Rennlist Member

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,571 Posts

I heard she can't parallel park.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,395 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by LUV2SPEED2
look I like Danica but Nascar Is the WWE of auto racing. This was a very easy fix, remember this ai a restrictor plate race, Nascar officals hand the plate to the team and watch them install on engine. Gee do you think she got a plate a little larger ?
What a load of ****.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Whatever her skills are, she's a pain in the *** in her off the track life. I've spent time with and around several celebrities, much bigger names than her. She conducts herself as if she is the queen of the world. Makes sure that everyone knows she is not to be spoken to directly, etc...
I've always believed that how a person treats those that they don't need to be nice to shows their true nature.
She's rotten.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

While I agree she does come off poorly many times in her non-racing life...so what? I am interested in the racing, not the reality show personal dramas.

That's why this is the racing forum, not the American Idol forum.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 743 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by LUV2SPEED2
look I like Danica but Nascar Is the WWE of auto racing. This was a very easy fix, remember this ai a restrictor plate race, Nascar officals hand the plate to the team and watch them install on engine. Gee do you think she got a plate a little larger ?
More sour grapes.....

Scott
Old 02-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 74 Posts

Like her or not, and she is a very divisive figure in the sport, she has made a bit of history and you can't argue with that.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts

Well good for her and her team.

I spent about 15-20 minutes one-on-one with her back when she was running Atlantics. She was friendly and candid as she waited for a run session. Not the most outgoing person, but friendly. We talked about Atlantic set up and the track (Laguna) if I recall correctly.

I have not followed her career closely, but I watch racing and she can clearly drive. The only career move that I stumbled across that disappointed me was her FHM photo shoot years ago. For some reason I found it went beyond the boundaries.

In any case, I hope for a good 500. Good racing and no one gets hurt.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:41 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Loved Tony Stewart's comments in the interview afterwards.
What did he say?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:53 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wow. May of 2010? That's the best you've got? 3 year old stuff?

LMAO....

As I said...
What has she done in the last 3 years?

I stand by my comment. She's okay, but has yet to prove herself when driving very good equipment. The new car is a bit of an equalizer for all of the teams, so lets see how the race unfolds. If she manages a win or even a couple more poles this year, I may change my opinion. I'm not subscribing to any NASCAR conspiracy theories (I've grown to appreciate their racing quite a bit actually), I'm just basing this off results.

As for my reference to a story from 2010, Alonso haters have been milking Spygate for almost 6 years...
Old 02-18-2013, 07:34 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would suggest everyone just wait until the end of the season to judge Ms. Patrick's on track performance.

NASCAR racing at Daytona and Talladega is often stated to be more about car (and drafting help during a race) than driver.

If she is as dominant over the course of the season as she was qualifying for the first race, then the debate will be over.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
What has she done in the last 3 years?

As for my reference to a story from 2010, Alonso haters have been milking Spygate for almost 6 years...
What has she done? She has done generally better than Mr. Earnhardt's namesake son...who has aguably the BEST of everything and the biggest fan base.

As for Alonso, you're right, some people are. However, IMO, Alonso has comported himself generally much better since joining Ferrari...very professionally...much like danica has since going NASCAR.

Originally Posted by ltc
I would suggest everyone just wait until the end of the season to judge Ms. Patrick's on track performance.

NASCAR racing at Daytona and Talladega is often stated to be more about car (and drafting help during a race) than driver.

If she is as dominant over the course of the season as she was qualifying for the first race, then the debate will be over.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, of course. However, to me, winning pole position of the Daytona 500 is a massive accomplishment for ANYONE, and stands on its own.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
That's a pretty tall order isn't it? Who has been dominant over the course of the season in NASCAR? Someone sometimes stands out in the points race by a large margin, but his name is Jimmy Johnson. When Stewart won The Chase two years ago, he put on a charge at the end of the season to get it. He didn't exactly dominate the field.

So if Danica doesn't get another pole, and maybe only has a couple of top 10's, she's a hack? If she gets another pole, finishes in the chase, but can't win it, that's not enough?

Just trying to understand what the metric is for deciding that she's a good driver.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Suck it.

That is all.

Get back to me when she actually wins something. Or better yet when she is crowned series champion. Until then you're just spitting into the wind.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Get back to me when she actually wins something. Or better yet when she is crowned series champion. Until then you're just spitting into the wind.
Sort of like Dale Jr?

LOL at you...
Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

You can build a car to be fast by itself or fast in the pack [Daytona & Talladega].
Once race starts, Danica to the rear. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey, Danica Patrick haters...