Kimi and Alonso Silly Season

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How could the Best driver in F1 NOT be happy at his chosen team, the Best (and most favored) team in F1?

Oh, that's right, it's because he has failed to win a WDC.

Go to McLaren, you'll retire just as the Honda engine returns to F1.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:22 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Fernando Alonso: McLaren target Ferrari driver for next season
By Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer McLaren want Fernando Alonso to rejoin them next season and have made the Ferrari driver their prime target.

Asked if he wanted the double world champion, McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh said: "Yes, any team would. He's the best driver."

Lewis - I have uncovered another ball washer for you, better get him.

Randi - Whitmarsh didn't get your math model you better set him straight
Old 09-20-2013, 10:16 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,901 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
By Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer McLaren want Fernando Alonso to rejoin them next season and have made the Ferrari driver their prime target.

Asked if he wanted the double world champion, McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh said: "Yes, any team would. He's the best driver."

Touche
Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
By Andrew Benson

You ever been in sales?
Hum? Alonsa or Perez? Alonsa has more $ and is a better driver for the couple of years he has left in him. Let me see, if I butter him up maybe he will come here when Ferrari kicks him to the curb.

One thing is certain, we are going to see how DV stacks up to another quality driver in the same car over the course of a season. In the next 2 years we are going to get some answers. This may turn out to be very entertaining.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:56 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I have one question, even though I don't think it'll happen because for years I've said that Kimi is the most talented driver in F1, but what IF Fernando spanks the **** out of him?

Will all the Alonso detractors finally give him some credit or just come up with a bunch of "reasons" why it happened?

Again, I don't Alonso will do to Kimi what he's done to Massa, but what if? The beauty is, that come this time next year, we'll know the answer. I find it funny how this is main story in F1 and not that Sebastian is going to win his fourth in a row.

Damon Hill said it best I guess, "if you've the best car, it's a no win situation. Because if you win, then that's what's expected and if you lose then you shouldn't even be allowed to drive a lory"...

Does anyone believe that if paired up on equal terms with Kimi, Alonso or even Lewis, that Vettel would still be a the #1 drover at RedBull?

It's surely going to be an entertaining 2014 season.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:19 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,901 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
I have one question, even though I don't think it'll happen because for years I've said that Kimi is the most talented driver in F1, but what IF Fernando spanks the **** out of him?

Will all the Alonso detractors finally give him some credit or just come up with a bunch of "reasons" why it happened?

Again, I don't Alonso will do to Kimi what he's done to Massa, but what if? The beauty is, that come this time next year, we'll know the answer. I find it funny how this is main story in F1 and not that Sebastian is going to win his fourth in a row.

Damon Hill said it best I guess, "if you've the best car, it's a no win situation. Because if you win, then that's what's expected and if you lose then you shouldn't even be allowed to drive a lory"...

Does anyone believe that if paired up on equal terms with Kimi, Alonso or even Lewis, that Vettel would still be a the #1 drover at RedBull?

It's surely going to be an entertaining 2014 season.
History is on the detractor's side. Alonso has always had a weak teammate (Fisi, Trulli, Piquet Jr., Massa post accident), with the exception of one year when he was SUPPOSED TO HAVE a weak teammate and it turned out to be a rookie sensation/real deal.

In order to maintain the coveted #1 status over a rookie, Alonso resorted to sabotaging a pit stop and blackmail.

I'll go one further and say that Alonso is so used to being the #1 driver everywhere he has gone and clearly the golden child at Ferrari for the past 4 years that when he discovers he is no longer wanted at Ferrari except for the Santander $$ he brings to the table and Kimi is more warmly received than he would have expected, Alonso's head is going to explode and should the F2014 not be a good car, may not finish out the season with Ferrari if they are out of it by Sept. of next year.

Not one single interview of everyone in paddock has said this is going to be a harmonious relationship -- and they are not pinning this on Kimi and his easy going demeanor.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:33 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
^^^^^

Yes it is.

Time for him to go back and do that jail time he missed out on .

Has he ever been in anything where he did not comit fraud, or cheat, or steal, or otherwise turn in to a mess .

Ferrari and no other F1 team would touch him with anything but 10 foot chain and shackle if they have any sense .
I'm sure there are a couple of NASCAR teams that would be glad to have him.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
I'm sure there are a couple of NASCAR teams that would be glad to have him.
Alonso and Danica in the same series .... be still my beating heart.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Alonso and Danica in the same series .... be still my beating heart.
He was talking about Briatore not Fernando
Old 09-20-2013, 10:20 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
He was talking about Briatore not Fernando
And the difference between Alonso and Flavio is ? .....

Quick Reply: Kimi and Alonso Silly Season