For all the Webber knockers...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Default For all the Webber knockers...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...200707452.html

When was the last time you saw a rival company apologise to another driver and team for a component issue?

Webber isn't the No1 F1 driver out there but he is plagued by quite a bit of bad luck and receives a lot of flak from Internet warriors who to my knowledge haven't stepped foot inside a race team let alone an F1 car.

Just sticking up for the Aussie who also had no KERS (yet again) for the entire race and managed a very credible 6th place with a car that had very poor tyre wear issues.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 AM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Pat, bad luck follows Webber like his own personal rain cloud. Something is just not right with his Karma..lol

And he gives up too easily...
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Webber is a good driver but a horrible starter. I can't figure out why he has not solved his take off problem. Not having KERS is not his fault.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:55 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Steve I agree with the bad luck thing, not so much with the give up thing. He had to battle hard for 6th place and has battled similarly in the past, but perhaps he feels pissed about the cloud thing that he creates his own karma...I dunno.

'My Karma ran over my Dogma'

Larry, don't think I didn't have my head in my hands yet again after about 7 seconds of the Grand Prix last weekend. It astounds me on a continued basis. Can it be all bad luck, no. Can it be all bad skills, no. Yet it happens time and time again. If it's frustrating for his fans I can't imagine how pissed he must be.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:53 AM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This article is BS. That start looked like all his starts last year, he is simply horrible.

Secondly, I didn't think KERS is used at the start, it can only be used once the car is moving at a particular speed, like 60 mph or something.

I was rooting for him before his championship season went off the rails a couple of years ago. I am tired of apologizing for his performance now.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Just winding you up Pat

I want to support him as an Aussie, but he just doesn't impress me very often. I actually think with Webber, he tries really hard, but seems to have some sort of mental thermostat that gives him an underdog complex. It's as if he almost expects things not to quite work out, and never to quite succeed. When everything goes right, he drives professionally and gets the job done, but as soon as he suffers from some type of setback, it's like he says to himself "typical, just as I expected"! His comments that he was pretty much done from the beginning are what I mean. All very understandable, but someone less reasonable like Vettel or Alonso would just refuse to accept the setback and fight back against all odds to win. Webber seems to try and makes a lot of valiant, but usually too late comeback attempts always explained by bad luck things that are beyond his control. I just don't think he has the ultimate winners mindset, despite being a competent driver.

Just my opinion...I'm probably talking crap...lol.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 853 Posts

Wait...when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about something else
Old 03-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

I love his watch...
Attached Images  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkM
This article is BS. That start looked like all his starts last year, he is simply horrible.

Secondly, I didn't think KERS is used at the start, it can only be used once the car is moving at a particular speed, like 60 mph or something.

I was rooting for him before his championship season went off the rails a couple of years ago. I am tired of apologizing for his performance now.
+1. His arrogance would lead you to believe he's a multi champion. He has had a great car for some time now and done very little with it.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:33 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

If I were Weber, I'd tell the team to go out and buy 50 clutches and practice starts for a whole day.

His problem wasn't KERS at the start at Australia. He got excessive wheel spin. He might give the excuse that he was on the dirty side of the track, but right behind him was Massa, who made a great start. You would think that after his abysmal starts last season he would fixed the problem by now.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,421 Likes on 2,032 Posts

I agree with almost all the above as it relates to Webber. Sorry Patrick, I'm sure he's a great guy, but as a professional, he is simply a servicable driver, but not champion material. Posting this thread probably did the opposite of what your intended purpose was I'm sure.

Although this past weekend may not have been his fault, I'm a firm believer that you make your own luck in this world and he's had a history of poor starts. He's actually lucky that there were 2 DRS zones, or he may not have had the ability to get up to 6th.

The Webber apologists might argue that Webber ALWAYS has bad luck with his equipment, but karma is a bitch and Webber has shown over and over and over again that he is not a team player and perhaps the extra attention to detail is not given to his car by the garage mechanics when he pulls stunts like he did in Brazil last year to the determient of the team and a teammate in contention for a WDC.

Finally, he's been in the best car on grid 3 years in a row and possibly a 4th this year and he never seems to match the pace of his car with his performance. Disappointment is probably the best one word answer to describe Webber in his F1 career.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why does Vettel has kers and not Webber?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...200707452.html

When was the last time you saw a rival company apologise to another driver and team for a component issue?

MES is supposed to be independent and in no way affiliated with McLaren F1. That was a requirement for them supplying standard ECU's to the F1 grid.
So, McLaren F1 didn't apologize, it was MES.

Of course, when MES decided to partner with Microsoft, it was only a matter of time before a blue screen of death visited an F1 garage.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:56 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Correct, it was MES but the issue is still the same.

As for the article being BS, err, sure it is..sure it is...lol.
He had massive clutch slip due to not being able to select the correct start map as he had no comms with his team. See how any of the other drivers/teams would do under the same circumstances. Guys, it's not a matter of slipping the clutch and giving the it a little bit of gas.
Times have moved on just a smidge. Both Webber and Vettel appealed to RBR to spend time on starts during the off season. Apparently they didn't do much of this.

Arrogant, that's interesting. He is commonly said to be the most liked driver in pitlane and the journo's like and respect him too. After the race he stated that even with KERS and comms he wasn't the fastest out there and congrats to Kimi.

Seems like many of the comments about Webber are born out of ignorance. As I've said plenty of times in the past. He's not the greatest ever to sit in an F1 seat but a lot of 'stuff' seems to happen to him. Not trying to start a conspiracy theory. I have no info to back that up. Some of his poor results would definitely be down to his own doing. No all of them though.

Steve, I don't entirely disagree with you. Some, but not all. Frank, I've never really grasped that phrase you make your own luck. Too much a leap of faith to believe that sentiment.

Last edited by 333pg333; 03-20-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,421 Likes on 2,032 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
MES is supposed to be independent and in no way affiliated with McLaren F1. That was a requirement for them supplying standard ECU's to the F1 grid.
So, McLaren F1 didn't apologize, it was MES.

Of course, when MES decided to partner with Microsoft, it was only a matter of time before a blue screen of death visited an F1 garage.
I can only imagine how loud the cries of FIA favoritism would be here and around the globe if Ferrari were the ones supplying the ECU to every team on the grid...... double standard?

Quick Reply: For all the Webber knockers...