Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK's Future In Club/Spec Racing???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:01 AM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, just saw the new video, wow. Glad you are OK and appeared in good spirits about it too.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 PM
GearTie
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. Its crazy how fast it all happened. I'll definitely be avoiding those curbs next week.

The weight we are required to run at for P1 Class in ITC is 3140lbs. The tires were Hankook DOT...245/275

So far, it looks like the damage is in front of the fuel cell...which is great news. I would love to have the car back in time for COTA.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
GBoxguys
Instructor

Hey there Dan,

That is great news regarding the car. Hopefully it can be repaired for you fairly quickly. We look forward to seeing you back at it again soon.

Erik Johnson
Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 AM
caymancyr
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GearTie
Thanks guys. Its crazy how fast it all happened. I'll definitely be avoiding those curbs next week.
I just saw your video of turn 5! I'm really glad you're OK.

So now I hear your going to be running with us boys down in Stock E. Any chance we could do some lead follow through turn 5? Although now you're also going to have to brake, clutch, blip, and shift as your turning in! I hope the PDK hasn't sapped your skill set. ;-)

Last edited by caymancyr; 03-14-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: change context
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Just saw the video this evening, some good driving, any idea why the rear end kept coming out on you. Glad to hear the driver was in good spirits and health, bonus if its just fuel cell and front end work. That was a real crash. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:46 AM
GearTie
Rennlist Member

Mr Cyr,

Yes..would love to do some lead follow through 5! I'll be practicing up on my shifting techniques all day Thursday. Lets see...blip, clutch, shift...dammit!...I can't even remember When is the last time you raced at Road Atlanta?

Regarding my loose rear end, that part of the video was early in the weekend. I also had two additional slides that day that didn't end up on video...sideways through turn 1 and a 360 spin exiting 6 into the grass. It all had to do with shock and sway bar setups...and tires. I also think that adding the diff changed the handling.

Also, I forgot to mention some comments about the PDK Sports Plus Auto Shifting. At Sebring, in auto mode, the car seemed to be in the right gear most of the time. However, at Road Atlanta, that wasn't the case. Turn 1, 5, 7, and 10b were problem spots. There were many times where the computer left me in a taller gear at exit. I lost a lot of speed from 7 to 10a when this happened...until I started downshifting manually before turn-in. So, at Road Atlanta, I think the best technique is to manually make the shifts before turn-in at 1,5,7, and 10b...and then let the car make the rest of the shifts throughout the track.

Last edited by GearTie; 03-15-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: added content
Old 03-15-2013, 11:33 AM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Interesting observation on those turns, because PDK is letting you down in the most critical turns to get right to maximize track speed.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:18 AM
caymancyr
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by GearTie
Mr Cyr,

Yes..would love to do some lead follow through 5! I'll be practicing up on my shifting techniques all day Thursday. Lets see...blip, clutch, shift...dammit!...I can't even remember When is the last time you raced at Road Atlanta?
Last race at Road Atlanta, let me think. Umm. Oh yeah, NEVER!

You think this will give you an advantage? Preposterous! I am a master at the art of visualization.

Last edited by caymancyr; 03-16-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: fixing wink

Quick Reply: PDK's Future In Club/Spec Racing???