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Guys, lets take advantage that we are a large group with different backgrounds and race cars. Let's help PCA and ourselves as the racers by putting together a list of the concerns and present them as a group/petition.

They want it to be fun and fair to all of us. Let's help them!

From the posts above I see the following suggestions:

- Seat Slider issue
- Slick penalty
- Passenger seat
- Peer review
- Championship points
- Not allowing window nets on test day (I added that one)

Copy paste and ad to the list.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Comments:

Seat Back Brace: I understand but don't like the seat back brace rule. In my case I just changed to a new seat since the lack of travel the brace creates makes it much harder to jump out of the car in case of emergency.

I see that it was introduced as perhaps a cost control measure (and I understand) but the potential downside ability to exit the car in a hurry (with the HANS and HANS type seat) outweighs the savings IMHO.

Window nets: I understand that it is done to allow easier point by's since TnT are run under DE rules. My concern is that the net is an integral part of my safety gear (I can still give point by's if I have to however they are not as clear).

Points: this is how HSR does it (sorry for the cut and paste)

In general, points will be distributed as follows for all series:

10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 Points will be based on your CLASS finishing position. You must complete at least 50% of the winners laps in your class and 50% of the overall winners laps to receive class finishing points.

5 Points Starting the feature race (defined as showing on the scoring sheet as completing one lap).

10 Points Finishing the feature race (must complete 50% of the overall winners laps to receive finishing points).

Enduro Bonus Feature Dash Race Participation - 2 Points for Start, 3 points for Finish

GTP/WSC Bonus One point for owner/driver for completing minimum of 50% of class winner laps.

One point for owner/driver class pole position (2 car minimum).

Participation Bonus 5 Points for registering and participating in all scheduled events *Bonus points will not be awarded for overall finishing position.

Tie Breakers:

In the event of ties in the overall series awards, the following tie breakers, in this order, will determine the final results:

1. Most Class Wins
2. Best average finishing position
3. Most events entered

They drop off 2 races usually to get to the total points for the year.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:12 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I just don't get the points-based national championship thing at all. Joe Bagadonuts wins a more races on the east coast than Homer Simpson wins on the Gulf Coast, but Homer has more cars running with him, so he gets more points. Meanwhile in another series some guy on the west coast wins because that's where the critical mass is for his class, so he is crowned the best driver in his class?

If the leading drivers in a class never meet and race each other, who gives a flying fart which one wins on points? It just seems silly to me.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:58 PM
rstrahota
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Guys, lets take advantage that we are a large group with different backgrounds and race cars. Let's help PCA and ourselves as the racers by putting together a list of the concerns and present them as a group/petition.

They want it to be fun and fair to all of us. Let's help them!

From the posts above I see the following suggestions:

- Seat Slider issue
- Slick penalty
- Passenger seat
- Peer review
- Championship points
- Not allowing window nets on test day (I added that one)

Copy paste and ad to the list.
Seat Slider issue
- Slick penalty
- Passenger seat
- Peer review
- Championship points
- Not allowing window nets on test day
- For all GT classes, increase the weight min for cars running on slicks to 10% of the class formula instead of just +50# (my add)

Quick Reply: PCA CR Rules changes/revisions