Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a new Recaro seat......

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 09:18 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

I just had a conversation with an experienced crash safety and injury biomechanics expert, who is an FIA Fellow, etc. He told me that SFI 39.2 was the way to go. He said that the shoulder supports are critical when side head restraints are present...otherwise, they are more dangerous than non-halo seats.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:25 AM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morsini
Nope, just took measurements and went to "try them on". I have Recaro mounting hardware. With all of the safety crap I can't get out as easily so now I had to get a quick release for the wheel. I'm not sure I'm safer, but I have considerably lightened my wallet.

I measured the seat as something like 37" tall and that wasn't going to make it in the car with the sliders and mounting equipment that I had. So, agreed.
Forgot about this conversation. Had to go back and get the Recaro and lower the mounts/mounting points to get it to fit as the OMP seat would have required cutting to clear the trans tunnel. Love, love, love the Recaro. I've never felt as confident in the car as I do with this seat.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a new Recaro seat......