Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

besides back habits he has no skill.
OUT HIM.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

That's crazy dangerous. Wow. Low-rider posture and right hand steering. Maybe to counteract his deft left foot braking?

If this stuff is already public record - and it is - then this falls to the organizers of the events (PCA or otherwise) to grow a set and invite him to stay home. No discussion.

Whether he hurts himself, or worse, a fellow participant - it's a major liability for organizers that willfully ignore such recklessness. Again, wow. Speechless.

Locally, we have curly-locked Irishman that deals with this type of nonsense pretty swiftly. Perhaps we can send him down on an exchange program to set things straight for you guys?

Cheers

Matt
Old 01-04-2014, 08:51 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Whether he hurts himself, or worse, a fellow participant - it's a major liability for organizers that willfully ignore such recklessness.
THANK YOU! Our PCA region "officials" don't share your concern.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:52 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
How much support do you have in the paddock?

If a lot, staging a Run on Day 1 where he is the only car that grids/goes out (all others fail to grid) might show the organizers that something is up and just might cause the drover a bit of introspection while he's 'hero lapping alone one handed'....

Now if you could also get the flaggers to turn their backs to the track....
+1.
Or the run group lines up but does not go out. Stand there with your helmets in your hands and turn your backs as he goes by.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:53 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
That's crazy dangerous. Wow. Low-rider posture and right hand steering. Maybe to counteract his deft left foot braking?

If this stuff is already public record - and it is - then this falls to the organizers of the events (PCA or otherwise) to grow a set and invite him to stay home. No discussion.

Whether he hurts himself, or worse, a fellow participant - it's a major liability for organizers that willfully ignore such recklessness. Again, wow. Speechless.

Locally, we have curly-locked Irishman that deals with this type of nonsense pretty swiftly. Perhaps we can send him down on an exchange program to set things straight for you guys?

Cheers

Matt
+1
Old 01-05-2014, 01:54 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Did I read correctly that this guy is also an instructor?!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:58 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Unfortunately so.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,852 Posts

"Certified"

That is a problem...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-05-2014, 09:49 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Is there a process to de-certify an instructor who publicly exhibits a disregard of the principles we are supposed to teach and follow in our behavior as drivers?
Professional societies get in trouble when they certify but then don't enforce.
And no, I'm not suggesting DE instructors are 'professionals' like doctors, lawyers, and accountants.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:50 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Definitely don't post the guy's name here. It will accomplish nothing, just as VR and others have said.

I'm a firm believer in taking action to fix things within the system that exists. Perhaps someone who understands the issue needs to get involved by volunteering for your region's board of directors, perhaps putting their name in the hat for an officer position.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Mike, sent you a PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:58 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm thinking of this in a liability related fashion. If the pca board or officials were made aware of a potentially dangerous situation or participant and did nothing about it and SOMETHING did happen, then there is grounds for a major lawsuit.

Second, I would make the driver in question and the board for the region aware of this thread so that there can be no mistake of the thoughts, intentions or consequences of inaction.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:29 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
I'm thinking of this in a liability related fashion. If the pca board or officials were made aware of a potentially dangerous situation or participant and did nothing about it and SOMETHING did happen, then there is grounds for a major lawsuit.

Second, I would make the driver in question and the board for the region aware of this thread so that there can be no mistake of the thoughts, intentions or consequences of inaction.
+1

Here's another thing you can do, if the the organizers of the event don't do something about the situation, boycott their events. If most of you are instructors they can not run an event without you, and the lost of revenue will make a statement!!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:46 PM
SiberianDVM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just watched the facebook video. Oh, my. I'm still a blue level novice, but I thank my guardian angel that I never got an instructor who drove like that. If I did, I would have bailed out of the car at the first opportunity.

Did the officials at PCA see that video?
Old 01-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Arm resting on windowsill, hand on A pillar, pinching corners and losing it umpteen times, and giving pass signals that look like it's Fonzie saying hello.. Eehhhhhhhh!!! At least the apexes have nothing to worry about...

Last edited by Gary R.; 01-05-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Your input is needed.