jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Old 08-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Provost Motorsports
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT

My first time to the track, nice how close it was (despite traffic there and back making it seem further away ...who woulda thought 95 would have traffic.
was having issues (leaking caliper, etc) first day so i was thinking of other things than the track....then noticed i was holding up a SP2 car....pointed him by and tucked in behind....low and behold 1 lap and he opened my eyes to teh track....THANK YOU and sorry if i held you up too long.
No Problem dude...didnt mind showing you the line. Amazing how much faster you were after following me for only 2 laps
Old 08-26-2013, 04:28 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Had a great time. First time there. People said you had to use the curbing. I did, but probably a little too much .. 2nd sprint bent left front strut and had to sit out the points races. Had a blast racing against Dunnigan for first in H. Ran nose to tail with a GTB1 car for the first 15 minutes (could not get around him, even though I was much quicker) and nose to tail with Dunnigan for the last 15 minutes. Finally got around him at T1 with 3 laps to go, but straddled the curbing between T1 and T2 and my deep sump oil pan started banging it pretty hard. Had to ease off the gas and he took P1 back at T2. Some of the most fun racing I've had.

Nice Job Evan! Sorry to hear about the motor Frank. And thanks Bob T for the pointers .. dropped down to a 1:29.1

Old 08-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Yellow996
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Yeah, funny how that happened.

Of course, the $50 from Dunigan slowed my car down considerably. In all seriousness, we were playing around with some suspension and tire issues all weekend.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:19 PM
DDun911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

It was great fun racing Ryan. I gave David a talking to when we got back to the paddock for slowing you down (and a beer). Looking forward to doing it again at Summit Point.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
....then noticed i was holding up a SP2 car....pointed him by and tucked in behind....low and behold 1 lap and he opened my eyes to teh track....THANK YOU and sorry if i held you up too long.
Originally Posted by Provost Motorsports
No Problem dude...didnt mind showing you the line. Amazing how much faster you were after following me for only 2 laps
Now that's cool.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

If anyone has an email address for Rob Branthover, could you please PM me with it. I just went back and looked at my video of qualifying and I pulled an unintentional bone head move on him that deserves an apology.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2013, 06:00 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

My car was way down on power and had some mysterious smoke coming from it so I parked it. Sucks being a spectator.

A big Thank you to Mike at Body Motion for taking a look at it. Those guys are first class.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:15 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
If anyone has an email address for Rob Branthover, could you please PM me with it. I just went back and looked at my video of qualifying and I pulled an unintentional bone head move on him that deserves an apology.

Thanks
He's on Rennlist. por944s2. his avatar is a white Firehawk.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sean, thanks for the post. My avatar is still #51, and this was the first event that I was able to "really" compete in this new to me 968 (Jim Clemons old car). Sorry for being a little short with you afterwards as well, but I was jacked up!! Looking at the video, I clearly took one for the team, as contact in that turn at those speeds would have not ended well for either of us, IMHO!! Splitters are cheap compared to body panels. Otherwise a great weekend. Sorry to hear about your motor issues and I had some as well, so no enduro for me either. Looking forward to Summit Point.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:22 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks
Sean, I've got great footage chasing you in qualifying, including the above referenced move, which I will spare you unless you don't mind.
You can PM Rob Branthrower at Por944s2, he pays attention.

I have to concur with all of the positive feedback on this event, perfect weather, great circuit (fast and safe), great facility (staying in a suite) and fantastic comeraderie.
Once Provost saved me with a spare part that I never knew existed I had it all going for a perfect weekend, P1 in Qualifying, dueled like I've never done with Branthrower, totally heads up, I prevailed in Sprint one and two (the latter coming out of octopus on the last lap!), then got Worker's Choice award at dinner....it was too good to last.
First thing Sat morning we went at it wheel to wheel again swapping and I'm afraid I dive-bombed him and made light contact. We probably should have stayed out, cuz it ruined our race to stop, but I played by the rules and pitted.
I've got everything on vid and will be editing and posting as I can.
The request line is open. (blue group).
Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by por944s2
Sean, thanks for the post. My avatar is still #51, and this was the first event that I was able to "really" compete in this new to me 968 (Jim Clemons old car). Sorry for being a little short with you afterwards as well, but I was jacked up!! Looking at the video, I clearly took one for the team, as contact in that turn at those speeds would have not ended well for either of us, IMHO!! Splitters are cheap compared to body panels. Otherwise a great weekend. Sorry to hear about your motor issues and I had some as well, so no enduro for me either. Looking forward to Summit Point.
You had every right to be pissed - I f'ed that one up! I really am sorry about that. Buy you a beer at summit.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

You had every right to be pissed - I f'ed that one up! I really am sorry about that. Buy you a beer at summit.
Video!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:53 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 175 Posts

Big disappointment for me. After overcoming a bad wheel bearing that kept me from qualifying, I was actually looking forward to starting from the back on Sat but it was not to be. A bad foot got worse and I had to head home and to the ER. I've been in the hospital since. Several people I need to thank for help with the car and the foot when I have something besides iPhone and I'm not looped on meds. Sorry I missed the fun. Hopefully I'll make it to Summit.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry to hear about your foot Scott, get well soon!!

Quick Reply: Schattenbaum Showdown at NJMP Aug 23/26