Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michael Stewart, PCA 'racer' hits another car (again!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
I backed into a dude at Sebring when the pits were closed, not knowing he was behind me. Offered to pay for his damage but he never took me up on it. I would like to think that If I f'ed up someones car on or off the track because of my complete stupidity I would offer to help them out.

Or at least give him an auctioned off flatscreen....
Old 10-15-2013, 11:40 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I backed into a dude at Sebring when the pits were closed, not knowing he was behind me. Offered to pay for his damage but he never took me up on it. I would like to think that If I f'ed up someones car on or off the track because of my complete stupidity I would offer to help them out.
I have found that all seasoned racers I know are a great group of people and probably share the same values we do
Old 10-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Gino230
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disclaimer: I have never raced PCA. (got the car but working on the license) However I have roadraced motorcycles for many years.

We have a couple of guys like this. My teammate got rammed IN THE PITS by said individual. No apology or action was taken. They don't show up to the rider's meetings and the race director got so many complaints that he went and got a translator and told them if they were not at the meeting, they wouldn't be on the starting line.

2 weeks ago at PBIR a big point was made to come to a stop if you cut the chicane (which can happen if you get in too hot) otherwise you are coming in on the blind side of the riders that are on the exit and there will be an incident. The first race lines up not 10 minutes after the rider's meeting, and of course, this guy cuts the chicane and doesn't stop. Now these idiots are winning some races which makes it even worse. They should know better.

The point of these stories is this:

As long as there is racing, there will be guys like this out there. If the guy doesn't respond to a face to face conversation after an incident, it's up to THE ORGANIZERS to penalize, suspend, or otherwise sanction the person. I have never met you guys in person, but c'mon, are you really going to square off with someone in the pits?

I guess the good thing about motorcycle racing is that people like this usually don't last because they will hurt themselves physically enough that at some point they don't come back. The only hope is that they don't hurt anyone else before that happens. I thought PCA was a pretty strict group when it came to things like these.....I'm surprised no action has been taken.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gino230
I'm surprised no action has been taken.
This IS the action...

The powers that be that are out there watching are conspicuously absent....
Old 10-15-2013, 12:30 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The powers that be that are out there watching are conspicuously absent....
Maybe he knows a guy that knows a guy...

Shameful. We have a similar situation with a bozo at our PCA region. Remember the infamous "A-pillar grab" GT2 video at COTA? His buddies at our region cover for him, and he hasn't admitted or even realized he's got a problem. Guys like these typically end up in a bad accident. I just hope nobody else is injured WHEN (not if) it happens.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

From my perspective GT3 racing in PCA has destroyed the "gentlemen racing" spirit and behavior that was once there and, is still alive in the lower classes. Sad. In the GT3 Cup championship (not PCA) the situation is worse. It seems as if we have deep pocket low skill racers in the mix who's only race strategy is dive bombing and taking the other guy out.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:51 PM
YourFace
Spark-plug-girl
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
From my perspective GT3 racing in PCA has destroyed the "gentlemen racing" spirit and behavior that was once there and, is still alive in the lower classes. Sad. In the GT3 Cup championship (not PCA) the situation is worse. It seems as if we have deep pocket low skill racers in the mix who's only race strategy is dive bombing and taking the other guy out.
Like hockey.. beside, if someone is paying for their toy.. why would there be any, "gentlemen racing".

Last edited by YourFace; 10-15-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YourFace
Like hockey.. beside, if someone is paying to their toy.. why would there be any, "gentlemen racing".
Need a translation.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:06 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Need a translation.
You need a Sugar Momma.

Who likes hockey.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:28 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Or at least give him an auctioned off flatscreen....
That TV is sitting in my basement - it is 720P - I plugged it in didn't like it, and now it sits. Cost me $400 tax free cash and a wrath of sheet from my wife. Not one of my better purchases, but hey - it was for charity, right?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:32 PM
YourFace
Spark-plug-girl
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need a translation.
Laymen terms, sport evolved to what it has become... Like hockey. Racing is a sport .. Right?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

That TV is sitting in my basement - it is 720P - I plugged it in didn't like it, and now it sits. Cost me $400 tax free cash and a wrath of sheet from my wife. Not one of my better purchases, but hey - it was for charity, right?
Yes Dan, it was very good of you to buy it. Can't use it as a computer screen for iRacing or is it too low res?
Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
You need a Sugar Momma.

Who likes hockey.
love hockey, still play. Since i turned 40 this year i am in an over 40 league. Had a guy the other night forget its non checking and we have to go to work the next day. So when the ref wasnt looking i took matters into my own hands and put him on the ice then went onto explain if he wants to play ruff bring it!! He stopped. May be this guy needs a talking to.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
love hockey, still play. Since i turned 40 this year i am in an over 40 league. Had a guy the other night forget its non checking and we have to go to work the next day. So when the ref wasnt looking i took matters into my own hands and put him on the ice then went onto explain if he wants to play ruff bring it!! He stopped. May be this guy needs a talking to.
So, we should hit him with a tow rig?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:30 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by morsini
So, we should hit him with a tow rig?
No, a Chrome horn!

Quick Reply: Michael Stewart, PCA 'racer' hits another car (again!)