Sponsored by:

traqmate traqdash users, is traqstudio worth it

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:51 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,167 Likes on 1,831 Posts

I still like TraqStudio for both manual and electronically linked synching, if you have a Traqmate.

No better feature than the TraqStudio-generated video theoretical best lap, IMO.

For simplicity and moving between multiple vehicles, I am often manually turning on and off the self-contained cameras, manually turning on and off my battery powered Traqmate Basic and then manually synching them in TraqStudio, generating that video TBL and then burning it to a USB stick for my client to take back to the hotel room and study at night. Cool stuff!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DCP
Peter: I have the Traqmate GoPro module. Would I need to replace it to be able to have my Traqdash control a Replay?
You might just want to find someone with an HD2 who will trade for your HD3 (plus cash for the Black Edition), then use your HD2 Pro box with a cable and you're set.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:05 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

peter i tried giving you a ring and sent you an email regarding the camera thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 12:13 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ajcjr
peter i tried giving you a ring and sent you an email regarding the camera thanks
Will call you RIGHT back! Thanks for your patience.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:04 PM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProCoach
You might just want to find someone with an HD2 who will trade for your HD3 (plus cash for the Black Edition), then use your HD2 Pro box with a cable and you're set.
I bought the GoPro module to get the other data inputs and with the goal of adding a camera later. This thread is making me think that I prefer to have something other than a GoPro camera. I have a cable that came with the GoPro, but I have paid no attention to it. I will look at it and will be in touch,

Thanks for your advice.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:36 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I think the GoPro does fine, but it doesn't particularly age well. Remember, the GoPro and the Replay are both cheap cameras, albeit in HD. I think if you have the stuff for the GoPro, get an HD 2 and use it.

If you don't have the stuff for an HD 1 or HD 2, or if you have a HD 3, get a setup for the Replay XD 1080.

Here is a sample of the manually synced (with TraqStudio) Traqmate data using an HD3. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...60212829104627
Old 07-31-2013, 02:57 PM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the GoPro does fine, but it doesn't particularly age well. Remember, the GoPro and the Replay are both cheap cameras, albeit in HD. I think if you have the stuff for the GoPro, get an HD 2 and use it.

If you don't have the stuff for an HD 1 or HD 2, or if you have a HD 3, get a setup for the Replay XD 1080.

Here is a sample of the manually synced (with TraqStudio) Traqmate data using an HD3. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...60212829104627
Thanks.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Looks like Traqmate is going out of their way to help ajcjr get the right stuff to run the Replay! Great deal!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Looks like Traqmate is going out of their way to help ajcjr get the right stuff to run the Replay! Great deal!
Ron at traqmate was very helpful. Replay will be in the car for the next race.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 AM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the TraqeMate with Gopro module and GoPro2 camera (s). One year later it has never started and stopped as it is supposed to. The Firmware on GP is a PITA, don't upgrade Frimware or your GP or won't work. TM has slow and limited support, IE it sucks. I have had to "unbrick" 2 cameras multiple times after firmware upgrades and it still doesn't work. I'm in the software business, don't go GoPro. No good way to keep the GoPro charged, is also a big PITA. The Sony Cam setup is much more reliable, hard wired for power and worked out of the box. Maybe the Replay is the camera to get (now), but I'm voting with my feet.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:07 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by por944s2
I have the TraqeMate with Gopro module and GoPro2 camera (s). One year later it has never started and stopped as it is supposed to. The Firmware on GP is a PITA, don't upgrade Frimware or your GP or won't work. TM has slow and limited support, IE it sucks. I have had to "unbrick" 2 cameras multiple times after firmware upgrades and it still doesn't work. I'm in the software business, don't go GoPro. No good way to keep the GoPro charged, is also a big PITA. The Sony Cam setup is much more reliable, hard wired for power and worked out of the box. Maybe the Replay is the camera to get (now), but I'm voting with my feet.

I used the replay camera at my last race. It started and stopped perfectly with the traqmate dash. Now im just working on where to place it on my car. I also have it hooked up to charge when on so i never have to disconnect it.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:24 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ajcjr
I used the replay camera at my last race. It started and stopped perfectly with the traqmate dash. Now im just working on where to place it on my car. I also have it hooked up to charge when on so i never have to disconnect it.
Good to hear! Higher, just off to the right from center, but aimed at the centerline of the car and down 10-15 degrees from horizontal not to get too much sky...

Really recommend the charging I/O box option if connected to the Traqmate, then you don't have to remember to charge it.

Quick Reply: traqmate traqdash users, is traqstudio worth it