Sponsored by:

PCA club race at Monticello Oct 10-12

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 06:12 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
.................And DD, try to remember that there is a SuperCup contingent, we always seem to be second fiddle to Cup, even though it's clearly the pre-eminent series.
Frank...available for the position of Executive Director for Super Cup? you would fit the position perfectly.

Didn't post here re: super cup waiting for podium champagne spraying pix to come in from Rob peeps. But if were exec direct, you can make sure those details got done. Position comes with a Super Cup shirt with your name on it.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 869 Likes on 534 Posts

Race 3 - Black Group

Combined Race 4

Last edited by Frank 993 C4S; 10-14-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:59 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 46 Posts

Dave, I don't think we got any pics of the champagne shootout. Try Brian from Eurosport, he was takin a bunch of pics too.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:03 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Cup
Frank...available for the position of Executive Director for Super Cup? you would fit the position perfectly.

Didn't post here re: super cup waiting for podium champagne spraying pix to come in from Rob peeps. But if were exec direct, you can make sure those details got done. Position comes with a Super Cup shirt with your name on it.
Wow! thanks for the offer, gonna give it some thought. Always wanted to run my own series! I hear it's glamorous, and a chick magnet. Let me call Bernie and get his advice, this could be HUGE.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Jeff951NJ
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I got video of both Super Cup and Cup champagne shoot out. I will post them up as soon as I can.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:18 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff951NJ
I got video of both Super Cup and Cup champagne shoot out. I will post them up as soon as I can.
Have same. Do you have hi def stills? Thanks
Old 10-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Speedsport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedsport Tuning takes P1, P2 and P3 in GTB1

Speedsport customers Glenn Schattman (P2) and Bob Smith (P3) on the podium in GTB1 at Monticello Motor Club PCA Club Race.

Our Owner, Spencer ***, takes P1 and sets a new lap record in his Speedsport Tuning built Cayman.

Not a bad race weekend!!!

Race car builds, performance tuning and setup/suspension. Let us know how we can help you go faster.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Jeff951NJ
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Dave, yes I have a few pictures as well... I will email the videos and pictures your way.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:07 PM
aristraus
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monticello Motor Club - PCA Race Photos Link

Click HERE to view photos taken by MMC's photographer. You can also download the original, high-res files as well.

Thanks to PCA - Vicki, Marty, Bill, Susan, and all PCA Volunteers from National and Riesentöter Region - for running an amazing event, start to finish... Thanks to the entire MMC staff for providing a great country club experience, for the long hours, for opening the member's service center to assist several guests with car issues to keep them running all weekend, for the mild temps, sun (mostly), and peak fall colors, and for the hot chocolate and cookies served with smiles...

Most of all, thanks to the MMC Members. Ron and Mary Tietjen, MMC Members since 2008, suggested a 944 Cup Race that evolved into a national race. Then, it became reality once enough MMC members agreed to open the doors to guest racers for a weekend.

It's no surprise that MMC members who participated last weekend are now pushing for another PCA race in 2015. We'll see what the holidays bring...
Old 10-15-2014, 10:19 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by aristraus
Click HERE to view photos taken by MMC's photographer. You can also download the original, high-res files as well.

Thanks to PCA - Vicki, Marty, Bill, Susan, and all PCA Volunteers from National and Riesentöter Region - for running an amazing event, start to finish... Thanks to the entire MMC staff for providing a great country club experience, for the long hours, for opening the member's service center to assist several guests with car issues to keep them running all weekend, for the mild temps, sun (mostly), and peak fall colors, and for the hot chocolate and cookies served with smiles...

Most of all, thanks to the MMC Members. Ron and Mary Tietjen, MMC Members since 2008, suggested a 944 Cup Race that evolved into a national race. Then, it became reality once enough MMC members agreed to open the doors to guest racers for a weekend.

It's no surprise that MMC members who participated last weekend are now pushing for another PCA race in 2015. We'll see what the holidays bring...
Thank YOU Ari, for letting us play in your amazing racing venue!!!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by aristraus

thanks for the pictures and hospitality Ari, hope to see you soon at another PCA race
Old 10-15-2014, 11:50 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Some nice shots Ari. Thanks for a great event!
Old 10-16-2014, 12:36 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
103 dB max for everybody.

Black Run Group - Race I

Black Run Group - Race II

Thanks for the videos, and for being so patient and careful when the 996 GT3 cup started spewing gas all over us and the track. I could barely see, and it was SLIPPERY.... glad he finally spun in his own gas and we got around him. Of course my video camera didn't work ;(

http://bit.ly/1pf7Dgo
Old 10-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 869 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
Thanks for the videos, and for being so patient and careful when the 996 GT3 cup started spewing gas all over us and the track. I could barely see, and it was SLIPPERY.... glad he finally spun in his own gas and we got around him. Of course my video camera didn't work ;( http://bit.ly/1pf7Dgo
Mike - You really drove the wheels off that beautiful car of yours. I wasn't sure whether it was coolant, water or fuel but it didn't smell like fuel so I figured that he wasn't going to live longer than a lap anyway. Why risk anything so early in the race? Nice meeting you!

Last edited by Frank 993 C4S; 10-16-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

Here's some of my footage from race 1. I had an excellent time and really hope we get invited back!

Quick Reply: PCA club race at Monticello Oct 10-12