Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
Lewis - You have a very short memory my friend. Have you already forgotten about Malaysia and your friend's antics at Red Bull and Mercedes. Team orders Lewis exist at every team, grow up and realize it.

I hope Massa and Alonso deliver a one - two regardless of the order.
A. I refuse to grow up. I've been around old people...I am not going there.

B. the only "friend" at RBR would be Newey. Fascinating individual.

C. Alonso can talk about harmony at Ferrari, simply because it is true. He will never have to race a teammate, similar to Button/Hamilton, Vettel/Webber. It is a manufactured harmony, due to how Ferrari treats their drivers.

D. Alonso has an interesting history when he has to actually compete within a team. McLaren was interesting against Hamilton ... Not exactly the same as having Piquet Jr. as a teammate. Not surprising at Renault, since Flavio was team principal and his manager.

E. this season has no drama. Even a blind man can see that Alonso is going to win the WDC...so what's the point of further discussion or speculation.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:13 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

the only "friend" at RBR would be Newey. Fascinating individual.

You mean the same Adrian Newey that designed Senna's car that took him to the grave, right? Both him and Pat Head were actually charged with manslaughter after Senna's death. By his own admission, the steering column on Senna's car was a faulty design:

"There's no doubt that the steering column failed and the big question was whether it failed in the accident or did it cause the accident? It had fatigue cracks in it and it would have failed at some point. There is no question that its design was very poor. However, all the evidence suggests the car did not go off the track as a result of steering column failure."

After the crash, the Williams team conveniently kept Senna's car crashbox. When it was turned over to Italian authorities (a full month later) it was unreadable. So, Newey's statements are "fishy", at best, and criminal, at worst.

Yes, "fascinating" indeed. I cringe everytime he's called a genius. Talented? No doubt. A genius? I don't think so.
Trust me, I'm not a "conspiracy theory" nutjob, just find it hard to swallow when everybody kisses this guy's *** like he's some sort of genius. Rant over.

Alonso FTW, by the way.

Last edited by jbossolo; 04-21-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Alonso for the win. The Ferrari has the race pace if not the qualifying pace.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:15 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bahrain went from promising to a disaster for Ferrari
Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to Vettel and Red Bull for their win. Congrats also to Lotus. They may not be doing everything right on Saturday, but they sure are doing something right on Sundays and that should keep the Iceman in the hunt. Good hard racing all around throughout the entire pack, the medium/hard tires were just right at this track.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:22 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

from the drop of the flag it was a good hard race from many of the pilots.

well done Seb and superb race from Lotus........my man Kimi and his 'buddy' Grosjean managed their tyres and strategy perfectly.

on to Spain

Last edited by the flyin' scotsman; 04-21-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:57 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

What a race!!! Unfortunately not the race Ferrari was expecting through no fault of both their drivers with a faulty rear wing on Alonsos car and two delaminations on Massas car, but I'm sure haters like LTC are popping their own rose water today.

I suppose those that believe Webber is on par with Vettel got another dose of reality today. Vettel showed both pace and race craft from start to finish. webber showed everyone how he continues to cut over on other drivers and lose positions from start to finisih.

Perez either grew up today or will have his wings clipped by McLaren, we'll see in Spain in two weeks
Old 04-21-2013, 01:36 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,474 Likes on 2,070 Posts

WOW!!!! that was awesome...

As a Ferrari fan, I'm not too happy about the mechanical/tire issues both cars had, especially since Alonso only finished 37.5 seconds behind Vettel with an extra pitstop on back to back laps and no use of the DRS. I truly believe he is the only one that could have challenged Vettel for the race win.

Drive of the race goes to Kimi, no question. Starts 8th and comes home 2nd with only 9 second gap to Vettel and sits only 10 points behind Vettel in the championship points after 4 races. If Vettel has any DNFs look out, the Ice Man could steal the WDC. Numbers: Kimi has now finished 21 STRAIGHT F1 GPs! unbelievable

Although I'm not a fan of McLaren, I do respect their "no team orders" and let their drivers race.... Perez vs. Button was fun to watch. Kudos to Perez for a spirited race.

Vettel is a racer and proved it yet again today. He looks like a genius now for overtaking Webber because if had hadn't, Kimi would only be 3 points behind him. Numbers: Vettel 77 points, Webber 32. Even if Vettel had held station in Malaysia, it would be Vettel 70 points, Webber 39. Webber is lucky to be in the Red Bull chassis and should accept that he is barely qualified to be a #2 to Vettel. Accept your roll or leave as he is certainly the modern day Coulthard with his ability to hit other drivers race after race.

Thumbs up to RBR for putting a woman on the podium to accept the constructors trophy... the first time a woman has been on podium in F1 for 27 years and to do it in a country where they treat woman as 2nd class citizens is nothing short of fantastic.

Finally, kudos to NBCSN for their coverage of F1 so far this year. The pre-race show with American Alexander Rossi and the US Navy in Bahrain was terrific and their post race show is WAY BETTER than the SPEED TV coverage. The side by side coverage or Picture in Pictures is great!

The European leg of the season should be great with the anticipated upgrades to everyone up and down the paddock.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent RACING. I hope Pirelli makes equally good tire decisions moving forward so the boys can continue to compete with each other.

Seb - Anyone still holding out that the guy can not pass or that he's not one of the best, if not the best right now? Also glad to see him passing Sir Jackie Bigmouth in wins.

Sergio - Giving Jensen a puncture would have clouded the effort but since he didn't, Nice drive.

Kimi - The Iceman continues to quietly cometh.

Rosberg & Webber - WTF? Drifting right to force the passing car to take the outside is fine but they both had a couple of very questionable herky jerky moves. Thankfully they wound up where they deserved to be.

Nice of Hobbs to mention The Mitty. Would like to meet him next week.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
What a race!!! Unfortunately not the race Ferrari was expecting through no fault of both their drivers with a faulty rear wing on Alonsos car and two delaminations on Massas car, but I'm sure haters like LTC are popping their own rose water today.
Excuse me?
I have already picked Alonso to win the 2013 WDC.
I don't see how picking someone to win the championship after only the 3rd race makes me a hater.
You clearly must have me confused with someone else.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:15 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Pete
Thumbs up to RBR for putting a woman on the podium to accept the constructors trophy... the first time a woman has been on podium in F1 for 27 years and to do it in a country where they treat woman as 2nd class citizens is nothing short of fantastic.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:19 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^LOL, Grosjean is like: "I want some of that!"

Great race for all three podium finishers, particularly Vettel. And yes, I still think Alonso is a way better pilot than him. It would've been a much different result had his DRS not gone to hell. Congrats to Perez on growing a pair. Finally, with all the talk of pairing Kimi and Vettel at RBR, I for one would like to see it happen. Then we'll see if Vettel is as good as y'all think he is.
On to Spain!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
+1
Old 04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great race. Hyper aggressive, I like it. Hammy stuck it to Webbo, he must have a kick me sign on his back.The best Tweet about the race came from@JeremyClarkson: Extraordinary. A Ferrari has had some kind of electrical glitch.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

How much money does a team receive for winning the Constructor's Championship?
Tens of millions of dollars...almost as much as Ferrari gets just for showing up.

How much money does a team receive for winning the Driver's Championship?
Zero

RBR looks at Vettel and Kimi with regards to the Constructors only, I don't think they evn think about the WDC.
It would be a smart move IMHO. I think Kimi would do well in the RBR environment.

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Prix of Bahrain