Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schattenbaum Showdown at NJMP Aug 23/26

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013 | 07:39 PM
bpf1970
Track Day

Originally Posted by danielyonker
I think all races should be points races. I'm basically thinking about not running on Saturday as I don't know if it is worth the risk.....If I get in an incident on Saturday then I can't compete on Sunday. Seems I'm more concerned with getting friggin' points than racing, an internal conundrum with which I am not comfortable.
Agreed - It's a shame that the early or "pre-points" races are made out to seem less significant than the others... especially for those who are in the hunt for a points championship.

I'd suggest you go ahead and race on Saturday.... I've never been to TBolt and I've been planning on learning the track by following you. I figure I can hang with you for two corners per session and there are 12 corners so we'll need to be on the track together at least 6 times .

BTW - I'll be campaigning Glen's old car and it will be a weekend of many firsts for me....
First time at TBolt
First time to drive a 911.... let alone race one
First time in the "Cup" run group
First time with the "East Coast" contingent

I may as well put a big X on the back of the car!

All this said, I'm genuinely looking forward to the weekend and hope to get in some respectable racing along with making some new friends.
Old 08-19-2013 | 09:47 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Originally Posted by bpf1970
Agreed - It's a shame that the early or "pre-points" races are made out to seem less significant than the others... especially for those who are in the hunt for a points championship.

I'd suggest you go ahead and race on Saturday.... I've never been to TBolt and I've been planning on learning the track by following you. I figure I can hang with you for two corners per session and there are 12 corners so we'll need to be on the track together at least 6 times .

BTW - I'll be campaigning Glen's old car and it will be a weekend of many firsts for me....
First time at TBolt
First time to drive a 911.... let alone race one
First time in the "Cup" run group
First time with the "East Coast" contingent

I may as well put a big X on the back of the car!

All this said, I'm genuinely looking forward to the weekend and hope to get in some respectable racing along with making some new friends.
Holy cow! You are biting off a lot, for sure. Glen's car is a monster with the new DAWE motor....you will have a blast, I'm sure. Look forward to meeting you.

Video from the PCA/ARCA qualifying on Sunday (1:24.02). I didn't get to run Friday or Saturday, so I had to get up to speed quickly. Unfortunately there was no one in class for the race (big bummer). https://vimeo.com/72618667
Old 08-19-2013 | 10:29 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by por944s2
Blue Sprint, anyone know if they will be a split start, my guess is it will be?
With 24 SP944's cars, the answer is yes.
Old 08-19-2013 | 11:15 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure which of the three sprints are for 944Cup points, if not all three.
Anybody know? I'm asking about 944Cup Series, not Rennpoints.
If there is one that is not part of our series, I propose we not do a split on that one.

Anybody bringing a mountain bike, I plan to explore some of the nearby dirt bike paths in the late afternoons....

Last edited by gums; 08-20-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-20-2013 | 10:24 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gums
I'm not sure which of the three sprints are for 944Cup points, if not all three.
Anybody know? I'm asking about 944Cup Series, not Rennpoints.
If there is one that is not part of our series, I propose we not do a split on that one.
The internet provides all the answers: www.44cup.com/north
Old 08-20-2013 | 01:26 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

I think all races should be points races. I'm basically thinking about not running on Saturday as I don't know if it is worth the risk.....If I get in an incident on Saturday then I can't compete on Sunday. Seems I'm more concerned with getting friggin' points than racing, an internal conundrum with which I am not comfortable.
But then you start at the back of field on Sunday, no?
Old 08-20-2013 | 01:40 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
If these races are run as they normally are, starting grid is based on your runs last best time, so I would say you are correct... but they occasionally toss in a curve ball like using your best time for all races, etc.
Old 08-20-2013 | 01:50 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by good hands
I assume both points races are Sunday ? I wonder if PCA is looking at changing this next year.
I think all races should be points races. why should race 1 be valueless compared to race 3/endure? I think it could conceivably create a disincentive to race 1,2 as Yonks has emoted. you put $1500 tires on a car, burn up $200 in fuel, why should that race mean zero in a championship hunt?

lastly, and I mean no disrespect tot hose chasing a championship, but is it really worth it to skip the fun of racing, of track time, in hunt of a pca championship? do they even post championship standings some place?
im not knocking the series, but im just saying, is it really worth skipping 2 races in pursuit of it?
and getting back to the main point, PCA should make you have to make that decision.
personally, I almost always race fri/Saturday and then bolt sunday or earlier if no competition. would be nice to get some points for Saturday stuff.
Old 08-20-2013 | 02:15 PM
bpf1970
Track Day

Originally Posted by Nizer
All you have to do is run a couple of fast laps (one, actually) in the last "non points" race as they usually grid by fastest lap of the previous race.
Old 08-20-2013 | 02:21 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 944Cup
The internet provides all the answers: www.44cup.com/north
And so does DD!

So, I assume split starts for all 3.
Interestingly, the Blue group seems a little different this time.
Could have been the first time I grouped with Paolo and Gary.
Old 08-20-2013 | 02:22 PM
bpf1970
Track Day

Holy cow! You are biting off a lot, for sure. Glen's car is a monster with the new DAWE motor....you will have a blast, I'm sure. Look forward to meeting you.

Video from the PCA/ARCA qualifying on Sunday (1:24.02). I didn't get to run Friday or Saturday, so I had to get up to speed quickly. Unfortunately there was no one in class for the race (big bummer). https://vimeo.com/72618667
WOW - you made absolutely made the track your B****! How on earth did you improve your lap record by almost 3 full seconds?
Fantastic driving... smooth defined!
You take a little different line through 10 than most as you maintain mid track longer resulting in a later apex. It clearly works!
Old 08-20-2013 | 02:33 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

And so does DD!

Looking forward to racing with you Franco!
Old 08-20-2013 | 02:35 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

We won't likely be racing together, unless a yellow bunches the field.
But we can look out for each other during the earlier sessions.
Should be fun.
Old 08-20-2013 | 02:58 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SG-ZSAMotorsport
I think all races should be points races. why should race 1 be valueless compared to race 3/endure? I think it could conceivably create a disincentive to race 1,2 as Yonks has emoted. you put $1500 tires on a car, burn up $200 in fuel, why should that race mean zero in a championship hunt?

lastly, and I mean no disrespect tot hose chasing a championship, but is it really worth it to skip the fun of racing, of track time, in hunt of a pca championship? do they even post championship standings some place?
im not knocking the series, but im just saying, is it really worth skipping 2 races in pursuit of it?
and getting back to the main point, PCA should make you have to make that decision.
personally, I almost always race fri/Saturday and then bolt sunday or earlier if no competition. would be nice to get some points for Saturday stuff.
Agreed.

And where are you finding tires for $1,500?

http://www.rennpoints.com/points/?cl...ne=0&year=2013

Originally Posted by bpf1970
All you have to do is run a couple of fast laps (one, actually) in the last "non points" race as they usually grid by fastest lap of the previous race.
Good point.
Old 08-20-2013 | 03:08 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

And so does DD!

We were grouped with the SP cars two years ago (maybe not SP3?), and I believe last year, with staggered starts. I remember two years ago the best, I named it the "SP2 Double Yellow Debacle that cost me 1st Overall Race"...

Quick Reply: Schattenbaum Showdown at NJMP Aug 23/26