Registration is open for the 2014 Texas Two Step at TWS -- March 14-16

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
...with my little one riding shotgun & being the Princess
I thought she had to be yours...., saw y'all together on the cart as we were parked by the driver meeting room looking for boots to add to collection for trophy case. Awards were not on premises and at someone's house...?

Anyways...weekend started according to plan for my son, that even traffic was cooperating. Ahead of every 944 there in the practice and warmups, even an SP3 car. Incident in first sprint on a drying track involving an Sp1 car that eventually 13'ed and packed up, smashed rear 1/4 and LF fender that ruined cool weather soft set at the left rear.

Saturday Super Sprint was a wash (pun intended) with no wet tires and risk being too much right after hammering the car back into shape.

Sunday went much better, other than continually battening down the tent that wanted to fly off with 6 tire/wheels holding it down.

He topped all 944s again, P1 and finished 12th out of the entire field ahead of probably 1/2 of the Boxsters even.

Intermittent Sebring problem reared it's head again in the final Sunday race and the engine just cut and he coasted to a stop to be towed in.....ran to car with spare DME and it fired right up. Had previously suspected cut-off switch so at least that proved out a fix for the future for us.

Repairs to body....then off to COTA, NOLA and beyond.

Great to see friends there, made a few more.

It will be ashamed to see TWS go if that is really in the cards.

T
Old 03-17-2014, 11:40 AM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
OUT

FREAKING

STANDING

EVENT

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Makes me wish I had been there. However the birthday festivus went well enough that I got approval for day 3 at COTA next weekend .

Man, I hope the 2014 Texas Two step isn't the last one. Now that people are getting back, don't forget the petition: SaveTWS

ETA: There is also Facebook page: Save TWS Facebook

-Mike
Old 03-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Waco Racer
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a link to some results?

Quick Reply: Registration is open for the 2014 Texas Two Step at TWS -- March 14-16