Sponsored by:

PCA LA officiating is a joke Festival of speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:03 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought Concours people were the best when it came to whining.

Boy was I wrong.

IIRC the guy with his arm around the bud bottle got taken out by a Cayman on Friday.

I think the Festival of Speed should go to Midol for Sponsorship next year.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:39 PM
JudgeAndJury
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
IIRC the guy with his arm around the bud bottle got taken out by a Cayman on Friday.
With the introduction of the above incident into the record, making it fair game for cross-examination, I present exhibit B(ud)-1 beginning around the 1:00 mark:
I also hereby issue a subpoena duces tecum ordering that a comparable video shot in the Green group showing the OP incident be turned over to this court forthwith. Those withholding evidence are subject to being held in contempt.

Last edited by JudgeAndJury; 04-11-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Added video time info
Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JudgeAndJury
For those of you having difficulty following at home, allow me to introduce the players:
To protect the innocent, the scrut in question wasn't John Poor or Bruce Boeder.....
Old 04-11-2014, 06:49 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
It's official...Rennlist as become the online version of The View
Best,
So Manny will you let us "Viewers" know the outcome of the protest filed against this scrut?....
Old 04-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

That Cayman looked like it just came in too hot and lost it under braking. Or it Cayman too hot. Not a high odds move for a mortal.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:14 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts

I do not race (yet), so I am curious about "fault" on the video. It looks to me like the Cayman, with a clear view of the cars ahead, dive bombed into the apex, putting his car where the yellow 944 was going. The 944 looks like it hit behind the door of the Cayman. The 944 should have been at or near the limit of adhesion, so hitting the brakes to avoid Cayman collision (if possible) would have still have caused it to slide out and hit the red 911.

SO: While it looks to me like the Cayman caused the chain of events, if the contact was behind the Cayman's door, is fault awarded to the 944? Why or why not? Thanks!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:14 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 600 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Not a high odds move for a mortal.
...or a high odds move for a practice race.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:22 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by facelvega
I do not race (yet), so I am curious about "fault" on the video. It looks to me like the Cayman, with a clear view of the cars ahead, dive bombed into the apex, putting his car where the yellow 944 was going. The 944 looks like it hit behind the door of the Cayman. The 944 should have been at or near the limit of adhesion, so hitting the brakes to avoid Cayman collision (if possible) would have still have caused it to slide out and hit the red 911.

SO: While it looks to me like the Cayman caused the chain of events, if the contact was behind the Cayman's door, is fault awarded to the 944? Why or why not? Thanks!
cay was did NOT hit the apex. he's way early. even if the track was empty, at the point where he touched the inside curbing, there's no way in hell he can make the turn. he needed the entire track width to go straight before cutting back. he didn't have the space to make that pass period.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuttgart
The original poster definitely didn't present his argument in a very polite fashion, but I must say I have noticed that the politics are getting worse. I've been racing with PCA for over 10 years and after this last Road Atlanta race I decided to build a vintage car for SVRA and HSR.
3.0L 911 come join us
Old 04-11-2014, 07:45 PM
JudgeAndJury
4th Gear

Originally Posted by facelvega
SO: While it looks to me like the Cayman caused the chain of events, if the contact was behind the Cayman's door, is fault awarded to the 944? Why or why not?
From 2014 PCA Club Racing Rules, page 11:

PCA CLUB RACING PASSING RULES

1. The driver attempting a pass has the responsibility to complete a clean pass.
2. The car ahead at turn in has the corner but does not “own” the corner.
3. Everyone must leave racing room.

Based upon the above pre-contact image clearly showing that there WAS room for the white Cayman, which was in front at the time, but that room was eliminated by the irresponsible act of the yellow 944 Turbo, this court finds that the 944 Turbo did not leave racing room for the faster Cayman to pass and therefore the 944 Turbo is deserving of a 13/13. So ordered.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:58 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JudgeAndJury
From 2014 PCA Club Racing Rules, page 11:

Based upon the above pre-contact image clearly showing that there WAS room for the white Cayman, which was in front at the time, but that room was eliminated by the irresponsible act of the yellow 944 Turbo, this court finds that the 944 Turbo did not leave racing room for the faster Cayman to pass and therefore the 944 Turbo is deserving of a 13/13. So ordered.
You're joking right? The Cayman's closing speed and late braking gave him no chance of making the corner and any reasonable person would not expect a licensed race drive to even attempt that move. Further, the Cayman was on the dirty side of the track with compromised grip level.

further, there these were practice starts... no need to take excess risk on the inside of this turn.

If others think I'm wrong, please explain what I'm missing.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
You're joking right? The Cayman's closing speed and late braking gave him no chance of making the corner and any reasonable person would not expect a licensed race drive to even attempt that move. Further, the Cayman was on the dirty side of the track with compromised grip level.

further, there these were practice starts... no need to take excess risk on the inside of this turn.

That's how I see it. Now keep in mind judgeandjury just joined RL to comment on this thread so there could be an 'alternative' agenda in posting that video in the first place.

Either that or his commentary was meant to be sarcastic in which case I apologize.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,548 Likes on 818 Posts

Holy crap, that video is chock-full of stupidity. Especially for a practice start...

Old 04-11-2014, 08:30 PM
JudgeAndJury
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
This court has already opined. However, for the benefit of the laypeople out there, you are missing application of THE RULES.

1. The driver attempting a pass has the responsibility to complete a clean pass.
The white Cayman, in this case, who was in the process of making a clean pass until his racing room was denied by the yellow 944 Turbo.
2. The car ahead at turn in has the corner but does not “own” the corner.
The white Cayman is ahead and thus HAS the corner (but does not "own" the corner). The Cayman is as far to the left as it can possibly be though, and since it HAS the corner, cars to the right MUST allow space.
3. Everyone must leave racing room.
EVERYONE, including the yellow 944 Turbo, must leave racing room.

Originally Posted by Coochas
...so there could be an 'alternative' agenda....
My only agenda is revealing the truth.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

White Cayman needs to go back to DE with instructor.

Quick Reply: PCA LA officiating is a joke Festival of speed