Sponsored by:

Recommendations for a race school near a nice place to visit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RUF LIFE
I'm looking for a good race school that is near a city where I can go out to some nice restaurants or maybe do some tourist stuff when I'm done. Any recommendations?
make sure you figure out which school will offer you the necessary credentials to get the race license you desire. schools have many different classes that then qualify you for licenses in different series. I am definitely not in tune with the current offerings or who can provide an SCCA, NASA or PCA license, etc. but definitely something to think about.

also, the vehicles are important.

when I got mine, I went to sebring. skippy. loved the instructors. not sure I dug, at all, the vehicles. I forget what they were some old formula cars with old crunchy dog tooth sequentials, tiny wee footboxes. but it was fun.
that got me a scca license which got me a pca license and then a wc license, and etc. etc.i if I were to do it again, id go to a school that teaches in cars im familiar with. then again, being a different kind of car could be wicked cool, IF, its a good car.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike K.
Mont Tremblant, Quebec

http://www.jimrussell.com/

Fine restaurants in a tourist town

Not sure but I believe they are changing to all new Formula Renault cars this year
I cannot agree more with Mike's suggestion! Track is great, food is great, scenic views, nice hotels...

c.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 PM
RUF LIFE
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone. Some great places y'all brought up. Some I've never heard of but look awesome

Quick Reply: Recommendations for a race school near a nice place to visit