Kimi and Alonso Silly Season

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013 | 10:36 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
If they win, no
If they lose, of course it will be (insert name here) fault.

Luca has been on a bit of a drunken spending spree (of course he can be since he is guaranteed 50M from Bernie every season, just because its Ferrari, before they get their Constructor's money and Santander's check).
He has hired Allison, Rory and now de Beers ... and I'm sure others.
Plenty of talent, of course if you add up their IQ's i'm not sure it still exceeds Newey's.
But then again, I'm not so sure Ferrari is very good at "management" ... race or technical.
Who is ultimately in charge of the 2014 challenger? Tombasis (I will cut him some slack since he is a fellow Greek), Dominicalli, Rory?

5 engines for the entire season is going to be a bit of a challenge ... who is going to blink and dial their engine back?
How long before Ferrari goes to the FIA for one of their "reliability improvements that has nothing to do with performance" requests?

How long before Alonso parks in the pits and keeps Kimi stacked behind him?
Ferrari will not be alone in requesting "reliability improvements". 5 motors for a season will be a nightmare. If Princess pulls a stunt like parking in the pits and does not produce I fear Tombasis and Luca will hold the Princess so Kimi can beat the crap out of her.
Old 09-15-2013 | 12:27 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by FGL28
Ferrari will not be alone in requesting "reliability improvements". 5 motors for a season will be a nightmare. If Princess pulls a stunt like parking in the pits and does not produce I fear Tombasis and Luca will hold the Princess so Kimi can beat the crap out of her.
Hater
Old 09-15-2013 | 04:12 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Sounds like you are concerned your boy might not be up to the task. Already making excuses?
Seriously? What's up with you? Just want to create drama or what? OT are you just jealous because I've shared a gin & tonic with Fernando?

Let it go, I complimented him in that post, happy to see him & Kimi together, you should also, probably the one and only top driver Freddy can get along since Kimi doesn't give a ***.

Originally Posted by ltc
If they win, no
If they lose, of course it will be (insert name here) fault.

Luca has been on a bit of a drunken spending spree (of course he can be since he is guaranteed 50M from Bernie every season, just because its Ferrari, before they get their Constructor's money and Santander's check).
He has hired Allison, Rory and now de Beers ... and I'm sure others.
Plenty of talent, of course if you add up their IQ's i'm not sure it still exceeds Newey's.
But then again, I'm not so sure Ferrari is very good at "management" ... race or technical.
Who is ultimately in charge of the 2014 challenger? Tombasis (I will cut him some slack since he is a fellow Greek), Dominicalli, Rory?

5 engines for the entire season is going to be a bit of a challenge ... who is going to blink and dial their engine back?
How long before Ferrari goes to the FIA for one of their "reliability improvements that has nothing to do with performance" requests?

How long before Alonso parks in the pits and keeps Kimi stacked behind him?
You're always over the top but this time right also.

Ferrari used to be "all Italian", sucked, then went "International" (Todt, Brawn etc.) and went a bit back to "all Italian",which hasn't really worked. Now they're going back to "lets just get best people regardless where they're from (Kimi is one of them) and I think they'll be successful.
Enough to win? Hard to say but no doubt they'll be top 3.
Old 09-15-2013 | 07:59 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

You're always over the top but this time right also.

Ferrari used to be "all Italian", sucked, then went "International" (Todt, Brawn etc.) and went a bit back to "all Italian",which hasn't really worked. Now they're going back to "lets just get best people regardless where they're from (Kimi is one of them) and I think they'll be successful.
Enough to win? Hard to say but no doubt they'll be top 3.
Thank you.
When it comes to the Alonso Athletic Supporters, being over the top is preferred to being right, since facts and majority opinions are irrelevant.
But being both right AND over the top ... Extra credit

Ferrari will be good, no doubt, they almost always are.
Very large budget (thanks to Bernie and lemmings who still buy Enzo's road cars), Tifosi, an excellent engine department (the opposite of their wind tunnel department of the week).

I like Domemicalli and think he has done a good job as team principal and DV baby sitter. It will sad to see Smedley leave. The mechanics have been very good with pit stop times.

Basically everything they need to be successful with Kimi, in spite of DV's predicted drama behind the scenes.
Old 09-15-2013 | 11:44 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I can understand why Massa would say such a thing, but believe he is a little confused. First, he raced Schumacher and Kimi during his prime and pre accident years. Schumacher was in his final year at Ferrari and showing he was making a mistake here and there, not the Schumacher of his prime. Massa won a few races against Schumacher and almost a WDC against teammate Kimi. Against Alonso, he hasn't won a race in 70 attempts, but this is post accident where he hasn't been at his best, so it's understandable that he would say that.

There is no need to mention the fact of championships while each was at the Scuderia is there? Lewis what are the stats again?
Old 09-15-2013 | 12:37 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
I can understand why Massa would say such a thing, but believe he is a little confused. First, he raced Schumacher and Kimi during his prime and pre accident years. Schumacher was in his final year at Ferrari and showing he was making a mistake here and there, not the Schumacher of his prime. Massa won a few races against Schumacher and almost a WDC against teammate Kimi. Against Alonso, he hasn't won a race in 70 attempts, but this is post accident where he hasn't been at his best, so it's understandable that he would say that.

There is no need to mention the fact of championships while each was at the Scuderia is there? Lewis what are the stats again?
Pete - Thanks for your view but I thought he was pretty clear, FA is the most complete driver he has ever partnered with.
Old 09-15-2013 | 01:35 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Oh. Facts/shmacks.

Originally Posted by agdamis
Pete - Thanks for your view but I thought he was pretty clear, FA is the most complete driver he has ever partnered with.
Well, of course he is to the Athletic Supporter fan club members and the guy who couldn't get a win in 70 races in Ferrari.

(2nd + 2nd = 1st) + (2nd + 2nd) = Best Driver Ever. Don't fret fans, you have a lot of support for your version of math here in the USA.
Old 09-15-2013 | 03:52 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Oh. Facts/shmacks.

Well, of course he is to the Athletic Supporter fan club members and the guy who couldn't get a win in 70 races in Ferrari.

(2nd + 2nd = 1st) + (2nd + 2nd) = Best Driver Ever. Don't fret fans, you have a lot of support for your version of math here in the USA.
Randy - don't get upset, I just think Massa expressed his opinion, whether you like it or not, that is his public view, please feel free to take it up with Felipe.
Old 09-15-2013 | 04:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Hold on a second, I need to consult the Cray supercomputer to calculate Alnso's stats....

Ok, here it is, Ferrari WDC by driver:

Schumacher: 5 (consecutive, but let's not boast)
Kimi: 1
Massa : 1 for 10 seconds, 2nd place in the end (thanks Timo)

THE BEST MOST COMPLETE (aka DV): Zero, Nada, Zip, Null 0 , never even sniffed a WDC.
Old 09-15-2013 | 04:59 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

I see where Pete is coming from as well as Massa. I'm never going to say that a 7 time world champion is not a complete driver because you can't win that much by accident. You might be able to luck into one WDC like Button and Hamilton did, but you don't win 2 WDC by chance either.

By the same token, Alonso has had a ton of bad luck and should have won at least 2 with Ferrari.

2010 - team screws up strategy and covers webber but not Vettel

2012 - Alonso is still in WDC fight during parts of the last race of the year, but Vettel finished a couple places ahead of where Alonso would have been WDC.

These are the facts
Old 09-15-2013 | 05:03 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Default It pays to be THE BEST

Why finish first when 2ndnplace pays so well?
Enjoy Luca...

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...t-s-top-earner

Fernando Alonso pocketed in the region of $30million last year, making him the highest paid driver in motorsport in the latest Forbes rich list.

The two-time World Champion is estimated to have earned about $28m in salary and winnings through his Ferrari contract, while endorsement deals gave him another $2m.

The Spaniard's current deal with the Italian team runs until the end of the 2016 season, but it remains to be seen if his new team-mate Kimi Raikkonen, who will rejoin from 2015, will make the list next year as he is rumoured to have signed a $20m per annum deal.

Lewis Hamilton sits second on the list following his move from McLaren to Mercedes at the end of last year. The 2008 World Champion's contract and winnings totalled to about $26m.

NASCAR duo Dale Earnhardt Jr, who was voted the sport's most popular driver for the 10th straight year in 2012, and Jimmie Johnson were third and fourth respectively.

Seven-time MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi sits fifth on the list despite taking a pay cut to rejoin Yamaha at the start of this season. The 34-year-old Italian is the only MotoGP rider in the top 10 and his endorsement deals were nearly worth as much as his salary.

Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon, also from NASCAR, are sixth and seventh and they are followed by three-time World Champion Sebastian Vettel.

The Red Bull driver's total earnings are nearly half of that of Alonso while 2009 World Champion Jenson Button from McLaren completes the top 10.

The Forbes list, which includes earnings between June 2012 and June 2013, is derived from salaries, bonuses, endorsements, as well as the drivers' shares of winnings and licensing.

Full list:
1. Fernando Alonso F1 - $30m (salary/winnnings $28m; endorsements $2m)
2. Lewis Hamilton, F1 - $27.5m (salary/winnnings $26m; endorsements $1.5m)
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr, NASCAR - $26m (salary/winnnings $13m; endorsements $13m)
4. Jimmie Johnson, NASCAR - $24m (salary/winnnings $17.3m; endorsements $6.7m)
5. Valentino Rossi, MotoGP - $22m (salary/winnnings $12m; endorsements $10m)
6. Tony Stewart, NASCAR - $18.5m (salary/winnnings $12.5m; endorsements $6m)
7. Jeff Gordon, NASCAR - $18.2m (salary/winnnings $12.7m; endorsements $5.5m)
8. Sebastian Vettel, F1 - $18m (salary/winnnings $17m; endorsements $1m)
9. Danica Patrick, NASCAR - $15m (salary/winnnings $6m; endorsements $9m)
10. Jenson Button, F1 - $14m (salary/winnnings $14m)
Old 09-15-2013 | 05:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
I see where Pete is coming from as well as Massa. I'm never going to say that a 7 time world champion is not a complete driver because you can't win that much by accident. You might be able to luck into one WDC like Button and Hamilton did, but you don't win 2 WDC by chance either.

By the same token, Alonso has had a ton of bad luck and should have won at least 2 with Ferrari.

2012 - Alonso is still in WDC fight during parts of the last race of the year, but Vettel finished a couple places ahead of where Alonso would have been WDC.

These are the facts
Yes, should have, but didnt.

By the same "logic", Schumacher should have won x6 at Suzuka, but suffered a rare Ferrari engine failure, giving the WDC to Alonso...oh, so long ago.
Old 09-15-2013 | 07:10 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

Ok, here it is, Ferrari WDC by driver:

THE BEST MOST COMPLETE (aka DV): ........ , never even sniffed a WDC.
Made me howl
Old 09-15-2013 | 07:14 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees

These are the facts
2010 - So, he had a capable car, but the 'Best Driver in F1' was not able to get it done. Was that the Russian in a donkey cart year?

2012 - Yes, Vettel finished a couple of places better because he out drove everyone else on the circuit.

IIRC that was the race where Vettel fell far down the order and had work all the way back through most of the field to earn that WDC. He even got blocked by his teammate. He did what he had to do to win. I guess he bested the best that day or.....what?

You are correct, those are the facts.
Old 09-15-2013 | 07:34 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by paradisenb
2010 - So, he had a capable car, but the 'Best Driver in F1' was not able to get it done. Was that the Russian in a donkey cart year?

2012 - Yes, Vettel finished a couple of places better because he out drove everyone else on the circuit.

IIRC that was the race where Vettel fell far down the order and had work all the way back through most of the field to earn that WDC. He even got blocked by his teammate. He did what he had to do to win. I guess he bested the best that day or.....what?

You are correct, those are the facts.
Let us not forget...even if THE BEST had somehow managed to pass Petrov in that Renault (re: conspiracy) powered donkey kart, THE BEST (and he is THE BEST at passing in F1) would then have had to pass Rosberg IIRC. In the end, it was irrelevant since Petrov drove so well.
Entered the final race leading the points ... lost the WDC to the person who entered the race in 3rd place points ... epic fail.

But, but, but....what about when Vettel passed under Yellow ... Its on Youtube !!!

Quick Reply: Kimi and Alonso Silly Season